Having a hard time today

Sherrie whats even wierder is that a lot of people call me Sherrie!

Sorry, I pressed Edit instead of quote :upsidedow

I believe you, because I get SHELLY ALL the time also :laughing:

Something like this, Shelly, Shannon, Sheila, by then I say NO SHERRIE, Like the wine, and they say OH OK ;)

I like your thinking. Would love a few zebra domes right about NOW. Just feeling down and out because I am jobless have no kids just my fur babies to keep me company during the day. Then my hubby comes home but I don't want to burden him with my sadness.

It doesn't help matters that it is glummy and rainy here today :(.

I totally get this. I only work very part time from home and it is just me and the 2 cats. This was our first winter in nearly 6 years after moving from Florida last year for DH's job. The job is great as far as benefits (the main reason we moved) but I have been stir crazy alone all day. We also really miss FL and Disney, my parents there, our friends, the life we had. I even miss my gym and classes I took there:) I have applied to many jobs here and most never even respond. It is really getting to me after a year. It is also so cold and windy to even enjoy outside:( I wanted to plant a garden and it is still too cold! 30's lately-19 at night. :scared1:

Hi, I have not seen you in a bit, and wondered how you were doing Shelly??

:hug:

I was doing okay until tonight.

The wine tasting was fun. It was great to get out and have some wine and spend time with the wine shop owner who is also a friend and former coworker of my husbands. She is also someone I have gotten to know over the years. Several years ago the 3 of us use to ride the bus to work together when I had a job that was 3 blocks from my DH office. A few times on the way home I would be waiting at the bus stop for my husband and Kari and I would chat as we waited for the bus to arrive.

Back to why I am sad now. Knowing that as the new work week begins I will be left home alone. I am so sad right now.

Its 1a.m and I can't sleep. I am crying because I don't feel happy. I am struggling to find my purpose in life. My reason for being here on earth. Right now I have no purpose so I am struggling to keep going on.. A few minutes ago I was laying here on the couch and my kitty who's name is Java was asleep down by my feet woke up and came to cuddle with me like he always does. As I lay on the couch he likes to lay by my side and put his paws on my face. Which I love. Cuddling with him is my special time with him.

Well I strarted to cry and tell him how sad I was. He only laid with me for a few minutes which is not like him. Maybe it was because Mommy said she does want to be here any more and my tears were dripping on his paw! He went to get a bit to eat and look out the window. Now his sister Patches is awake and is playing with him. Did I mention its 1 a.m. and they decide now is a good time to play and run through the house!

It could be that I only slept a few hours Sat night and that is what triggered all this. Although I did tell DH just Sat that I have been having these waves of sadness that come and go really quickly. There have been a few times that it happens for long spans. He reassures me not to worry about not having a job because he has a very stable job and we are nearly debt free. He knows I will find another job and while I am job hunting I should work on some of the projects around the house that i have been wanting to tackle. Such as stripping some wall paper in the hallway downstairs and painting it. It happens to be a small hallway with wallpaper only half way up the wall so it should be an easy task. Can't paint till I can open the windows and at this rate it will be August before that will happen! Snowed here last week and it is suppose to be 70 tomorrow!

I think our up coming trip to Disney is what keeps me sane for the time being. It is something I have to look forward to and keeps me excited. I am just worried that once the trip is over I will be very very sad! I am also worried about being sad while away from our 3 cats! My Niece will look in on them at couple time while we are gone. She makes some money for coming over and I have some peace that someone has checked in on them and that they are fine. I check in with her via facebook to see how they are doing and it makes me feel good to know that they had some human interaction and that they are fine. I told DH I am taking a picture of them with me this time so I can have it by the bed and I can look at them when I miss them. So on Friday I would looking for photo's to print and put in a frame when all of a sudden I had a great idea. I put together a callage of pictures of them and I plan to have it put on a mouse pad that I can take with me. This way I don't have to worry about a picture frame getting broken and it will be easy to pack the mouse pad and won't take up much room at all!

I feel so lost now that I am not working and have no structure to my day! And feel so alone because I have no one to talk to all day. I find I am talking to myself and the kitties!!! gosh I wish one of your girls lived close by. Then we could met for coffee every now and then!

Well I have rattled on long enough. Hope you all have a better week than I am :cutie:

Oh Shelly, I am sorry you are feeling sad and I wished you lived close so we could send some time together and I could hug you in person:hug:

Java and the other kitties sound like a great reason to get up everyday, furbabies are the best. I lost my beloved dog (8 yrs old) in January and the house feels so empty without her, I often I look for her and then remember she's gone.

I can totally relate to missing your furbabies when on holidays.
My sister and her adult children always looked after our dog when we are away and on our last vacation my nephew set up a webcam so I could see her as we traveled. My family thought I was nuts:laughing:

My happy place is my kitchen, do you have a happy place? When I feel a little low I get myself into the kitchen and try out a new recipe for dinner or whip up a batch of cookies for hubby to take into his work. I have recently started cake decorating and it is lots of fun but I am not very good, I'm afraid. Thankfully my family are happy to eat my mistakes,

Do you have any hobbies that you enjoy? It can be so tough when you don't have a regular work routine.
:grouphug:

Try to get some rest.
Quasar

Morning to all!

Gosh, you said so much of what I am feeling daily :hug: I am out on sick leave, and just got the call that going back is not in the cards soon, or ever, but I refuse to go that far yet. I was seriously hoping that rehab would start soon, but I am told that I am have not progressed enough to begin that.

Kids are at school, Dh is at work, and my house is clean, etc. I have friends, but nobody close, and they are all working. I SO wish we were closer. We could most definitely meet up. For me at 41, it is hard to make new friends. I am extremely shy, appear perhaps snobby, but that is most definitely not the case. I get up get the kids off, and shower, dress, and then am :rolleyes1. Shopping is great, but $ runs out, and then I get even more :(

Projects that you mention sound like a fantastic idea to keep you busy, both body and mind. I realize it is so easy for me to say and not do.

I hear you on the cats. I also have 2 that do those exact things. I love them so much, and worry when we travel, although my mother passes daily.

Monday's are hard for me as the house is empty. THis week especially so, since my son is gone until Friday on a school trip. I am happy for him, but there just seems to be a giant echo in here.

Hoping the sun comes out for you to day.:grouphug::flower3:

Both for you and Quasar my newest friends..

P.S. If anyone wants to be friends on FB, drop me a PM.

OMG OMG we need to talk! My hubby wants to set up a web cam so we can watch the cats but have little knowledge about doing it. My husband works in the IT field so he knows a lot about computer but needs some guidance as to how it works. Do you think your nephew could give him an overview. What he is unsure of is what web service to use . If he could help that would be a huge blessing for us and allow me to relax while away!!!!

I am feeling a bit better today. Although it is raining cats and dogs here but the temp is in the 60. But get this they say we could see so snow tomorrow.

Ran a few errands this morning and found the perfect pair of comfy tennis shoes for our Disney trip and they were 50% off!

Mommasita we are close in age and I too am rather shy. Sorry to hear that you are not recovered enough to start therapy yet. But remember you only get one chance to heal so don't rush it! Enjoy your time off because before you know it, it will be time to go back to work. Which is what I have been telling my self. To take the time and do these little projects around the house while I have the free time. It keeps my occupied and in the end I can sit back and know that the task can be checked off the to do list.

I am also reading a good Joyce Meyer book right now call "Don't Give Up" and it really has a lot of good insight as to what I am going through right now it life.
Well my load of clothes are done drying so I must run and get them before they wrinkle.
TTYL Ladies.

Oh Shelly, I am sorry you are feeling sad and I wished you lived close so we could send some time together and I could hug you in person:hug:

Java and the other kitties sound like a great reason to get up everyday, furbabies are the best. I lost my beloved dog (8 yrs old) in January and the house feels so empty without her, I often I look for her and then remember she's gone.

I can totally relate to missing your furbabies when on holidays.
My sister and her adult children always looked after our dog when we are away and on our last vacation my nephew set up a webcam so I could see her as we traveled. My family thought I was nuts:laughing:

My happy place is my kitchen, do you have a happy place? When I feel a little low I get myself into the kitchen and try out a new recipe for dinner or whip up a batch of cookies for hubby to take into his work. I have recently started cake decorating and it is lots of fun but I am not very good, I'm afraid. Thankfully my family are happy to eat my mistakes,

Do you have any hobbies that you enjoy? It can be so tough when you don't have a regular work routine.
:grouphug:

Try to get some rest.
Quasar

Shelly, I'm running out the door to take my mum to an appointment. I'll find out about the webcam and get back to you.:hug:

Mommasita, I am sorry that your recovery is going slowly and I can relate to that feeling of the house being empty when a family member is away. I hope your son is having fun and will be safely back home at the end of the week:hug:

I'm at the other end of the 40's girls. I am an OLD lady:lmao:

Quasar

Shelly, I'm running out the door to take my mum to an appointment. I'll find out about the webcam and get back to you.:hug:

Mommasita, I am sorry that your recovery is going slowly and I can relate to that feeling of the house being empty when a family member is away. I hope your son is having fun and will be safely back home at the end of the week:hug:

I'm at the other end of the 40's girls. I am an OLD lady:lmao:

Quasar
:hug: Thanks Quas.

He called, arrived at 1st destination. DH talked, I was in the bath :mad:. So hope he enjoys and has a great time.

Hi Shelly:goodvibes

Gnight all

Thanks Quasar :thumbsup2. Hope everything is okay with your Mum.

Mommasita where is your son traveling to?

Slept like a baby last night. Today I am going to do some chores. Looks like the weekend weather here is going to be on the warm side 70's for Fri, Sat, Sun and I want to be able to enjoy the weekend and not have a lot of chores to do.

So ladies have yourself a great day.

Thanks Quasar :thumbsup2. Hope everything is okay with your Mum.

Mommasita where is your son traveling to?

Slept like a baby last night. Today I am going to do some chores. Looks like the weekend weather here is going to be on the warm side 70's for Fri, Sat, Sun and I want to be able to enjoy the weekend and not have a lot of chores to do.

So ladies have yourself a great day.

Good Morning,

My son left with school for 6 days for Philly, Washington, New York, and he is returning Friday night!!

Glad you slept so well. I am going right back LOL.

Nice weather you are going to have. Enjoy!! I do the same thing. Get everything done, so the weekend is free.

HI Quasar :hug:

Have a good day all.

Mommasita your Sons trip sounds like fun. He will be home before you know it with lots of details to share with you.

I am have a wierd day. Ever have a feeling that something is wrong or having a feeling that somethings just not right? That is what I am experiencing today.
Not sure if the fact that my DH will be home very late tonight because his company is taking a few of the guys to the Indians baseball game tonight. The plus side is I don't have to cook I can be a lady of leasure today and maybe that is why I feel the way I do. As long as nothing bad happens today :scared1:

----

Mommasita your Sons trip sounds like fun. He will be home before you know it with lots of details to share with you.

I am have a wierd day. Ever have a feeling that something is wrong or having a feeling that somethings just not right? That is what I am experiencing today.
Not sure if the fact that my DH will be home very late tonight because his company is taking a few of the guys to the Indians baseball game tonight. The plus side is I don't have to cook I can be a lady of leasure today and maybe that is why I feel the way I do. As long as nothing bad happens today :scared1:

----

Yes, he is having a great experience for sure.. COME ON FRIDAY :)

Oh Quasar, YOU ARE NOT OLD..xo

Yes, I often get that feeling.

Today I went out for lunch with my father, and he said some very uplifting things, I don't hear often, so I am a total :):):)today..

I hope your feeling are for nothing Shelly. Have a great day.:goodvibes

Hi Shelly,
I just saw your message, I've been in bed with a migraine but am back at the computer;)
I rang my nephew but he is not home from work yet, I promise to get back to you ASAP. My apologies for being a little slow.

I don't know how the webcam thing worked but it was easy (for other people to organise):rotfl:

Hope you had a good day. :hug:

Quasar

What a horrible day. It dreary and cold here. I did not sleep much last night. I have been on an emotional roller coaster all day. I don't want to be here. I have the urge... I'm so unhappy. \

Quasar I did get your PM thank you so much!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter