HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! The 2013 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I was starting to think it had some significance I was missing.:laughing: The charm description makes sense, kind of like the ones they have for Crocs?

I keep trying to like the new rooms, I just don't.~sigh~

Yes, like the Crocs, but is placed differently (it slides on..).

The renos are actually growing on me. In the new pics posted yesterday, there seems to be different artwork on the walls. I'd be interested to see more of that. This said, I prefer the old look of the rooms and wish there was a little more Mickey detail. I'm just not as frustrated as I was when we saw the first pics. I really miss the strong pastel color scheme.
*sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Cute about your boys giving up and rolling with the early airport arrival. I'm with you - I see those people dashing through security, hoping they make it to their gate and I'm just happy it isn't me.

Big Pine Key is closest to the splash area and back entry to the Main Bldg.

I'm glad someone does.:sad: Not liking any of it, sorry to say. What's up with that black side table with the powder blue walls of the lobby?! Sticks out like a sore thumb, to me, the proportions are all wrong. And the hall carpet is not my cup of tea at all - although I do like the hall wallpaper.

I feel sorry for those people racing through the airport as you really don't know why they are delayed, but I'm with you.....I'm just happy it isn't me :laughing:.

I agree about BPK.....very convenient to the splash area and the main building ;).

I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't care for the black side table with the powder blue walls......just doesn't go, IMO :(.

And FWIW, I still don't like the new decor either.

Add me to that club :sad2:.

Quick question, is the GF CL included in the pin codes like 30% off or FD? Thanks!:)

Yes. I will say, though, that it does depend on whether or not those room types need to be filled (like any other room type), but both SL and RPC have been included in pins and FD :).

one question. You speak about pin codes sent by Disney (30% off, free dining..) but are only for US citizens? I've never received any and maybe it´s for this reason.

I can't answer that, but hopefully someone else will be able to give some input :flower3:.

The renos are actually growing on me. In the new pics posted yesterday, there seems to be different artwork on the walls. I'd be interested to see more of that. This said, I prefer the old look of the rooms and wish there was a little more Mickey detail. I'm just not as frustrated as I was when we saw the first pics. I really miss the strong pastel color scheme.
*sigh*

Glad you are liking the rooms more. I, however, am having a hard time as the rooms are just generic with not enough Disney touches :(.

Good morning Ladies.:goodvibes I like the refurb of the rooms, but I still liked the old rooms before the last refurb..If that makes sense. Quick question, is the GF CL included in the pin codes like 30% off or FD? Thanks!:)

Good morning. My TA told me that our reservation for July in SL is not included in any discount. I was hopping there would be some kind of discount, but not this time for us. No FD dining either.

As for the rooms, the magic is gone for me. Not very Disney at all. Maybe when I see it in person I will change my mind.

Maybe this will help. When we think of gf the image of white buildings with beautiful red roofs come to mind.

When we think of the inside light blue would be the color many of us first think of.

Now the rooms in general are neutral in color with emphasis of the light blue(ex carpeting) with dashes of the red roof color pulled from the outside roof to the interior.

The pictures do tie in the Disney-ness .

I feel so bad so many of you unhappy but I imagine it looks beautiful in person.

I would take it over ANY off property hotel any time:goodvibes

:) Welcome to all of our new posters ..and congrats to those of you planning trips to the GF! :goodvibes

MickeyNut and k&a&c'smom Add me to the HAVE to be at the airport extra early club...2 hours..thats my rule of thumb too... my family and traveling buddies are used to it...:worried: I am a natural born worrier..lol... and cant even imagine getting to the airport at the last minute...

Thanks! I was starting to think it had some significance I was missing.:laughing: The charm description makes sense, kind of like the ones they have for Crocs?

I keep trying to like the new rooms, I just don't.~sigh~

The slider is just a cute addition to the MB..kind of MB bling...lol... Hopefullly when you see the new rooms in person you will like them better...:wizard: You never know!???

Good morning Ladies.:goodvibes I like the refurb of the rooms, but I still liked the old rooms before the last refurb..If that makes sense. Quick question, is the GF CL included in the pin codes like 30% off or FD? Thanks!:)

Hi again PrincessP :goodvibes I have gotten pin codes here and there and CL rooms have always been included...not always available in the inventory..lol..but included! Not sure about FD..because we would rather have a room dicount and have never inquired about that...

::yes:: Exactly!

Good morning. My TA told me that our reservation for July in SL is not included in any discount. I was hopping there would be some kind of discount, but not this time for us. No FD dining either.

As for the rooms, the magic is gone for me. Not very Disney at all. Maybe when I see it in person I will change my mind.

Hopefully an offer will open up for your dates! :wizard: Just said the same thing to k&a&c about maybe liking the refurbed rooms better in person...I do like the decor..Its just not what I expected...not as much Disney charm as I had hoped...

*sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I agree...:thumbsup2

BlueSkies,

Our passholder magic bands came yesterday. The slider is cute. I won't tell you what it is so you can be surprised.

I have a bad cold and a little fever today and feel awful. It's 57 degrees outside but I can't go out and enjoy it.

I hope all my Grand friends have a magical day!!!

Candy

Candy Sorry that you are under the weather! Hope that it passes quickly...and you get to enjoy your nice weather too! Cant wait for my AP MB to arrive!:woohoo:

Hello, Hello everyone!!!

Rain, rain and more rain!!! I guess its better then snow!!

Whats all this talk about a slider and do I need one??? lol lol!!!

I love the pictures of refurb!!! I hope my room is refurbed in July!!

Blue - Thanks for the book suggestion, I am going to download it. I read a lot of the other ones everyone suggested.

Just wanted to check in.....So many trips planned, who's the next person that gets to go to the Grand?

Hey there! :goodvibes Hope that you enjoy the book! As for the slider..you might "need" one..dont we all always need new Disney stuff!! lol..;) This happens to come with the AP holders MB..so it has a little slider on it the designates the wearer as an AP holder...just something different...

The rain has finally gone here..now if the sun would just come out! :confused: All of the outer buildings should be done by your trip time...So you should be in a brand spanking new room! :thumbsup2

tink rules Thanks for posting the refurbed room pictures...:goodvibes

Hope that everyone is having a super Sunday! :flower3:

BTW... 3 edits...not over on my smilies again!! I am on a roll!!! LOL...

We are staying at the GF next week and am contemplating making a room request. We want a refurbished room. I know that the Conch Key refurb is finished, but does anyone know if the Boca Chica refurb is also completed? Between Conch Key and Boca Chica which has better garden view?

Does anyone know when the GF room refurbs will be completed? We are arriving on 5/30 and I hope they are done by then!

Thanks.:goodvibes I finally get it! After I read your post, I slapped my forehead. Then, I googled it, like I should have done in the first place. lol

....I really miss the strong pastel color scheme.
*sigh*

Me, too.:sad:

I feel sorry for those people racing through the airport as you really don't know why they are delayed, but I'm with you.....I'm just happy it isn't me :laughing:.

I agree about BPK.....very convenient to the splash area and the main building ;).

I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't care for the black side table with the powder blue walls......just doesn't go, IMO :(.

LOL about not being one of those rushing through the airport. Much as I feel for them, it makes me glad I arrived early.;)

That table is just odd.:sad2:

Awww, I'm sorry - on both counts.:hug: Are you sure there aren't any CL rooms at the discount? They were included in the spring offer. Well, that just stinks.:headache:

:) Welcome to all of our new posters ..and congrats to those of you planning trips to the GF! :goodvibes

MickeyNut and k&a&c'smom Add me to the HAVE to be at the airport extra early club...2 hours..thats my rule of thumb too... my family and traveling buddies are used to it...:worried: I am a natural born worrier..lol... and cant even imagine getting to the airport at the last minute...

The slider is just a cute addition to the MB..kind of MB bling...lol... Hopefullly when you see the new rooms in person you will like them better...:wizard: You never know!???

Hope that everyone is having a super Sunday! :flower3:

BTW... 3 edits...not over on my smilies again!! I am on a roll!!! LOL...

You ARE on a roll!;)

Thanks - I don't think seeing them in person will help, but thanks for the thought.:hug:

Thanks, too, for the info on the MB "bling"!:cutie:

We are staying at the GF next week and am contemplating making a room request. We want a refurbished room. I know that the Conch Key refurb is finished, but does anyone know if the Boca Chica refurb is also completed? Between Conch Key and Boca Chica which has better garden view?

Does anyone know when the GF room refurbs will be completed? We are arriving on 5/30 and I hope they are done by then!

There is a refurb schedule at the top of the first post, first page, typed in red.:flower3:

Thinking of renting a cabana for 1/2 day on our departure day. ME will p/u around 3:30 PM.
Can't tell how many showers/hair dryers are in the Pool House from pics (in links) on first page of this enormously helpful thread.
Would this be a viable option on departure day, or would there potentially be lots of other people with the same idea and not enough showers?
Thank you!

Thinking of renting a cabana for 1/2 day on our departure day. ME will p/u around 3:30 PM.
Can't tell how many showers/hair dryers are in the Pool House from pics (in links) on first page of this enormously helpful thread.
Would this be a viable option on departure day, or would there potentially be lots of other people with the same idea and not enough showers?
Thank you!

I doubt this will be a problem, I rarely see the shower area full. Enjoy!:goodvibes

Thank you!

I agree..great thread..lots of good info on those first few pages! :thumbsup2 As for the caban..what a nice way to spend your last Disney day! :goodvibes

I doubt this will be a problem, I rarely see the shower area full. Enjoy!:goodvibes

That's been our experience too..not to mention plenty of space and amenities for getting travel ready...

BTW..this post...only ONE edit!! :woohoo: lol... Def not over on the smilies!!!!

We are booked for one in July and it is around $150. We won't get charged until the day of. Did it at Poly last summer and it was priceless! Can't wait to do it again this summer!

Sounds fun! How many people does it work for? There are 4 of us...me, DH, and DD's 8 and 5. My parents will be with us too. Thought it would be nice for them as well. You're there the same time as us...what's your day? I think I'm going to check availability for July 20th.

We are booked for one in July and it is around $150. We won't get charged until the day of. Did it at Poly last summer and it was priceless! Can't wait to do it again this summer!

We rented a cabana for a half day a few years ago, and it was wonderful! :cloud9: Didn't cost that much but of course, all the prices at Disney continue to rise...

Hi everybody!
We are going back to the GF and staying in Main Building -Club Level with a MK View from 8/2 - 8/9.
We have stayed in CL at all the monorail resorts and like GF the best.
Now I see these pictures of the Dormer Rooms.
Can someone enlighten me on what they are and how much more costly or easy to book they are?
Thanks in advance!
Already booked all our meals 180 days out to get Be Our a Guest twice!

Sounds fun! How many people does it work for? There are 4 of us...me, DH, and DD's 8 and 5. My parents will be with us too. Thought it would be nice for them as well. You're there the same time as us...what's your day? I think I'm going to check availability for July 20th.

Ha! That's the morning we are booked for! Hope you can get it and then we can be next to each other! :-) I think that 4 people can easily fit inside of it although I'm comparing it to the Poly ones and I'm not sure if they are the same size. Maybe someone else could chime in about its actual size. There will be 3 of us - myself, DH and DD3 - can't wait! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter