Have You Ever Gotten Sick From a Disney Restaurant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got sick from Whispering Canyon Café. Not vomiting but going to the bathroom a lot and nausea. I felt like I wanted to get sick but never did. I also had a hair on the plate so nope never been back and this was about 10 years ago. Just can't.

I have had food intolerance issues with Disney food on occasion that I do not really think are related to the food quality. IBS rears it’s head sometimes. 😳

I witnessed a child get sick in the car next to me parking at TTC. Car loaded with 5-6 people. The mom gets out and wipes the sick kid down, puts him in a stroller, and off they go with the rest of us to the park.

I think this is how a lot of us get sick honestly.

I raised 4 kids and know how a sick kid can derail your plans, but I have totally turned the car around and left when one of my kids got sick. I am thinking also of the poor kid - not dragging him/her around when not feeling well.

I had "digestive discomfort" after eating at the food booths at Festival of the Arts (I think it was from fish). I don't think I will continue to eat food from the booths that can go bad if not stored at specific temperatures.

DD got sick after eating at Ohana many years ago. But I think it is difficut to know if it is really caused by the food or something else.

Pulled pork nachos from ESPN Club back in 2013. Made for a miserable night and a lingering BBQ taste in my mouth from heaving a few times.

December 2016 I got terribly sick on departure day, including violently spewing in a Walgreens parking lot and into a gallon ziploc bag just after security at MCO. Bonus that I had been drinking fruit punch Powerade so it must have looked like I had ebola or something to everybody walking by. The entire 6 hour flight back to Seattle I was just hunched over staring at the seat in front of me feeling like I wanted to die. Took a few days to fully recover.

The night before I had dinner at Sanaa and the butter chicken tasted kind of funny so I suspect that's what it was. Although it also could have been the shrimp at Spice Road Table or the GF room service lox, both consumed that previous day as well. I've eaten several times at Sanaa since and it's been great, but I'll never order the butter chicken again.

I witnessed a child get sick in the car next to me parking at TTC. Car loaded with 5-6 people. The mom gets out and wipes the sick kid down, puts him in a stroller, and off they go with the rest of us to the park.

I think this is how a lot of us get sick honestly.

I raised 4 kids and know how a sick kid can derail your plans, but I have totally turned the car around and left when one of my kids got sick. I am thinking also of the poor kid - not dragging him/her around when not feeling well.
that could have been me as a child and I would not have sick just car sick. yes that short of trip would be enough

Do you ever get sick from other pork products? We've recently learned that I am allergic to added sodium nitrates and nitrites in meat, which is typically pork. I get violently ill really fast, and it's awful.
Not generally but really porky things like pork belly are offputting to me. Bacon somehow isn't. Pork generally isn't.

I don't think it was food poisoning but my mom, dad and I got really sick from La Cantina de San Angel. All 3 of us ordered the same thing (really don't remember what it was, this happened 10 years ago) while my sister ordered something different and didn't get sick. We swore off all of the Mexico pavilion restaurants since but recently I went to La Hacienda and was fine.

Also I'm really surprised at all of the Ohana responses. As a kid that was one of the main table services my family did and none of us ever got sick.

Oh man I have the worst sick story! We planned for our wedding at Disney and I went 2 days early to enjoy the parks with friends. That first night I was the worst sick Ive ever been. Husband and I ate flatbread at the GF Cafe but he was fine. I have extreme anxiety about stomach sick so that made it worse :(

I then had to miss our rehearsal dinner, a park day with friends the following day and my mom and I had a resort switch that day. Thankfully she called the desk and they gave us a late check out, but we couldn’t get into our new room for a few hrs so I had to sit miserably in the GF lobby.

I felt pretty yuck that entire day but didn’t get sick, I hardly slept at all the night before our wedding. Woke up exhausted but had our ceremony ok, then our wedding lunch but was very nauseous so didn’t get to eat much.

We had a few hr break after the ceremony before our fireworks dessert party at Epcot, so husband and I took a nap. I felt better but then he felt sick! He stayed in the room alone while I went to the desert party with my family/friends. I was grateful to feel better and enjoy it with them, but missed my husband and it just was NOT the wedding I had planned :(

I keep telling him we need to do a re do :D

kitkath...that sounds so awful!!! I hate being stomach sick...but to feel that way in the days leading to my wedding in WDW! UGH.

I completely and fully agree you need a redo! Renewal of vows!

So many ohanas...only have had breakfast there since dinner doesn't appeal to me and thankfully we've been ok. I also wonder too, if it's a stomach bug especially for some people who mentioned they were the only one who got sick and others in their group ate the same thing.

Knocking on wood, I've never gotten ill on vacation but people I know that this has happened to, not just at disney, attribute it to eating foods they don't normally eat at home, more alcohol than usual and heat exhaustion.

We were served chicken at O’hana that was completely raw and still frozen inside. They didn’t defrost it so it looked cooked on the outside but once you cut in it was cold, icy and very much uncooked. Luckily did not get sick because I did not eat it (my husband always laughs at me for eating bone in chicken with a knife and fork, but that’s how I caught it before taking a bite). I guess I’m not surprised others are getting sick there!

One time, we all got very violently sick after Cosmic Rays. I blame the fixins bar—not sure if that has returned post covid. Haven’t eaten there since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter