Hawaii COVID Testing

I just wanted to let everyone know who might be flying out of LAX-- The Sheraton Gateway LAX (1 mi from airport) is offering SAME DAY covid testing with guaranteed results by midnight on the same day you take it. Anyone can use it with an appointment (you don't have to stay at the Sheraton to be able to make an appointment) and it's the Hawaii approved PCR test. You'll need to find somewhere to print out the results as they warn that LAX will not accept a confirmation shown on your phone. The cost is steep--$175, but if you live somewhere testing is not available, or if you are leaving on Tuesday or Wednesday, this is an option. I can't seem to post the link but it's Nsiterecovery dot com click on covid testing--there are 3 SoCal locations, click on the one at the Sheraton Gateway.

Did anyone post this: sorry if yes: from the points guys—
Unfortunately, we’ve also learned Quest Diagnostics is opting out of the Hawaii testing program. Quest says, “Due to high demand from healthcare providers for our COVID-19 molecular diagnostic testing services, Quest Diagnostics is suspending its participation in the Hawaii Pre-travel Testing Program, effective November 22, 2020.” Ouch.

I just wanted to let everyone know who might be flying out of LAX-- The Sheraton Gateway LAX (1 mi from airport) is offering SAME DAY covid testing with guaranteed results by midnight on the same day you take it. Anyone can use it with an appointment (you don't have to stay at the Sheraton to be able to make an appointment) and it's the Hawaii approved PCR test. You'll need to find somewhere to print out the results as they warn that LAX will not accept a confirmation shown on your phone. The cost is steep--$175, but if you live somewhere testing is not available, or if you are leaving on Tuesday or Wednesday, this is an option. I can't seem to post the link but it's Nsiterecovery dot com click on covid testing--there are 3 SoCal locations, click on the one at the Sheraton Gateway.
I just went to their website, and there’s no mention of either Hawaii or the company being a “trusted partner.” If they were approved, I’m sure they would have said so. Also, there was one review posted, from someone who took their test on a Monday, who was still waiting for his results five days later and had to reschedule his flight.

One piece of good news for folks flying out of LA on Hawaiian. They’ve finally started offering their COVID testing service in Los Angeles. I copied the text below from an article posted last week:

Hawaiian’s guests in the Los Angeles area have exclusive access to the carrier’s newest testing site that opened today in Culver City, its second location in partnership with Worksite Labs. Hawaiian began offering the $90 shallow nasal swab tests – with results provided within 36 hours – last month near San Francisco International Airport. It will open its third site tomorrow across from the Main Street Hotel in Las Vegas.

I just went to their website, and there’s no mention of either Hawaii or the company being a “trusted partner.” If they were approved, I’m sure they would have said so. Also, there was one review posted, from someone who took their test on a Monday, who was still waiting for his results five days later and had to reschedule his flight.
Really? I just went to see if it changed from yesterday and the home page says right on it

COVID Testing for Travel $175 per person. Same day results…Guaranteed. Book an appointment below or call (714) 617-1856.
  • Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)
  • RT-PCR Nasal Swab
  • CLIA Approved Laboratory
Molecular PCR Nasal Swab COVID testing service. Two locations in Orange County, Newport Beach and San Juan Capistrano. One location in Los Angeles conveniently located near LAX inside the Sheraton Gateway Hotel, and one location in San Diego inside the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina.
Same day results…Guaranteed. If you are required to have a PCR nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) test before travel this is the required test.

Really? I just went to see if it changed from yesterday and the home page says right on it

COVID Testing for Travel $175 per person. Same day results…Guaranteed. Book an appointment below or call (714) 617-1856.
  • RT-PCR Nasal Swab
Molecular PCR Nasal Swab COVID testing service. Two locations in Orange County, Newport Beach and San Juan Capistrano. One location in Los Angeles conveniently located near LAX inside the Sheraton Gateway Hotel, and one location in San Diego inside the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina.
Same day results…Guaranteed. If you are required to have a PCR nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) test before travel this is the required test.

I think the issue is that this might not be approved by Hawaii as a trusted partner...Hawaii doesn't just accept any NAAT/PCR test. It needs to be from specific vendors. Dumb, I agree.

Always have a backup test planned. Had a Walgreens rapid test scheduled for today. They closed this morning due to supply shortage. They do not know when they will get more. Ended up at Alaska Airlines for $170 each. At least we will get results back by 2pm tomorrow, but not budget friendly!

• RT-PCR Nasal Swab
If the company isn’t a trusted partner, Hawaii will not accept the results. And the negative review kind of spooks me as well.

My wife and I already made reservations for the Hawaiian Airlines test in early Jan, three days prior to departure. There’s also another Hawaii approved testing site at LAX that’s either open or opening soon, from a company called Clarity Lab Solutions. Our plan is to drive the five minutes from the Hawaiian airlines test site to LAX to get that one as well, so we have another test as a backup, as has been recommended multiple times right here!

If the company isn’t a trusted partner, Hawaii will not accept the results. And the negative review kind of spooks me as well.

My wife and I already made reservations for the Hawaiian Airlines test in early Jan, three days prior to departure. There’s also another Hawaii approved testing site at LAX that’s either open or opening soon, from a company called Clarity Lab Solutions. Our plan is to drive the five minutes from the Hawaiian airlines test site to LAX to get that one as well, so we have another test as a backup, as has been recommended multiple times right here!
Ahhh, I see what you're saying! I'm stuck in nowhere land on the Central Coast of CA and there is NO testing site within 100 miles of me. I'm going down to LA two days early just to be tested, so I'm hoping that by January they'll have their one at LAX ready. It was supposed to be ready last week. Supposedly 36 hours there. I'm gonna double up on both too.

Hi Everyone (This is my 1st Post). I traveled to Hawaii from November 10th - 16th so I have some personal experience doing the Covid Testing to avoid the necessity of having to Quarantine so if anyone has questions feel free to ask and I will try to respond as soon as possible.

I took my Pre-Trip Test at a Walgreens; I filled out the health survey and it stated that I qualified for a test so I did not need to pay a fee for the test.
The Covid test was a Rapid test so I received my results via e-mail an hour after the appointment.
I created a Login at Travel.Hawaii.Gov, filled out the info on my trip details and uploaded a copy of my negative test result. This only took about 10 minutes to do.

Upon Landing in Honolulu I showed the staff my QR code and I was off on my vacation with very little Hassle. I live in the state of New York so I faced the necessity to quarantine after coming back. (Honestly I should have just stayed in Hawaii). But I was able to find FREE covid testing in Hawaii at the Waikiki Shell. This allowed me to quarantine for a shorter period of time after coming back to NY.

I hope I am able to help anyone who is debating going to Hawaii - I had an amazing time and I love to talk so don't hesitate to ask any questions.

If I have broken any rules with this post I apologize very much.

-Josh-

Hi Everyone (This is my 1st Post). I traveled to Hawaii from November 10th - 16th so I have some personal experience doing the Covid Testing to avoid the necessity of having to Quarantine so if anyone has questions feel free to ask and I will try to respond as soon as possible.

I took my Pre-Trip Test at a Walgreens; I filled out the health survey and it stated that I qualified for a test so I did not need to pay a fee for the test.
The Covid test was a Rapid test so I received my results via e-mail an hour after the appointment.
I created a Login at Travel.Hawaii.Gov, filled out the info on my trip details and uploaded a copy of my negative test result. This only took about 10 minutes to do.

Upon Landing in Honolulu I showed the staff my QR code and I was off on my vacation with very little Hassle. I live in the state of New York so I faced the necessity to quarantine after coming back. (Honestly I should have just stayed in Hawaii). But I was able to find FREE covid testing in Hawaii at the Waikiki Shell. This allowed me to quarantine for a shorter period of time after coming back to NY.

I hope I am able to help anyone who is debating going to Hawaii - I had an amazing time and I love to talk so don't hesitate to ask any questions.

-Josh-

So Josh, the rapid test at Walgreens was accepted? I mean you went so I'm assuming that test is on the approved list... obviously, just a little surprised. Glad you had a safe trip. We are scheduled for February, I'm surely hoping we get over this surge and we are in the clear to make our trip.

-Josh-
:welcome: to the DisBoards!! Glad you had a great trip. Please share a trip report or some individual threads about parts of your trip. This board is always hungry for Hawaii content, not only Aulani!

Darn that you had to cancel your HI trip. I've been following your posts and we are in the same position. We are still scheduled for HI and we are almost going to switch to WDW due to the Vault issues as well. I would hate to pay for 2 COVID tests with Vault and Walgreens as a backup. I need to make a decision soon!

Trust me I was so bummed to cancel the flight and resort! Silver lining was that because United changed the timing a bit for our EWR-HNL flight (by about 90 min), I was able to get a full refund.

So Josh, the rapid test at Walgreens was accepted? I mean you went so I'm assuming that test is on the approved list... obviously, just a little surprised. Glad you had a safe trip. We are scheduled for February, I'm surely hoping we get over this surge and we are in the clear to make our trip.
It’s on Hawaii’s approved list. Many have been able to use them. That’s our plan to use them in a few weeks

Has anyone recently used Kaiser for testing? Just wonder when, where how long the results took. Any advice to get the results back quicker?

Just wanted to share my very up to date experience with Vault from this week. We are flying out on Thursday 12/3.
These times are all in CST and I live in WI.

I ordered tests a couple weeks ago so no issues with last minute arrival.

11/30 at 4:00 pm- took tests (less than 5 min wait for test supervisor) and delivered to UPS Store (definitely check your UPS store air pickup time but mine is 6:00 pm)
12/1 at 7:55 am- tests arrived at Vault
12/1 at 2:33 pm- got email stating sample was received
12/1 at 9:50 pm- got test results email!
12/1 at 9:52 pm- got email with info on how to submit for reimbursement from insurance (obviously with no guarantee that they’ll cover it)
I uploaded results to Safe Travels website and they were automatically accepted.

I’m super impressed with Vault from my experience!

I mailed my daughter’s sample in a separate package and her results all came within minutes of mine. I wrote ‘STAT HAWAII’ on the outside of the packaging but the test supervisor told me that my shipping package was already designated as STAT because it had these pink labels on it.

Overall, it was a very easy process but I definitely built it up in my head to be stressful with wondering and waiting!

Just wanted to share my very up to date experience with Vault from this week. We are flying out on Thursday 12/3.

11/30 at 4:00 pm- took tests (less than 5 min wait for test supervisor) and delivered to UPS Store (definitely check your UPS store air pickup time but mine is 6:00 pm)
12/1 at 9:52 pm- got email with info on how to submit for reimbursement from insurance (obviously with no guarantee that they’ll cover it)
I uploaded results to Safe Travels website and they were automatically accepted.

I mailed my daughter’s sample in a separate package and her results all came within minutes of mine. I wrote ‘STAT HAWAII’ on the outside of the packaging but the test supervisor told me that my shipping package was already designated as STAT because it had these pink labels on it.

Overall, it was a very easy process but I definitely built it up in my head to be stressful with wondering and waiting!
When you say automatically excepted—where or what do you see that indicates this?
thanks!
And so glad you got results so quickly!
Enjoy your trip!!

Thank you for your experience. I am extremely worried about ours, as it did not have the pink stickers on it. The test supervisors said they flagged it for "expedited service" but they also commented our bags "were wrong". We still wrote "STAT Hawaii" on all bags with black sharpie. We took the tests yesterday (12/1) for 12/4 departure on American. If I had to do it over, I would have ordered Vault test through Hawaiian airlines although we aren't flying that airline to get the "correct" UPS shipping bag with pink stickers.
Our backup appointments at ExpressCheck in the PHX airport (they had recently began offering Rapid results approved by Hawaii travels) was scheduled for Thursday (12/3) at noon. We got an email today stating that they are no longer offering Rapid Results due to lack of testing supplies and "sorry for the inconvenience". So, all our proverbial eggs are in the Vault basket at this point. No appts available at CVS or Walgreens either.

Don’t get too upset at labs having to discontinue their Hawaii testing service. There is still a nationwide shortage of testing materials and once a lab uses up their allocation they have to wait until more is allotted to them. We currently have 3 methodologies is use and, once we get the materials we will be going to 4 and then 5 just so that we can have a chance of one of them being available to cover our patient volumes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter