Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have missed this in earlier conversations, but is there a reason they mixed & matched? Did you have a reaction to Pfizer?
Many of our pfizer vaccines are now going to the 12-15 year old age group since they were only recently approved for pfizer. Anyone who had an mRNA vaccine the first time is recommended for any mRNA for their second dose.

Got Pfizered today at a street art gallery in Amsterdam. There are worse places to get shot ;-) So far, so good. I have a headache, but it was a stressful day without much caffeine, so not necessarily the vaccine.
If you love street art and are in Amsterdam look up NDSM Werf or Straatmuseum.com

Last edited:
Both my DH and I are already fully vaccinated, but my twin sons got their first Pfizer vaccine today. They are scheduled for their second vaccine on 7/22. We leave for Disney on 8/1. I'm glad they are able to get their vaccines before we leave for our trip, I just wish they'd be fully vaccinated by the time we leave.

I have not yet....I keep putting it off because I am scared. I am supposed to go Monday, so I am fully vaccinated before school starts. I feel so foolish saying that because what is the alternative? Covid is scary too!

I have worked at home the past year but now I have to go back into the school and teach and I do not want to put any of my students or their families at risk.

I just hear all these nightmare stories about heart attacks, stroke, blood clots, and death from the vaccine and I am terrified.

I also read a lot of success stories too...

CalSea, I know this is anecdotal but my then 95 year old mother-in-law, G, was hospitalized with Covid in March 2020. After we heard about Hydroxychloroquine/ZPack/Zinc regimen, we told her Doc to use that protocol. W/in 3 or 4 hours, they were able to remove her supplemental Oxygen and she went home a couple of days later. She's diabetic and so had a pre existing condition and she was still okay. Today, G is a healthy 96 year old woman.

Our doc won't get the vaxx and he will not offer it in his office because he feels it's too untested. He told me that there is no way to know what effects might be experienced in the future. The clinical trials won't end until April of 2023.

Not telling anyone not to get vaxxed if they want to because it is a personal decision and I respect that.

I have not yet....I keep putting it off because I am scared. I am supposed to go Monday, so I am fully vaccinated before school starts. I feel so foolish saying that because what is the alternative? Covid is scary too!

I have worked at home the past year but now I have to go back into the school and teach and I do not want to put any of my students or their families at risk.

I just hear all these nightmare stories about heart attacks, stroke, blood clots, and death from the vaccine and I am terrified.

I chose to get mine for one of the reasons you mentioned. I had a stroke about 8 yrs ago (thankfully no residual effects). I also have co-morbidities that combined with Covid might not result in a good outcome for me. I was very happy to get the vaccine. I didn't feel good the day after my second shot, but the day after that I felt back to normal. A lot of the nightmare vaccine stories I have heard are not very reliable. It's usually someone repeating something they heard, who probably heard it from someone who heard it from somebody else and so on. Or someone who read something on VAERS, which is not reliable. I could get on there and post that the vaccine caused me to grow a unicorn horn or any thing else I wanted to post. I wish you luck with whatever you decide!

My daughter got her second shot of Pfizer. She got a fever the next day but didn’t even last the whole day.

Happy to have my family done now. Hopefully we can start getting back to some normalcy soon here. Here in Ontario our numbers have gone down so much because people got vaccinated. It’s mostly people that didn’t get it that are getting sick in the hospital.

Plus we don’t want this new variant to change into something worse the longer it goes on.

Being scared is normal, don't feel foolish.

Unfortunately, it's the horror stories that get reported and amplified in social media. Some of these side effects are real, but they are VERY rare, considering how many millions of people have already been vaccinated. You're at higher risk of dying in a car accident or having a blood clot caused by birth control hormones.

There are risks, of course, but in this case, the benefits far outweigh the risks. Depending on your age and risk factors, you might be more likely to get very sick if you catch COVID, or to end up with long COVID even if you have mild disease. Or you might have no symptoms and pass it on to someone more vulnerable who might die of it. These are all very real possibilities.

Keep in mind that anecdotes are not evidence. My mother is in very frail health and survived COVID without lasting damage, but my best friend's mother who was in excellent health, got very sick and died. Neither case is predictive of what might happen to you if you catch it. The same goes for side effects.

Vaccines work. We have decades of research to back that up. This particular vaccine might be new, but the science behind it is not. It's a tough decision, for sure. But if you decide to get it, you'll be protecting yourself, your students, and your community.

In Ontario, Canada. Received AstraZeneca in April and Pfizer last week. Had fever, chills, aches and felt tired for about a day after for both.

DH received a Pfizer and Moderna combo.

Feels like we now have a super power! We are so lucky!
I'm in Alberta and I ended up with Moderna last Wednesday on top of my first AZ dose. We're short on Pfizer and the current supply is being used only for children. Zero side effects from the original AZ jab back in April but text-book fever, chills, headache and muscle/joint pain for 12 hours with the Moderna. Completely A-OK now though - issue me my vaccine passport and get me outta here! :cheer2:

DH and I did have side effects for about 12 hours, that were very similar to having covid, which we had. Twelve hours was much better than 2 weeks.

DH and I did have side effects for about 12 hours, that were very similar to having covid, which we had. Twelve hours was much better than 2 weeks.
I am totally okay with flu like side effects. What I worry about is the severe things like I mentioned. I know it says like .00017 percent or something like that, but it still makes it a possibility. I know COvid has an even higher percent. It really does help to read others experiences though.

CalSea, I understand completely. Have you thought about getting a covid antibody test to see if you have the antibodies? I have been doing reading about the antibodies annd they are just as good if not better than the vaccine. Some of my coworkers got the antibody test, never had Covid symptoms, but got the test because it was given out and they have the antibodies and are not getting the vaccine until their antibodies are gone (they will get tested periodically)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter