Have You Ever Gotten Sick From a Disney Restaurant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Hana this past November 2021 party of four adults. We will never eat there again. We pretty much stopped at the entrees as they were inedible, so most of the food was not consumed.

Just once, a couple of days after having dinner at Raglan Road.

Yes, from pizza delivery to my room. Friends have had the same issue, regardless of the resort. Stay away from the food court pizza! 🤮

Nine Dragons at Epcot - my husband and I both got sick about an hour after eating there. I convinced it was due to the meal we had there because it’s the only time the whole trip we ate the same thing.

My sister got food poisoning from the Pop Century food court once. Must've been the coleslaw, as we split everything else in the meal we shared, but I didn't touch the coleslaw.

I got food poisoning from Teppen Edo a few years ago. I called Disney Dining the next morning to tell them I couldn't make my Kona Cafe reservation that day and explained my reasoning (so I wouldn't get charged). A few minutes later, I got a call from a manager at Teppen Edo who refunded my dinner. I explained that I couldn't say for certain it was that food but I've had food poisoning before and it was a very similar situation. Manager told me that regardless if it came from them or not, I still had a bad experience and should be compensated.
Funny thing is that much earlier that day before my Teppen Edo meal, I had half of a caramel bar from Karamell kuche. And still now, I can't eat caramel. It's like my brain was fixated that it was the caramel that got me sick.

This was years ago, but I was pregnant and got so sick from eating at the Grand Floridian Cafe my husband nearly called an ambulance! It was my first time eating there and I REALLY wanted some french toast and everyone raved about it there. I got it and thought it was a bit soggy in the middle but assumed they'd never serve undercooked egg anything to someone, especially a visibly pregnant woman. Bad assumption. I stopped eating when it became clear that no, it wasn't part of the dish and was in fact just severely undercooked if not raw but it was too late. Thankfully it passed about halfway through the next day but I was SO sick it was scary.

One year we had lunch at Beaches and Cream right before we were headed back home to PA. I ordered a burger. On the way to the airport, I started with a headache. We just finished checking in and severe nausea hit and thank goodness for a trash can right next to me:oops::crazy2:

Our DS got sick once - but is was dehydration - not drinking enough water
No food issues

It's interesting to see quite a lot of people commenting that they got sick from Ohana. Perhaps they cook the food with MSG?
For me guessing it’s various spices I’m unaccustomed to eating, known triggers the coriander & cilantro they ‘sneak in’ many dishes. Ive learned to ask specifically re those two

Unfortunately, we own at AK. The delicious smell of boma calls to me despite being 0-5 there, including breakfast. At times didn’t even make it thru the meal. Someday I’ll learn lol
Our DS got sick once - but is was dehydration - not drinking enough water
No food issues
I believe that is a primary reason many do get ill vs the food. That, and eating heavy meals on top of lots of walking & the oppressive heat, can easily turn one’s stomach

I have never had a problem (knock on wood) after many, many, many, many trips to WDW. However, after reading all the O'Hana and Teppan Edo ones... I am a little afraid! Sci Fi was mentioned quite a few times too.... I usually get a Reuben sandwich there and haven't had a problem, so I think I am safe with my go-to choice. I have eaten at O'Hana a number of times - even had my wedding reception there! Never a problem. Teppan Edo have only eaten once. I am definitely going to take into consideration what others have said on here though!!! Food poisoning is the worst (I just had it from a fresh bottle of Egg Nog right before Christmas) and I don't want ANY problems like that moving forward!!!!

I got super sick after eating at Le Cellier over Thanksgiving week 2020, I can say I won't be eating there for a VERY long time. We have a ride photo of me on Test Track around the time it hit, it was pretty chilly outside and I had started sweating and removed my hoodie before boarding, then right before they launched us outside I closed my eyes and just started repeating to myself "don't be sick....don't be sick....don't be sick...." ruined the first 3 days of our trip. My husband had the same food except for one thing, mussels. I got sick and he didn't, live and learn.

On a trip many years ago my cousin got sick from a dish that served cactus at San Angel Inn. He was stuck in the hotel room for 2 days.

Undercooked chicken at CRT. Both grandparents were sick immediately after. Fortunately recovered by the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter