Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom2rtk

Invented the term "Characterpalooza"
I know it will be a while for most of us, but I know there are some front line workers posting here, so you never know.

So let us know when you get the vaccine. I'm patiently waiting for my turn to post my experience here. I'm ready to turn the page.

In 2020, Santa drives a UPS or FedEx truck full of vaccine.

ETA: Per the suggestion from @snappy please let us know which vaccine you got and where you got it. Also add how the process went (how long you waited, etc.).

Last edited:

Maybe some UK DIS members already have it?

Our ambulance Trust have stated that the chances of us being vaccinated before Christmas is very low as the logisitcs of the Pfizer-BioNtech makes it difficult. They would prefer to wait for the Oxford-AstraZenica one. However another trust has started vaccinating staff as they have linked up with hospitals to store it and now our one is reconsidering.

Would be nice to get it soon as going to about 3-4 positive patients a day on shift

Our ambulance Trust have stated that the chances of us being vaccinated before Christmas is very low as the logisitcs of the Pfizer-BioNtech makes it difficult. They would prefer to wait for the Oxford-AstraZenica one. However another trust has started vaccinating staff as they have linked up with hospitals to store it and now our one is reconsidering.

Would be nice to get it soon as going to about 3-4 positive patients a day on shift
I liked that post because I hope you are able to get it soon, obviously not because of all those positive patients you are being exposed to. You definitely deserve to be near the front of the line!

I liked that post because I hope you are able to get it soon, obviously not because of all those positive patients you are being exposed to. You definitely deserve to be near the front of the line!

Thanks, it was all hyped up by our trust to get flu jab soon as need a gap between the that and the covid vaccine. Only for them to change their mind. Its not rocket science about thinking of linking to local hospitals and getting that way but what do the road staff know ;)

Thanks, it was all hyped up by our trust to get flu jab soon as need a gap between the that and the covid vaccine. Only for them to change their mind. Its not rocket science about thinking of linking to local hospitals and getting that way but what do the road staff know ;)
Does seem rather obvious. Hopefully they get it for you very soon!

My hospital will receive enough vaccines for all employees. The shipment arrives today and vaccines start tomorrow. It’s on a voluntary basis. I haven’t signed up yet. I don’t think I want to be one of the first ones to get it.

My hospital will receive enough vaccines for all employees. The shipment arrives today and vaccines start tomorrow. It’s on a voluntary basis. I haven’t signed up yet. I don’t think I want to be one of the first ones to get it.

My friend is the same position. Also, she lives alone, works from home, and goes out basically for groceries. Her risk is low, her employer will let her opt out for now and receive it later. She is 68 and smokes so she’s very careful.

My friend is the same position. Also, she lives alone, works from home, and goes out basically for groceries. Her risk is low, her employer will let her opt out for now and receive it later. She is 68 and smokes so she’s very careful.

For now it isn’t mandatory. They’ve stated it won’t be mandatory but I think that’ll eventually change. So I’m riding it out for a bit.

Can I ask why?

Our hospital is also supposed to be receiving the vaccine this week. I can't say for certain when I get my dose. Priority has been split into three tiers, though the descriptions are a little vague, so I'm either in the first or second tier. I'm not a frontliner but I do come in contact with COVID patient areas.

EDIT: Just found out our rollout is delayed, and it's not the Pfizer but the Moderna vaccine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter