Have you stayed at Aulani, alone?

Butter cake

Earning My Ears
I had stayed at AULANI with my sister in 2019 for the first time through travel agency.
First, I thought this resort is suitable for family, but also nice to stay there alone,MAYBE☺
because we will be able to spend own time without being tied up by someone.
So,,,Have you ever stayed Aulani alone, going shopping at a supermarket and cooking?
or are you making a plan like this?
I want to know your opinion.

I say do it! Life is too short to not go out and explore. As a DVC member I’ve stayed at nearly all the DVC resorts alone including Aulani. I had visited the Hawaiian Islands numerous times so when I stayed at Aulani I knew what I wanted to do. My first stop was the Costco just down the highway from Aulani to stock up on groceries and alcohol for my weeklong stay. I spent a lot of time at the resort but I had a rental car so I also went hiking at Diamond Head, visited the north shore, exploring around Waikiki, snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, and dining out at various restaurants.

I have! I stayed there for a few days in March 2020 and did some cooking (was in a DVC space). Because it was just me, I didn't (and don't) cook a ton but the nature of when I went led me to cooking more than usual on vacation.

I have not but it is on my bucket list. I have gone twice with my daughter but am hoping to go in the next decade alone. I have no problems traveling solo, renting a car, going out and about, etc. I wouldn't do much cooking in a studio room but might grill something if those ever open back up again. I like to travel for the food and eat things that I really can't get where I live.

I say do it! Life is too short to not go out and explore. As a DVC member I’ve stayed at nearly all the DVC resorts alone including Aulani. I had visited the Hawaiian Islands numerous times so when I stayed at Aulani I knew what I wanted to do. My first stop was the Costco just down the highway from Aulani to stock up on groceries and alcohol for my weeklong stay. I spent a lot of time at the resort but I had a rental car so I also went hiking at Diamond Head, visited the north shore, exploring around Waikiki, snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, and dining out at various restaurants.

hi, ludari san ! Wowwwww, you sounds sooooo great what you had had! what you told is i reallywant to do .

I have. Rented points and stayed for a few nights about 5 years ago. If you’re confident travelling by yourself then it’s great. Like anywhere else I think the question is more whether Aulani is the right type of place for you and what you want out of the trip than whether you’ll enjoy it solo.

I stayed alone as well, 4 nights, which was perfect. Went once across the road once to get a Pizza and few bits and pieces from the ABC store. Otherwise I didn't leave the resort. Beforehand I stopped at Walmart on the way from the airport. Had a rental car one way. After day 4 I rented a convertible onsite and traveled around the island, stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village 2 more nights. Totally recommend it. But then again, I mostly travel solo and have a great time.

I have been to Aulani only once a time in 2019 through travel agency. My frustration was started from the airport because I had to wait stranger nearly an hour to go to hotel by shared bus . This was time loss for me. And also I stayed hotel room ,so I couldn't make own meal ,and then I had to pay high pricey meal instead.

Now as DVC member , i was changed my mind for next Aulani trip . And yes, I really regretted that I didn't have a car.... if I have a car, I could use my time like go to local restaurant or nice beach or Kualoa ranch or healing spot .

Next time I really want to use the time usefully , i will start to make a plan for solo travel to Aulani!!!

I have! I stayed there for a few days in March 2020 and did some cooking (was in a DVC space). Because it was just me, I didn't (and don't) cook a ton but the nature of when I went led me to cooking more than usual on vacation.

hi, bsmcneil .
What a beautiful time to spend you have had ! unfortunately , my first trip to aulani was that through travel agency, so that i didn't have any kitchen tools....
i know , enjoyable of travel is not only enjoy to have local food though but also to make something to use by some ingredients of local one. And also it will be fun to heading to some supermarket .
Above all, I'm glad to hear that some people have stayed alone in Aulani!

I have not but it is on my bucket list. I have gone twice with my daughter but am hoping to go in the next decade alone. I have no problems traveling solo, renting a car, going out and about, etc. I wouldn't do much cooking in a studio room but might grill something if those ever open back up again. I like to travel for the food and eat things that I really can't get where I live.

Hi,Lislsia .
Thanks for your reply. I'm totally agree with you. honestly to say, envy you who doesn't have any negative thinking to solo trip which I have never done , because i impressed Aulani Disney was suitable for family -The season I traveled, there may have been more family groups than usual.
I'm also thinking it may be nice to avoid crowd season when i do solo trip for the first time.
I hope that I can do this in this year!

I have. Rented points and stayed for a few nights about 5 years ago. If you’re confident travelling by yourself then it’s great. Like anywhere else I think the question is more whether Aulani is the right type of place for you and what you want out of the trip than whether you’ll enjoy it solo.

Hi, ozliz . Thanks for your reply.
Honestly to say i am not confident travelling alone.
but when i stayed Aulani , i just wanted to relax with my book but i couldn't do and use the time for only myself because i was not alone. Since then, I have felt that this place should be a good place to use my time.

I stayed alone as well, 4 nights, which was perfect. Went once across the road once to get a Pizza and few bits and pieces from the ABC store. Otherwise I didn't leave the resort. Beforehand I stopped at Walmart on the way from the airport. Had a rental car one way. After day 4 I rented a convertible onsite and traveled around the island, stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village 2 more nights. Totally recommend it. But then again, I mostly travel solo and have a great time.

i experienced all restaurant of hotel to have dinner , so it around final day to stay, i had to go to the ABC store to get meal for dinner - although i didn't hope that.
as you and everyone who reply for my post says, to travel alone meaningfully, I first need a rental car!
I have some resistance because the traffic rules are different between my country Japan and overseas, but I think I have to clear this😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter