Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say, though Covid threads have been shut down here, this site was invaluable as a resource. I found far more useful information here than searching the web; personally, that always turns into a time suck more than anything. So kudos to all those contributing their experiences, much appreciated.
I agree, this thread has been especially amazing. I've loved being able to read the sheer range of experiences people have had with side effects, so I knew what to expect (or, more precisely, that you can't really expect anything in particular). And even more so, I've been able to confidently reassure friends who weren't nearly as informed. Keeping up with this thread has been the next-best thing to having access to the entire log of V-safe results (and has probably been way more interesting).

Update to my family experience-my girls and hubs all had Pfizer with zero reactions. None. not even super sore arms. I had only slight side effects but was tired after 2nd so tried hard to not hate them LOL. Holding off until fall for the 15 year old w/reports of myocarditis, plus he's really skinny for his age-suspect dosage may be adjusted with more info.

I will say, though Covid threads have been shut down here, this site was invaluable as a resource. I found far more useful information here than searching the web; personally, that always turns into a time suck more than anything. So kudos to all those contributing their experiences, much appreciated.
Especially in the beginning it was really nice to hear about potential reactions. Even if more than expected I appreciate the info!

I totally agree. As I've posted before, its threads like this with real people experiences that helped change my mind about getting vaccinated. :hippie:

Yes I’m happy for this thread too. I go for my second shot tomorrow. Here in Canada I got the AstraZeneca shot and am getting the Modena shot as my second . They said we could get either shot but Pfizer supply is short so they told us it will be Moderna . Can’t win in the vaccine lottery but happy to be getting my second.

They said mixing there will be sitting in definitely side effects and pretty well mentioned the ones I heard here so I’m prepared. See what tomorrow brings.

Last edited:

Well happy to be fully vaccinated today. My husband too.

So far so good , not even a sore arm . This nurse was really good . Going on 6 hours later. Waiting for the shoe to drop....be happy if it doesn’t.

Did everyone see that the WHO is now recommending we NOT vaccinate the kids and the CDC said there does appear to be a link in vax teens and a heart condition. Thank goodness kids seem to fare well from covid.

Did everyone see that the WHO is now recommending we NOT vaccinate the kids and the CDC said there does appear to be a link in vax teens and a heart condition. Thank goodness kids seem to fare well from covid.

That post is no longer allowed on the Disboards (see Covid guidelines posts), so please delete so this thread can stay open for those who are still getting the vaccine worldwide.

Interesting fact: it is UK Government policy to administer everyone who will take them THREE anti-virus doses... two of one strain and a Pfizer booster, all by the end of the year. Sounds wise to me :)

Interesting fact: it is UK Government policy to administer everyone who will take them THREE anti-virus doses... two of one strain and a Pfizer booster, all by the end of the year. Sounds wise to me :)

so, two that are non-mRNA and then the Pfizer? That’s interesting. I fully expect a booster in the fall -of Pfizer but because that’s what I already had.

so, two that are non-mRNA and then the Pfizer? That’s interesting. I fully expect a booster in the fall -of Pfizer but because that’s what I already had.

From what my doctors said, I will have two doses of one brand - Moderna in my case or Oxford for my parents and Pfizer for my brothers - and a third, booster Pfizer jab by the end of the year.

Reactions: GAN

For a couple of months toward the end of winter, early spring, our local news was saying the vaccines were good for apx 6 months. But haven't heard anything about the lasting immunity for awhile. My sister and I were just talking about that this afternoon.

Reactions: GAN
Well the shoe dropped. Slight headache this morning and low grade fever this afternoon with fatigue. I think the fever broke tonight so I’m hoping this is all there will be. Nothing I can’t handle.

Hope tomorrow will be symptom free. Kept drinking a lot of water. But slept all day probably won’t sleep tonight. Arm was sore too because I slept on it..

My 2 middle kids (1 boy, 1 girl) got vaccine #2 done an hour ago. They swore it hurt less than last time. I'll post over the next few days as far as any symptoms they develop. With the new very rare heart inflammation link, I did make sure to have anti-inflammatory foods for the 24 hours prior (and will do so the 24 hours after), and we did a prophylactic ibu right after the dose for the same reason (since they did the 1st shot with no meds, I'm okay if they get a little less protection on dose #2 and no inflammatory issues). We're also planning an hour of floating at the pool this afternoon, with no real other activity til Monday...

Keeping up with this thread has been the next-best thing to having access to the entire log of V-safe results (and has probably been way more interesting).
Out of all the v-safe check ups I only missed one (time expired before I remembered to fill it out) but I sure hope it helped them gain more knowledge on the side effects from what I hope is quite a diverse group of people using it (although shoot this thread had a lot of different people I would imagine too!)

Holding off until fall for the 15 year old w/reports of myocarditis, plus he's really skinny for his age-suspect dosage may be adjusted with more info.
I am not trying to change your mind. I just wanted to tell you I have the skinniest 17 boy there is and he had no side effects after either dose. I will admit I am a little worried about myocarditis as well.

Got my second dose on Friday. First dose Pfizer, second Moderna. Moderna side effects didn’t last as long as Pfizer but came on way quicker and were stronger. On Thursday, I get to see my daughter for the first time since right before Christmas, and I can’t wait!

Got my second dose on Friday. First dose Pfizer, second Moderna. Moderna side effects didn’t last as long as Pfizer but came on way quicker and were stronger. On Thursday, I get to see my daughter for the first time since right before Christmas, and I can’t wait!
I may have missed this in earlier conversations, but is there a reason they mixed & matched? Did you have a reaction to Pfizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter