HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! The 2013 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
MickeyNut and k&a&c'smom Add me to the HAVE to be at the airport extra early club...2 hours..thats my rule of thumb too... my family and traveling buddies are used to it...:worried: I am a natural born worrier..lol... and cant even imagine getting to the airport at the last minute...

My family is used to it too.....they don't like it, but they're used to it :laughing:. But we have never been late for a flight yet and I want to keep it that way :rotfl2:.

That table is just odd.:sad2:

I agree :(.

Hi everybody!
We are going back to the GF and staying in Main Building -Club Level with a MK View from 8/2 - 8/9.
We have stayed in CL at all the monorail resorts and like GF the best.
Now I see these pictures of the Dormer Rooms.
Can someone enlighten me on what they are and how much more costly or easy to book they are?
Thanks in advance!
Already booked all our meals 180 days out to get Be Our a Guest twice!

A dormer room would only be a request as they are not a bookable category. With that said, we've never had an RPC TPV room, so I can't say whether any of those would be a dormer or not, but I'm sure someone else will be able to give you some insight on that :flower3:.

12 days to go!:cool1:

Just did online check-in and although my 7 day stay has 3 conference days, I requested BPK and BC with hopes of getting a refurb room and close to the pools.

I am also hoping to check in early around 12-1pm.:thumbsup2

Just did online check-in and although my 7 day stay has 3 conference days, I requested BPK and BC with hopes of getting a refurb room and close to the pools.

So happy for you and your family! Less than two weeks:cheer2: I imagine those days in the conference will be like the little kid who is forbidden to go outside that can see all the other kids in the neighborhood playing and laughing:sad1:

Have a wonderful trip:beach:

Ha! That's the morning we are booked for! Hope you can get it and then we can be next to each other! :-) I think that 4 people can easily fit inside of it although I'm comparing it to the Poly ones and I'm not sure if they are the same size. Maybe someone else could chime in about its actual size. There will be 3 of us - myself, DH and DD3 - can't wait! :-)

Okay, so we have the morning booked too! I was hoping for a 12-4 time, but since the options were 10-2 and 3-7 I went with the morning. So excited!!!!! :-).

Good Morning! :surfweb:

What is the smilie limit?? :lmao:

There is a limit of 25 per post!!! ...and I am often over it!! :duck: :confused: :lmao:

What's the cost of a half day cabana rental?

$110 plus tax for a half day... $185 plus tax for a full...

How nice that you and Ferrentinos will be spending a cabana morning on the same day! :thumbsup2

Hi everybody!
We are going back to the GF and staying in Main Building -Club Level with a MK View from 8/2 - 8/9.
We have stayed in CL at all the monorail resorts and like GF the best.
Now I see these pictures of the Dormer Rooms.
Can someone enlighten me on what they are and how much more costly or easy to book they are?
Thanks in advance!
Already booked all our meals 180 days out to get Be Our a Guest twice!

Dormer rooms are those rooms that are on the upper floors of each building where the roof line peaks..the rooms have a much higher peaked ceiling...and the balconies are smaller..and enclosed... There are no dormer TPV rooms in RPC ..these particular TPV rooms are located on the 3rd and 4th floors of the main building... they are the standard rooms ...and all have full balconies...

Congrats on getting all of your ADRS done..and BOG twice!! Thats great!! :thumbsup2

Thank you kindly, one & all, for the cabana/shower advice.:beach:

You're welcome! :goodvibes

Did you note that you would be arriving early..that sometimes helps for an early check in...I know that Boca chica is completed..but I think that BPK is currently being refurbed... Hope you get a refurbed room! :thumbsup2 And that you will come on back and let us know what you think!

k&a&c'smom I want to say thank you again for such a comprehensive and informative thread :goodvibes..I was perusing..once again the first few pages..and I really appreciate all of the info available there...

PS..are you posting about now!!!?? ..only 3 edits on my post today..oops..make that 4! and AGAIN NOT over on my smilie count!!! I really am on a roll!!! :woohoo:

MickeyNut Its funny the things that our families get used to..Getting to the airport early is just a must...I cant have any additional pre trip anxiety..Funny though..once you get on that plane...bye bye worries!! :goodvibes

~ Just booked something very interesting and different for our upcoming trip...Has anyone heard about the breakfast at the Sci Fi that is linked to the Star Wars events ?? I have NO idea what it entails..lol..but I was able to book it for our trip!!! I will share more details once I get them... :)

Hope that everyone is having a terrific Tuesday!! :cutie:

:banana::banana:

k&a&c'smom I want to say thank you again for such a comprehensive and informative thread :goodvibes..I was perusing..once again the first few pages..and I really appreciate all of the info available there...

MickeyNut Its funny the things that our families get used to..Getting to the airport early is just a must...I cant have any additional pre trip anxiety..Funny though..once you get on that plane...bye bye worries!! :goodvibes

~ Just booked something very interesting and different for our upcoming trip...Has anyone heard about the breakfast at the Sci Fi that is linked to the Star Wars events ?? I have NO idea what it entails..lol..but I was able to book it for our trip!!! I will share more details once I get them... :)

I have to agree.....k&a&c'smom does a fantastic job keeping this thread going with great pics as well as updated information :thumbsup2.

Same here......there's too much pre-trip anxiety as it is, no need for any additional :laughing:. My worries actually go bye-bye once we're at the airport and all checked in, but it's even more relaxing once we're on the plane :goodvibes.

I've seen posts about that Sci Fi breakfast with Star Wars, but never paid too much attention to them to see what exactly it entailed :rolleyes1. But would love to hear details about it ;).

Okay, so we have the morning booked too! I was hoping for a 12-4 time, but since the options were 10-2 and 3-7 I went with the morning. So excited!!!!! :-).

Yay!! We loved it last summer at Poly - it was so nice to have those comforts for a few hours. Plus the full day doesn't make much sense because thunder storms typically roll in for the afternoon - we actually had to leave our cabana a half hour early last year because of thunder. Hopefully we will get the full time in July! Hopefully our kids can play together. I know that DD3 loves interacting with other kids and since she is our one and only she gets sick of us easily! :-) She's always looking to make new best friends!

Are you also in SL? I can't remember.

Just posting to announce that we were able after all to book the GF at the end of May!!! :cool1: :banana: :dance3: Not as many days, but hey, we'll be at "our" GF!! :woohoo: So excited....(can ya tell?)

Blue, I thought you were joking when you mentioned the "smilie limit"! :rotfl2: There really IS one? Never knew it, but then, my posts are generally not long enough to use that many smilies!
Since we never go during the Star Wars events, I had not heard of that Sci Fi breakfast either. Hope it's fun for ya. :thumbsup2

Hey everyone!!

LOVE the new refurb pics!!! I do agree..whats with the blue walls and the black table??? :confused3

Yay!! We loved it last summer at Poly - it was so nice to have those comforts for a few hours. Plus the full day doesn't make much sense because thunder storms typically roll in for the afternoon - we actually had to leave our cabana a half hour early last year because of thunder. Hopefully we will get the full time in July! Hopefully our kids can play together. I know that DD3 loves interacting with other kids and since she is our one and only she gets sick of us easily! :-) She's always looking to make new best friends!

Are you also in SL? I can't remember.

I rent cabanas at least 4 times every year, they are wonderful!!! Your refrig has some sodas and waters and if you ask nicely you can get more of anything. You also get a fruit basket thats delicious and perfect after a swim. The new thing they started to do last summer is get your lunch order for the bar. Its a different menu that Gaspies (very delicious)!!

BTW - we're usually 8 people and we all fit fine, but two are young are rarely in there!!

Hey everyone!! LOVE the new refurb pics!!! I do agree..whats with the blue walls and the black table??? :confused3 I rent cabanas at least 4 times every year, they are wonderful!!! Your refrig has some sodas and waters and if you ask nicely you can get more of anything. You also get a fruit basket thats delicious and perfect after a swim. The new thing they started to do last summer is get your lunch order for the bar. Its a different menu that Gaspies (very delicious)!! BTW - we're usually 8 people and we all fit fine, but two are young are rarely in there!!

I was just wondering what we were going to do about lunch! Glad to know there's an option. Thanks for the info!

I've got a question re: the MBs. If we already have one from our last trip; and it's supposed to last at least a couple of years (at least that's what I remember reading), then why am I being given the chance on MDE to order and customize our MBs for our upcoming trip in May? :confused3 Do they put new ressies on a new MB each visit? I know there are threads dealing with this (I started researching) but due to the length of them, I thought I'd get a quicker answer from someone here who has already been thru this. :thumbsup2

I was just wondering what we were going to do about lunch! Glad to know there's an option. Thanks for the info!

It's actually very nice. The cabana staff take your lunch order, give you a number like gaspies and the bar staff delivers it. They even use you dining plan as a table service.

Have a great time, you'll love it!!

I rent cabanas at least 4 times every year, they are wonderful!!! Your refrig has some sodas and waters and if you ask nicely you can get more of anything. You also get a fruit basket thats delicious and perfect after a swim. The new thing they started to do last summer is get your lunch order for the bar. Its a different menu that Gaspies (very delicious)!!

BTW - we're usually 8 people and we all fit fine, but two are young are rarely in there!!
That sounds perfect to me! I love the idea of the drinks and the shade - especially for our DD3's fair skin!

I've got a question re: the MBs. If we already have one from our last trip; and it's supposed to last at least a couple of years (at least that's what I remember reading), then why am I being given the chance on MDE to order and customize our MBs for our upcoming trip in May? :confused3 Do they put new ressies on a new MB each visit? I know there are threads dealing with this (I started researching) but due to the length of them, I thought I'd get a quicker answer from someone here who has already been thru this. :thumbsup2

We currently have 2 sets - one from our trip in Jan and one for our AP. We also have a 3rd coming to us for our trip in May - we will have a 4th for our trip in July and then a 5th and 6th for our fall trip as it is a split stay. I WISH I could opt out of having 6 MB in one year! However, having 6 out of the colors in MB will make accessorizing easy! I'll have one to match every outfit!

It's actually very nice. The cabana staff take your lunch order, give you a number like gaspies and the bar staff delivers it. They even use you dining plan as a table service.

Have a great time, you'll love it!!
I love that idea!!!! I can't wait to try it out and get lunch delivered to us! That's so fun!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Since DH is bummed that I didn't book CL this time (yet, :rotfl2:) maybe I'll surprise him with a cabana....:scratchin

A cabana sounds like a great solution...lol...maybe have to book more than one day:beach: I was going to book a cabana day at GF but we changed plans slightly and I moved our cabana day to the darkside. I booked a cabana day at PBH as a surprise for the family. They do not know yet. The price was a little better too at $175 for the whole day. So excited:hyper:

A cabana sounds like a great solution...lol...maybe have to book more than one day:beach: I was going to book a cabana day at GF but we changed plans slightly and I moved our cabana day to the darkside. I booked a cabana day at PBH as a surprise for the family. They do not know yet. The price was a little better too at $175 for the whole day. So excited:hyper:

Sounds awesome!!! :goodvibes

That sounds perfect to me! I love the idea of the drinks and the shade - especially for our DD3's fair skin!

My DD17 has albinism, so I understand.

She will love the TV too, there is also a radio for music and fan that really gets the air moving...VERY comfortable. Cabana number 4 is the best, with 3 being a great second choice. You guys should get there a little before 10 and make sure you get the best of the bunch!!:beach:

My DD17 has albinism, so I understand.

She will love the TV too, there is also a radio for music and fan that really gets the air moving...VERY comfortable. Cabana number 4 is the best, with 3 being a great second choice. You guys should get there a little before 10 and make sure you get the best of the bunch!!:beach:

Great tip! I'm sure with our little early riser we will be there and swimming even before we can check in for the cabana! I'll make sure to inquire about #4. :-) How many cabanas are there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter