Have You Ever Had To Confront Another Guest's Poor Behavior?

Not me but my wife lost it with a chap that made a tsk tut sound and frowned at my son. Hes disabled and makes odd sounds from time to time. I missed him doing it but she didnt. She simply said, watch him second.

Walked right up to him and asked him what his issue was and did he have something against disabled kids. He muttered something about hurting his ears to which she told him he should be ashamed of himself. He was also English no surprise there, every american family we have ever met out there is been wonderful with him. Inc one guy that let my son use his phone to watch you tube on a bus ride before we had roaming plans for our cell.

But the only case I can think of we never had time to say anything. I think we all have stereotypes of the "ugly American tourist" and the "worst of WDW", but this was a large family, 6 or 7, and very much looked like they came right from a country club photo shoot, They had piles of trays of uneaten food at their table at Peco's Bill, then had a food fight while they waited for two to come back from the bathroom. Then they got up and left...they did not clean up their food fight mess, bus their trays, or anything; no one even make an effort. A CM came round, looked at the mess, looked at the door, looked to me, and asked, "did ... they just ... leave?" I've never actually seem a face just "drop" in exasperation in right life before, but her's did. My 6yo and I helped bus the trays, and were happy to do so, despite the CMs insisting we didn't need to.

We saw something similar in May at Le Cellier. We had just sat down next to a large table with a large group. They were letting the kids crawl under the table & run around table & the the adults were loud also. Luckily for us they left before we received our entrees. Unluckily for the staff, they left a HUGE mess, with food & napkins everywhere including under table and it looked like they had allowed the children to crumble bread everywhere too. We felt so bad for the staff.

Only if it is a safety measure

If someone is just being a jerk, I walk away. Not worth the grief or potential harm.

Twice someone was doing something that endangered someone else.

1 time was a mom letting her kids chase the SNAKE that was in a landscapped bed at Epcot.

1 time someone was being stupid about where they were crossing/walking on a road.

I said something both of those times.

In the bus line at Epcot at the end of the night (after Illuminations, very long bus lines). The way the line was set up was that wheelchairs and scooters go through the line with everyone else until the pull off before the last leg. One woman in a scooter was trying to drive through and cut everyone, so I tried to explain to her how the line worked. Well, she didn't like that and insisted I was wrong and she was supposed to be able to go right to the front. My party refused to let her pass. She wound up driving under some ropes into an area marked CMs Only to try to bypass the line, then was thwarted by a line of traffic cones at the other end.

Our first few Disney vacations were at Pop Century, and I was so surprised when we went from value to moderate about the bus stop situation. The covered queues are super nice but I really appreciated the roped-off queues at Pop.
Yeah, I was pretty surprised when I saw the free-for-all bus stop when we stayed at the Dolphin. I've seen users on this board call the value resort bus queues "people corrals"--but I'd rather be in a corral and know where I am in line than be part of an unorganized crowd. If I'm doing a more relaxed trip and missing rope drop it's fine (the buses never filled up when I was waiting for them at AKL my last trip, but I sort of made a point of sleeping in), but doing rope drop for AK from Coronado Springs back when FoP was less than a year old was extremely stressful. In contrast, rope drop for DHS from AoA in the first year of Galaxy's Edge was a cinch, and it was the orderly bus queues that made all the difference.

He was also English no surprise there, every american family we have ever met out there is been wonderful with him. Inc one guy that let my son use his phone to watch you tube on a bus ride before we had roaming plans for our cell.

I spend 4-6 weeks at WDW every year. I travel with my disabled son. He is fairly non-verbal so we don't do a lot of talking. Once I realized that many English folks traveled to WDW for extended holiday the end of September I would purposely book my trip to be there with them. They were absolutely wonderful with my son. They are great about engaging me in conversation and making my line waits so interesting.

They would ask about his schooling/program, they would ask him (I would answer) his favorite characters and movies, they would hold elevators, ask us where we ate, one lady pulled his snorkel out of the water and got to me at Discovery Cove when DS became exhausted. I have had nothing but very positive experiences with the guests from England.

I have had many bad experiences with Americans but I don't say "oh it's because they are American". I think maybe we shouldn't assume behaviors are because of where one is from but because of their individual personality.

I from England I know our culture hence I wasnt shocked . Suffered this loads of times in Tesco’s and alike.
I don't think you clearly do know our culture then as not everyone is like that and it's very small minded of you to assume so.
I'm really sorry that you've had some horrible experiences but that could happen in absolutely any country.

Well, I will say I tend to have grace for people most of the time. When I think of our first ever trip? Oy! I definitely needed it. I remember our first day at WDW, we went to the MK. We arrived right at the afternoon parade, but we didn't do it on purpose. That's just when we happened to get there, and we had no clue.

So as we came out from under the train station, the parade was actively passing that spot. There was an open spot in front of us and we eagerly stepped up to it so our kids could see.

A woman said, "You can't stand here. I've been saving it for my family."

I remember honestly feeling total confusion. The parade was RIGHT THERE. Where was her family? I had no idea.

We said, "Well, if they come we will move." Which I remember honestly meaning, but the woman huffed loudly to show her indignation and stomped away.

Knowing what I know now, I would never do that! But I legitimately had NO CLUE, and besides that I still hold that her family wasn't there and the parade WAS. Still, I wouldn't do that today, after several trips.

So sometimes people legitimately don't know. Of course, sometimes they do and are complete jerks. Over the years, we have definitely had dealings with those people. But most of the time I just brush it off, because as stated I've been dense to people too, without realizing it or meaning to.

Editing to add: if you were that lady, I am so, so sorry! :scared: :confused3

I had a similar experience at Six Flags Over Texas. They have a ride called the Chaparral Antique Car Ride. Each car seats 4 people and the ride is basically Autopia with older cars. Group of 5 in front of us is an adult with 4 kids. They get in their car and are told they cannot have more than 4. So the littlest girl gets off thinking someone will get off with her and they’ll take the next car. Instead the adult and the other kids take off, leaving the bewildered child at the station with a Six Flags ride operator. For whatever reason, single riders are not allowed on this ride whether they are adults or children so she couldn’t just go on the next car. The ride operator asks us if she could ride with us and we say yes. We even let her be the driver. She was a sweet kid and it was her first time driving a car so she was all smiles on the ride. When we get back to the station her family is gone. They didn’t wait for her at the exit. We follow her around for a little bit to see if she can find her family and eventually she sees them waiting in line for another ride. My friend was going to say something to the adult, but I told him to let it go.
Many years ago at a theme park in England, a couple (who were total strangers to us) asked me and my wife (girlfriend at the time) to watch their small child while they went on a ride that the child was too short for. We agreed, as we would have felt mean saying no, while being sort of flattered that we must have seemed like nice people to take on such a responsibility.

I made up my mind a long time ago not to confront anyone in the park and to try to avoid conflict as best I could. To me, it’s just not worth the risk of getting kicked out or banned. I always tell me kids never to confront any one directly. Go find a cast member. Get help. This is not teaching the to be weak, it’s teaching them to be smart,

Some parents aren't well acquainted with the word NO. Others think hearing that awful word will damage their poor snowflake's self-esteem.

We have all noticed this has become much more common in recent years. I just tell those parents to make sure they save up plenty of bail money to get their kids out of jail in a few years. Letting your kid grow up thinking that they can do no wrong will make their lives miserable. You have to wonder if these people truly love their kids.

We have all noticed this has become much more common in recent years. I just tell those parents to make sure they save up plenty of bail money to get their kids out of jail in a few years. Letting your kid grow up thinking that they can do no wrong will make their lives miserable. You have to wonder if these people truly love their kids.
Yep, giving a child his or her way isn't love.

, Years ago, when I went to see Mickey’s Philharmagic, A family of 10 plopped themselves smack dab inthe middle of the row. I watched as 15 people in front of me squeezed by them and when it came time for me to squeeze by them, I accidentally on purpose stepped on the toes of the adults, saying excuse me each time. I didn’t step on the toes hard enough to hurt, just hard enough to be annoying. When I got to the other side, they were no seats left so we had to turn around with all of the people behind us, and walk back the other way. I accidentally on purpose stepped on the toes of the adults again. I commented to my friend, “this is what happens when people don’t move to the end of the row. The father said that if Disney wanted people to move to the end of the row, they should make an announcement. I said to him, “Sir I have been in this theater less time than you and I have heard the announcement at least five times to move to the end of the row.”

I was the guest that needed confronting… in a funny way though.

Epcot Illuminations Dessert party April 2016
Back when it was only $49; the good ol’ days. Anyway, it’s very dark by the time you’re almost finished eating and the show is close to starting. After my son ate he was kinda laying under table to relax (there’s no chairs). I go get one last drink and DH is gone when I come back, but kid still under table. I start cleaning up putting all the untouched little desserts on one plate and throwing the rest away. DH comes over and is laughing hysterically at me. I’m like what? Then notice a couple standing back holding plates start laughing, and the kid under the table wasn’t mine. I cleaned up our neighbor’s table and threw almost everything out 🤣

Another time our family was waiting on the Soarin’ queue back with all the video screens. One made shadows and DH grabbed my son’s hands and they were making shadows for a while, probably 5 minutes while waiting for the line to move. Turned out it wasn’t our kid though 😂 That’s OK, we can share dads & kids lol.

Standing at rope drop, my DH asked the mom to not run into me with their stroller. OMG - I was so embarrassed. Upside - I didn't get hit anymore.

I can tell you that my DH has said this to people on several occasions... and not only with strollers in the theme parks, other weapons like roll on luggage, back packs, and such in airports... You should not be embarrassed at all, your DH defended and was protecting you... I think that was really sweet.

Well, I will say I tend to have grace for people most of the time. When I think of our first ever trip? Oy! I definitely needed it. I remember our first day at WDW, we went to the MK. We arrived right at the afternoon parade, but we didn't do it on purpose. That's just when we happened to get there, and we had no clue.

So as we came out from under the train station, the parade was actively passing that spot. There was an open spot in front of us and we eagerly stepped up to it so our kids could see.

A woman said, "You can't stand here. I've been saving it for my family."

I remember honestly feeling total confusion. The parade was RIGHT THERE. Where was her family? I had no idea.

We said, "Well, if they come we will move." Which I remember honestly meaning, but the woman huffed loudly to show her indignation and stomped away.

Knowing what I know now, I would never do that! But I legitimately had NO CLUE, and besides that I still hold that her family wasn't there and the parade WAS. Still, I wouldn't do that today, after several trips.

So sometimes people legitimately don't know. Of course, sometimes they do and are complete jerks. Over the years, we have definitely had dealings with those people. But most of the time I just brush it off, because as stated I've been dense to people too, without realizing it or meaning to.

Editing to add: if you were that lady, I am so, so sorry! :scared: :confused3

Well I would say that if the parade was actively passing and her family wasn't there, then you weren't in the wrong? Plus you were willing to leave if they did arrive. I don't see a problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter