Have any ride cowards gone on Guardians?

Huge ride coward here... BTMRR is fun, hate Space, wouldn't even try Matterhorn... but tried GotG on our 4th day last month because it was EMH and no line. Very glad I did, it was a fun experience. Not something I could do over and over by any means, but really a smooth, fun ride.

I would also suggest you reconsider the Incredicoaster. As a ride coward, I tried California Screamin' a while back, petrified of the loop. It was probably the most fun I've ever had on a roller coaster. Was really bummed the Incredicoaster wasn't up yet when we were there in June.

I agree about Screamin'/Incredicoaster. I think because it's a smooth ride it's not as scary. By my second and third ride on Screamin' I loved it. I hate the rickety wooden roller coasters. They feel unsafe and I guess that adds to the thrill but not for me. Years ago I rode Viper at Magic Mountain and it was absolutely horrifying and I never felt the same about roller coasters again. I remember my friends laughing hysterically at the picture taken of me on the ride because I looked like I was riding toward my own death. And that's exactly how I felt.

Anyway, riding Screamin' brought back my enjoyment of roller coasters. I think there is a huge leap in thrill level between Matterhorn, BTMR, Screamin', and GOTG. Guardians is my thrill limit.

Huge ride coward here... BTMRR is fun, hate Space, wouldn't even try Matterhorn... but tried GotG on our 4th day last month because it was EMH and no line. Very glad I did, it was a fun experience. Not something I could do over and over by any means, but really a smooth, fun ride.

I would also suggest you reconsider the Incredicoaster. As a ride coward, I tried California Screamin' a while back, petrified of the loop. It was probably the most fun I've ever had on a roller coaster. Was really bummed the Incredicoaster wasn't up yet when we were there in June.

Yup, petrified of the loop. I absolutely hate the backwards section of Everest because it gives the impression of going upside down. Horrific feeling for me which is why I firmly ruled out Incredicoaster.

My husband isn’t a fan of Tower of Terror at WDW, and I’ve had to ride alone a time or two. He’s not a fan of big thrill rides in general. But on our Disneyland trip last year he seemed to love the Guardians version. I think the music and the scenes distracted him - or at least he loves Guardians enough to push through his fear and ride it anyway. He screamed and laughed the whole time. It was loads of fun.

I'm in the group that HATED ToT (and DD melted down in the queue for it once - she was also not a fan). We love the Guardians movies, though. So we cajoled and begged her to get on it (and I had to swallow my own dislike of ToT). Halfway through the ride, she yelled, "I LOVE THIS!" and I enjoyed it very much, too - it's now one of my very favorite rides.

However, we've ridden it a dozen times and STILL have not gotten the Jackson Five song.

DH is a converted ride coward...he didn't care for ToT, but loved Guardians! The music makes the experience so fun. I'd try it once!

Hey there! I used to be a MAJOR ride chicken hehe. But after my last WDW trip, I braved TOT, Expedition Everest, Rock N Roller, etc. My favorite ride for years has been Big Thunder. I do Splash, even though the drop always makes me nervous, but I love the theming. On my next DCA trip, my husband is wanting me to do Incredicoaster. I never did it when it was California Screamin because I was scared. I really would like to know how this compares to others. I love Disney rides and want to Brave it. How bad are the drops on this ride? The loops on Rock N Roller didn't bother me too bad, but that was because it is in the dark I am sure.

I'm in the group that HATED ToT (and DD melted down in the queue for it once - she was also not a fan). We love the Guardians movies, though. So we cajoled and begged her to get on it (and I had to swallow my own dislike of ToT). Halfway through the ride, she yelled, "I LOVE THIS!" and I enjoyed it very much, too - it's now one of my very favorite rides.

However, we've ridden it a dozen times and STILL have not gotten the Jackson Five song.
Is the Jackson 5 song supposed to be the most intense? I can't wait to ride it! I did TOT for the first time a few months ago at WDW and liked it. It was not nearly as bad as I imagined it would be. Held on for dear life the first time lol.

Is the Jackson 5 song supposed to be the most intense? I can't wait to ride it! I did TOT for the first time a few months ago at WDW and liked it. It was not nearly as bad as I imagined it would be. Held on for dear life the first time lol.
I think Born to be Wild is the most intense - at least, of the ones I've gotten.

Hey there! I used to be a MAJOR ride chicken hehe. But after my last WDW trip, I braved TOT, Expedition Everest, Rock N Roller, etc. My favorite ride for years has been Big Thunder. I do Splash, even though the drop always makes me nervous, but I love the theming. On my next DCA trip, my husband is wanting me to do Incredicoaster. I never did it when it was California Screamin because I was scared. I really would like to know how this compares to others. I love Disney rides and want to Brave it. How bad are the drops on this ride? The loops on Rock N Roller didn't bother me too bad, but that was because it is in the dark I am sure.
I know they may be different sensations, but I really did not do well on Rock N Roller. Thinking back to Screamin/'Incredicoaster, I just felt like it was a fun, smooth ride. I remember thinking "oh no, here's the loop", and before I knew it I was laughing my way through it. It was actually a really fun ride element. I did not think the drops were an issue at all--it's not that kind of coaster. I'd say definitely give it a go once and see what you think!

Did it for the first time 2 weeks ago. Loved it! I have never done TOT either. I had always thought they were both just huge drops from the very top to the bottom. It wasn't at all. The drops were totally manageable; whereas, the drop on Splash still bothers me because it's so long. GOTG drops are short. You drop and go back up some and just keep repeating this. It felt very smooth. You do lose your stomach though. I think I rode it at least 5 times on our trip, even when I wasn't feeling well first thing in the morning. I could easily handle this over Rock n Rollercoaster. That's about my limit for coasters. I usually only ride it once per trip, and I really don't enjoy it that much. I still haven't done Incredicoaster/California Screamin'. The drops just look too big.

Yup, petrified of the loop. I absolutely hate the backwards section of Everest because it gives the impression of going upside down. Horrific feeling for me which is why I firmly ruled out Incredicoaster.
I cannot do upside down stuff, but I enjoy the Incredicoaster (or at least I did in its previous incarnation as California Screaming) since it goes through the looping so quickly that you are being pushed into your seat firmly & it really doesn’t feel like being upside down.

I do consider myself a ride wimp (I hate Goofy’s Sky School & Splash Mountain) but, for some reason GOTG doesn’t bother me. I never dared to ride it when it was TOT, though.

I was a TOT chicken. I did not like TOT. I would ride it if DH and DD were riding it and wanted me to go. DD occasionally would get on it and claimed she liked it, but other times was terrified of it

I like the GOTG movies, so I braved the GOTG version and it really is great. The intensity depends on which song you get. I can't remember which song we got the first time, but it was the most intense with the most drops-- it was great, but I was a little shaky getting off and DD refused to get back on. We rode it a second time (well DH and I did, but DD took the chicken exit) and got Hit Me With Your Best Shot and it was extremely fun! It was definitely not as intense of the first song we got. I could do Hit Me With Your Best Shot over and over again. If I knew I would get that song, I don't think I would even be scared. I always get anxious before TOT/GOTG, but I plan to try it again this year. Unless you get motion sickness, I would say, give it a try. If you hate it, you don't ever have to do it again. Plus, if you go through the line, you will see some really neat stuff, even if you decide to take the chicken exit once it is time to get on the ride!

Well- that would make sense based on our experience this month-- we got "I Want you Back" by Jackson 5. At one point, I saw an article/blog or post with a list of the songs with the number of drops for each one and an indicator of which was the most intense, but I have looked for it everywhere and can't find it again. I figured out the one we had last time was Give Up the Funk. So, we have had "I Want you Back" (this year), and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" and "Give up the Funk" last year. To me "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" was the least intense of those three. The other two both seemed more intense, but at least for me--- I was shaky getting off after Give Up the Funk, but not after I Want you Back. That could be because Give Up the Funk was the first time I had ever ridden it, but in my mind- it is the most intense. I would give "I Want you Back" a close second though.

So- for full disclosure, we have been to DLR since my original post. We rode GOTG and we convinced 12 year old DD to ride it again, even though she had refused to go on it the second time DH and I did, our trip last year. As stated above, we got "I Want you Back". It was pretty intense, but I still liked it, and I hated Tower of Terror. DD, however, clung to DH's shoulder the whole time, screamed "Make it Stop", and dug her nails into DH's shoulder so hard that she drew a little blood and the scratches stayed for days. He got off the ride looking to see if his shirt was ripped--- stretched out and had marks on it (which went away)- but not ripped. She says she is never going to ride it again- so clearly it is not for every one.

Even if you ultimately chicken out and take the chicken exit- the theming is amazing and it is really something to see for a Guardians fan. The chicken exit is right at the loading point, so you can walk in the building, see the pre-show, and walk the area up to boarding. I still say -try it once and you don't ever have to do it again if you hate it-- just try not to injure the person sitting next to you.

We are here now and my DD has been very brave and super excited to try new rides. She hated Indy and Goofys Sky School and told me she is never doing them again. She didn’t seem to like the drops on Grizzly but wants to do that ride again. She likes the Guardian movies and wants to try Guardians. She didn’t like Indy because she thought it was too scary. We haven’t done Splash yet, is that the only ride that would give her an idea to prepare for drops? Is there a best case/worst case of the amount of drops? How long do they last? Is there a place to sit that seems less scary?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter