Have You Ever Gotten Sick From a Disney Restaurant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't you think that if someone was unable to tolerate a certain food, that they would get sick every time that they eat it? Not just a one off experience? There are many types of microbe bacteria that can make a person sick, aka food poisoning. I don't understand why so many of you keep denying that fact. And yes, there are bacteria that brings on illness much quicker then 24 hours. A quick Google search will show you this. Please stop perpetuating the lie that food poisoning can not come on quickly and be done quickly. You do realize that they say "average" for a reason. Some people have worse immune systems or metabolisms so they are likely to suffer longer. There is a quick side the average also. I really don't understand why people like you keep saying that over and over when it is obviously not true. Your mentality is exactly why people, especially woman, have their medical issues dismissed. You want to paint everyone with the same brush when we know that everyone's body works differently.
Per Mayo Clinic: Sickness caused by food poisoning generally lasts from a few hours to several days.

Per Mayo Clinic: Sickness caused by food poisoning generally lasts from a few hours to several days.

That is the average. That is why they use the term "generally". Some of us go through things faster. You can have 2 people with the same illness and have completely different symptoms and levels of illness. What we have gone through lately should have taught you this. Many people report that they are sick for a bit and once they expel it all, they feel better. You are acting as if what I am saying is some anomaly, it is not.

A few years ago Food Poisoning from Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen for me, lasted about a day and have never went back. It hit me pretty hard and can’t see ever returning.

I got nauseated after thr Japan quick service ramen or udon, I don't remember. Not violently ill but really queasy. I have since learned that I am sensitive to certain types of ramen. The kind you make at home is fine. The kind you get out, GOOD ramen, often makes me queasy. Apparently certain types are really rich from pork fat and I think maybe it's that?

That is how I judge if it's food poisoning or not. Do I ask God to let me die now so the torture will end? People say "I think I had food poisoning..." Respectfully no. Food positioning is not a slight upset stomach or a little diarrhea. It's stuff coming out both ends for hours and you can't even keep water down.

Thankfully never been sick from the food at Disney, but have had mild heat stroke and dehydration that led to nausea.
So this. I accidentally gave myself salmonella once (I assume, it was undercooked egg in a pie) and if you don't wonder if you need the ER at least once, it probably isn't food poisoning.

Apparently certain types are really rich from pork fat and I think maybe it's that?
That could be, I went to a good asian restaurant in New Haven that specialized in soups. I got some made with pork belly and it was really rich with fat.

Last trip at Earl of Sandwich. It was the first and only time I've gotten salmonella and I never want to repeat the experience. It hit about 24 hours later & I knew it was the culprit because it was the only meal in about 72 hours that I had something different from the rest of my family.

I have never had chills like that in my entire life. I spent the rest of vacation (it was our first day, of course) subsisting on blue Powerade and those snack packs you can get at some QS places - hardboiled egg, fruit, nuts, etc. I couldn't go inside any buildings because my chills were too bad - I was shivering out in the sun. Almost passed out in line for the barnstormer. Basically, my entire vacation consisted of every public restroom in the park and laying on whatever open bench I could find while my family went and rode rides.

Never, ever, ever again. We're going again in June and I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of getting sick again. Like, I'd rather just pack all of my own meals than risk it.

I've always trusted Disney's culinary cast members, and I personally have never had an issue with any of the dining options (quick service or table service) on property. I'm curious to hear whether anybody here has dined on Disney property and gotten sick from a particular dish they/their party ate. And whether or not you gave that dish a second chance.

Post your horror stories. :earboy2:

my daughter became violently ill after eating at the Crystal Palace for lunch one time. She spent a good deal of time upchucking in the bathroom in the passageway that goes between adventureland and frontierland. It was awful.

It's difficult to tell the source when you get sick at WDW. Is it food poisoning? Bacterial? Viral? People spend so much money on their vacation that they don't stay away from others even if they feel ill. (I've seen parents wipe down a little kid poolside who just had diarrhea at Typhoon Lagoon then send them right back in the water. Also saw a kid playing catch in a resort pool with an adult...the kid got out, threw up in the landscaping...then got back in the pool. Adult watched and said nothing.)

If you throw up after eating at a restaurant, was it the food or coincidental timing? Did the thing you ate taste a bit off because you were already starting to get sick without realizing it or was the food bad?

Tricky stuff.

my daughter became violently ill after eating at the Crystal Palace for lunch one time. She spent a good deal of time upchucking in the bathroom in the passageway that goes between adventureland and frontierland. It was awful.

as awful as it was at the time, it's a source of amusement to us now.
She did a very good impersonation of the exorcist. Or maybe better that guy in Alien.
whenever we do those 'remember when' sessions, it always is mentioned to a lot of laughing.
But she really was in such a bad way until she cleared her stomach.
Once she was done though, it didn't seem to have any lingering after effects, so whatever it was, must have come up with all that vomiting.
It was as though she'd taken syrup of ipecac, given the speed and violence of the response.

Needless to say, she has avoided Crystal Palace ever since. And we're talking about 20 years since it happened.

We ate at Sanaa. It was very good. Hubby and I got the same thing. Around 4 am I was violently ill for about 5 min then I was fine. I think it was just the spices I wasn't accustomed too.

I also got very ill following a dinner at Sanaa. We had to cancel all our reservations for the next day. The management at AKL even came to our room to check on me and offered medical care.

Turns out it was not food poisoning but instead a terrible way to find out I had a sesame allergy. I was in my late 20's..... so honestly I agree with the people saying its not always food poisoning.

(I've seen parents wipe down a little kid poolside who just had diarrhea at Typhoon Lagoon then send them right back in the water.

This is GROSS. Ewwww.

I read this article once about all the substances found in a Vegas pool, and I can't imagine Disney is much different. Bleccch.

We ate at Sanaa. It was very good. Hubby and I got the same thing. Around 4 am I was violently ill for about 5 min then I was fine. I think it was just the spices I wasn't accustomed too.
I've only had acid reflux/heartburn symptoms 3 times in my life: all 3 when I ate Indian food at WDW. I've never had that problem with Indian food anywhere else so I've concluded that it must be a specific spice they use at WDW.

Ugh, yes. The breakfast lasagna at Crystal Palace. It was the morning we were leaving. I have never puked so much in my life. I'm talking projectile vomiting all the way home on the plane. We still joke about the breakfast lasagna to this day 🤢

I got nauseated after thr Japan quick service ramen or udon, I don't remember. Not violently ill but really queasy. I have since learned that I am sensitive to certain types of ramen. The kind you make at home is fine. The kind you get out, GOOD ramen, often makes me queasy. Apparently certain types are really rich from pork fat and I think maybe it's that?
Do you ever get sick from other pork products? We've recently learned that I am allergic to added sodium nitrates and nitrites in meat, which is typically pork. I get violently ill really fast, and it's awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter