Have you ever met a celebrity or public figure in person?

Prince_Hawkins

Mouseketeer
If so, who?

What were the circumstances?

How did they treat you? Were they nice, nasty, or somewhere in-between?

Yep. A few times. Adam Sandler, Dustin Hoffman (both together one random Sunday morning in L.A. in 1998); Jimmy Kimmel (had a family member who worked on his show in the early years) and John Stamos (like, 2 months ago at Disneyland).

All were very nice, took a photo with me, and seemed genuine.

I've SEEN many more celebrities, but not actually met them. Lots go to Disneyland and I've see them there, for the most part.

I was at a comedy club when I was in my 20’s. Jay Leno walked into the crowd after his set and he looked me in the eye and said in his very distinctive voice, “You are very attractive.” Then he walked away and left me standing there.

When I was around the same age, Donna Summer walked into the clothing store I worked part time at and bought several pairs of shoes.

I saw Nathan Lane after a Broadway show on the streets of NYC. He couldn’t get away fast enough.

Andy Richter after one of the Conan specials in NYC. He couldn't have been nicer.

Jim Parsons after a play in NYC. Also, couldn't have been nicer. I was so star struck I didn't catch the first 15 minutes or so of the play. :o

Seen several others, but didn't actually "meet" them. Derek Jeter, while we were touring Yankee Stadium. He was super nice - stopped and signed balls for a couple of kids in the group. Conan O'Brien and his wife, walking through Times Square back when they lived in NYC. It seemed like people were following them, but it looked like they (Conan and wife) were having a ball. Taran Killum and his wife (who I understand is famous, but I didn't know who she was) at Disney World last Jan. shopping at the U.K. (He bought a tea pot.) He obviously didn't want anyone to bother him. Can't blame him though. Saw the Late Show with Jimmy Fallon at 30 Rock, and since I was seated on the end of the aisle I got to high-five him.

We've met a lot of celebrities for various reasons, but our favorite was Will Ferrell. Really nice, down to earth dude.

James Lovell when he and his son owned a restaurant in lake forest Illinois.

Lots of celebrities on TCM cruises including Kim Novak, richard Dreyfus, Eva Marie saint, Diane Baker, ruta lee, Ernest Borgnine, Robert Wagner.

Alan Alda, George Hamilton and the Fonz in airports.

Marlo Thomas at a charity event,

I knew Chris Schenkel. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0770919/
He was a good friend of my Wife's family.
I first met him in the early 70's when he was visiting my Wife's family during one of their tribal gatherings.
We met several times over the years at various Public functions and he'd always ask how my Wife and her family were doing.

Yes, plenty of them. I used to work at a fancy restaurant in the heart of center city Philadelphia. Had lots of celebrities there, mostly sports. While it was sort of neat to see them in person, I've never been one to be star struck. They're human beings just like you and me, just with different jobs.

Some were very nice, some were not quite so kind.

Most recently was a professional football player who moved in next door.
We figure he was building his mansion somewhere and rented the house while waiting for the mansion to be finished.
He annoyed the crap out of me, like when he moved in they just left the empty boxes on the sidewalk, my guess was he thought our imaginary community butler was coming to pick them up or something :sad2:
They would put garbage out on the swale any day they felt like, instead of waiting until garbage pick-up day.
I wanted so badly to call the association, but my husband said: "Oh, its ok he's a nice kid (He's a huge football fan) he met him and chatted with him.
When the ducks got into their garbage, my husband went and cleaned it all up and put their garbage in our garage, ANNOYING (they weren't home a lot).
Then I met him and he had the most beautiful smile in the world and I was mesmerized too! LOLOLOLOL
He is the same age as our son, so I could be his mom.
Thankfully, they have moved out now!

Oh, the worst part, was his Rolls Royce in the driveway made all our cars look like crap!!!! :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

My DH spent time with George W Bush. He was running a sales meeting and President Bush was the guest speaker. He got to hang with him for about 20 minutes. He said he was a nice, fun guy.

Some were very nice, some were not quite so kind.

Yep, just like the rest of us.

I've met a number of celebrities, I'm close with someone who was once in a semi-successful band. I've never had any be unkind, but most of those situations were just sightings, or were eating in the same restaurant as they were eating in. I've spent a lot of time entertaining clients in NYC so it's not unusual. I did once have dinner with (well, not WITH with, but at the same place) as Jay-Z and Beyonce a zillion years ago. That was cool!

Last edited:
I met John Dorenbos after one of his shows. He was the long snapper for the Philadelphia Eagles and he was one of the runner ups on America's Got Talent. As I was standing in line to meet him, I wondered if he would meet my DS, who had cancer. The woman standing next to me told me to go pick him up. She was sure he'd meet him after Dorenbos was talking about visiting other kids with cancer. I told her that my DS was 22 and could drive himself. I texted my DS and he came to see us.

I had already gotten to take a photo and I got some pictures. I told him that I'd be getting back into line so that my DS could meet him, and I told him about Ivan's illness. He told me to cut the line and he'd be happy to meet him.

Ivan arrives and we break the line. Dorenbos talks to him and I take some pictures of them. He grabs my phone and films a selfie video with my DS!

It's still on my phone and I show it to other Eagles fans.

He is truly one of the nicest and most motivational people you'd ever meet!

I rode on a plane from Tampa to San Diego with Hulk Hogan and family. I was five and traveling as an unaccompanied minor (yes they use to allow that when kids were that young) to CA to visit my grandmother. I told the flight attendant I was bored and she moved me to first class where I spent the remainder of the flight with the Hogans playing Play-Doh with their daughter. They were very kind!

Growing up around Clearwater/Tampa, it was common to see them out and about in the area. Hulk remembered me even after that when we saw him at the state fair, and then at a restaurant on Clearwater Beach.

I met a lot of 70's & 80's rock bands. My girlfriend worked at a record company and got free tickets/backstage passes all the time.

Other than that, I met Stephen King. He was having dinner at the same restaurant as us in Bangor. We ended up walking out of the restaurant together. Very nice man. When I mentioned I was about halfway through his latest book, which was in the car he offered to sign it for me.

I rode on a plane from Tampa to San Diego with Hulk Hogan and family. I was five and traveling as an unaccompanied minor (yes they use to allow that when kids were that young) to CA to visit my grandmother. I told the flight attendant I was bored and she moved me to first class where I spent the remainder of the flight with the Hogans playing Play-Doh with their daughter. They were very kind!

Growing up around Clearwater/Tampa, it was common to see them out and about in the area. Hulk remembered me even after that when we saw him at the state fair, and then at a restaurant on Clearwater Beach.

Yes, a lot of them live(d) around Tampa. When I was flying home from Tampa one time, I came across (didn't meet) a wrestler named "The Big Show". I have never seen such a massive human being.

Yes, a lot of them live(d) around Tampa. When I was flying home from Tampa one time, I came across (didn't meet) a wrestler named "The Big Show". I have never seen such a massive human being.
Yeah, the wrestler Luna and some other guy (can’t remember his name, but he was a wrestler) lived in my neighborhood growing up. My father did their aquarium maintenance.

Comes with the job.
Olivia Newton John was very nice.
Lou Ferrigno too.

Boy, 40 years of celebs at work
let's see:
Alison Arngrim
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Bob Hope
Ronald Reagan
Sinbad
Dr. Joyce Brothers
Raymond Burr (super super super nice)

And many more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter