Have you finished your Christmas shopping?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
I was out and about early this morning before things got crazy finishing up. I have about three more things to get that I can do through Amazon and then I will be finished. Now I need to think about wrapping.

How about you?

Almost. Still got to finish dh’s. But it’s big and hard to hide so have to wait. Oh, and one for work. I will run out to one store to pick that up next week.

I have never been this close to done this early! I foresee me getting done even earlier next year!

I plan to finish tomorrow w/ a run to Belk for some clothes for the kids, Hobby Lobby for some ribbon & a frame, & Target. for some stocking stuffers.

I really don't have anything much for my parents & DH's mom except a book for each.

Every year, I have such a HARD time coming up w/ something for our parents. They don't really need anything, & they never give me any ideas when I ask. But yet, I want to get them something. And I want it to be meaningful - like I gave it some thought.

And, every year, I do manage to come up w/ something.

I had what I *THOUGHT* was a great idea for our parents this year, but DH didn't like it at all. And this was my 2nd idea - he didn't like my first idea either.

Soooo.... I told DH that I was done & that he could be responsible for getting them something.

They may just be getting a book, & I'll just smile & say, "DH was supposed to get the rest of your gift..."

I was out and about early this morning before things got crazy finishing up. I have about three more things to get that I can do through Amazon and then I will be finished. Now I need to think about wrapping.

How about you?

Nope.
Grandbabies stuff is done and at their homes already. Made sure of that.

Still need to buy for DD/SoIL #1, DD/SoIL #2, and DS. DS wants an Oculus Rift S, so when DH gets his bonus in next week, we'll pick it up for him. The others are all getting gift cards this year; DD#2 requested place gift cards (like for restaurants, movies, etc) instead of regular gifts, since they are going to Japan in June for a 3 year tour, and she wants to spend a little time going to some of their favorite places. DD#1 said she doesn't care what they get, so doing gc will be easier on me this year, time wise.

DS and I are forgoing presents, as we are moving in 2 weeks (eeeeeeekkkkkk) and that is costing $$$$. Decided to downsize from a house to a condo, so all the yard stuff has to go. I'm also downsizing all my knick knacks and bells and stuff I've had sitting in boxes for 30 years, only keeping a few super special things; DS's old books and toys, old camping gear, some household stuff too. Going to have a yard sale next weekend.

ETA: I did get my Reddit Secret Santa gifts, my Reddit Ornament Santa gifts, and my Reddit Card Santa gifts ordered, and all were sent from the retailers. Etsy sellers made some money off me this year, lol.
I still need to get him a 50 year birthday gift. I was thinking a set of lockpicks, if I can find a good set.

Done shopping, but due to babysitting for the last 10 days, no wrapping is done yet. I will start that tomorrow

Not quite finished shopping, but I have started wrapping - so do they balance each other out?

I did at least get the long-distance ones mailed yesterday.

I'm behind on cards, though.

Yes our last delivery came this morning so I can say I’m done. Just wrap it and good to go.

Now on to my baking.

That would have to.imply that I have started,lol.

Dd has started for dgd.
We had a small tree up but both the kitten and big clutzy pup had to get us to put it down until Xmas morning lol.

I have next couple days so I plan to do a swoop and get it all done.

I wish I was finished. I really hate shopping. So far, I have most of DH, DS & MIL's gifts, if they all arrive. We need to decide what we're going to do about DS's Santa gift & I'll probably find a few more things to get DH, DS & maybe MIL. For my siblings & their families, I've bought for 20. I have 19 more to buy for & no idea what to get them. :sad2: I haven't wrapped anything.

The man and I decided to buy DGD a bathrobe so she'll stop grabbing mine to use, LOL.
Still looking for the right one.

Bought older sister and BIL a new Christmas tree angel topper last weekend on a whim. I know BIL despises the one she purchased 40 odd years back. The new one has no facial features which will make him happy and it's made of cadiz shells which will please her. Win, win and one less family story to continue, LOL.

Next younger sister just got out of the hospital after a month long stay so I'm in the midst of hiring a personal cook for her. I want the cook to teach her how to cook healthfully and bring those type of meals to her already made for a month. Here's hoping she learns that her body really is talking to her.

Nothing for youngest sister; what she needs I cannot provide.

I think aside from one gift, I'm done with our DD and my niece. Still working on everyone else. I feel very unorganized with the gifts this year. Usually I have a list and an idea of what I'm getting everyone but this year I feel like I'm just winging it. I'll probably start wrapping and realize I over did it with everyone. :laughing:

:lmao:With the exception of two things that I have (uncharacteristically) already purchased, I haven't even started. I'm not an early Christmas-season person. The tree and decor will go up next weekend and I've taken Christmas week off so I imagine I'll shop on the Monday (Dec. 23). My list isn't very long and we don't have to ship anything so it'll be fine.

I usually try to have everything done by December 1st, but this year has been too hectic to keep that deadline. Except for a few straggler gifts that haven’t shipped yet, all the shopping and wrapping are done, as is the decorating. The cooking is where I’m way behind this year. I just started today and still have quite a bit more to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter