• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Heading back to Princess Josie's Castle-An AKV May 22-29 PTR-TR Started 6/3!

Sorry I'm giving you two!!
I'm doing two must do's and it is strictly from reviews as I have not done any yet!!
Whispering Canyon --dinner and
Ohana's --breakfast

and if you really want me to be of no help at all :lmao: :rotfl:
I bet the girls would really like the Hoop de do and the Luau (but those are dinner shows)
Hi Connie! You know my girls too well...they would love those dinner shows. I haven't done either meal that you mentioned....have done dinner at O'hana and that one will definitely be on the list for this year again!

LOVED Ohana dinner, two words, BREAD PUDDING!!! I liked Wispering Canyon too, the antics were awesome, and the food was pretty good there too. I got some pics on my report somewhere back earlier on. But that place was fun, and I'd LOVE to do it again! I think those were my favorite places from September. Kona was good in May....so many decisions!!! LOL
Girl you gotta stop all this pudding talk...you are making me crave it! :goodvibes Maybe we need to try Whispering Canyon that one has two votes....hmmmmm.

That is such a tough question!

If I am choosing a place I have already been and loved I would say The Plaza.

If choosing some place new I would say Jiko. :thumbsup2

Hi Lessa! I totally forgot about the Plaza...need to go check that out!! I don't think I will ever get to try Jiko...Joe was not a fan of Boma so if it's similar it's a no-go...:laughing:

You guys are giving me such great suggestions! Keep em coming!

Jeff says Yak and Yeti
I am going with O'Hana-though I have never eaten there. It just looks soooo good. I also really liked Y&Y

Hi Mary! Didn't want to spend precious weekend time cleaning so I worked really hard and got everything done last night. Tonight we had a wedding/reception to attend for a guy I work with. It was nice. Josie cried when we left. She was having a ball dancing. :cool1:

What are you into tonight? I have been starting to pick a few places to dine. In about 4 weeks we wil be able to make some adrs. CAn't wait...I feel like things are really coming together when our ADR's are made. :)

You go on the cleaning. The reception sonded fun. Poor Josie. I am trying to narrow down some restraunt choices. Sent you a pm. Went to Border's tonight and picked up a new Disney book.

Where to eat huh?

I'll agree with the suggestions of WCC and 'Ohana.

The Turf Club at SSR is really fantastic. We tried that one in February. We were supposed to go to Le Cellier that night, but Cooper was sick with a sinus infection. We wanted to stay close to home, so we picked the Turf Club since we were at SSR. It was very good.

Sanaa is a new personal favorite of ours. Really good flavors...

Sorry. I kinda gave you more than just one.

You go on the cleaning. The reception sonded fun. Poor Josie. I am trying to narrow down some restraunt choices. Sent you a pm. Went to Border's tonight and picked up a new Disney book.
I'm perusing menu's and locations also. What book did you get? I love Disney books! I need to check out the menu for Yak and Yeti....if Jeff likes it Joe probably will to....

Where to eat huh?

I'll agree with the suggestions of WCC and 'Ohana.

The Turf Club at SSR is really fantastic. We tried that one in February. We were supposed to go to Le Cellier that night, but Cooper was sick with a sinus infection. We wanted to stay close to home, so we picked the Turf Club since we were at SSR. It was very good.

Sanaa is a new personal favorite of ours. Really good flavors...

Sorry. I kinda gave you more than just one.
Thanks Megan! The Turf Club and Sanaa would both be new. Need to go check out the menus...was Sanaa over the top like Boma?

OK, I will have to chirp in here, cause hmmmmmmmmmm WE WILL BE THERE AT THE SAME TIME :banana::woohoo:. We didn't enjoy Ohana too much because the service wasn't good and the wait was way toooooooooooooo long. The food was OK. We really LOVED Grand Floridian Cafe. The service was impeccable and the food was to die for. It really came off as a more upscale restaurant than it is represented. Very nice. We like Kona and last May Tyler and I really liked Yak and Yeti. Plaza is always a must do for us.

Kona was good too.....I haven't had a bad meal ANYWHERE in the world, as far as TS goes....so I"m probably not much help, since I like everything!!

OK, I will have to chirp in here, cause hmmmmmmmmmm WE WILL BE THERE AT THE SAME TIME :banana::woohoo:. We didn't enjoy Ohana too much because the service wasn't good and the wait was way toooooooooooooo long. The food was OK. We really LOVED Grand Floridian Cafe. The service was impeccable and the food was to die for. It really came off as a more upscale restaurant than it is represented. Very nice. We like Kona and last May Tyler and I really liked Yak and Yeti. Plaza is always a must do for us.
I'm getting together menus for Joe to look at and make some final pics. Yak and Yeti are in the finals. We've never waited more than 10 minutes on dinner at Ohana and had excellent service. I was considering a breakfast too (since we're staying there) but if you had a bad experience I want no part of it. I've been reading that the new online booking system is really screwing with things. My crew doesn't do well with waiting really so if its going to be a pain we probably should skip it. :confused3 Thanks for the heads up Dana! Can't wait to see you in May! :hug:

Kona was good too.....I haven't had a bad meal ANYWHERE in the world, as far as TS goes....so I"m probably not much help, since I like everything!!
Hi Christie! SOOOOOO, Dana is coming in May, Mary is coming in May, Becky is coming in May, our new friend Megan is coming in May........ARE YOU GOING TO JOIN US FOR A DAY OR TWO IN MAY---hint, hint, hint????:rolleyes1

Kona sounds really good. I don't think Mary and her family had a very good experience but I hear breakfast is fantastic....we will probaby check that also. I've been looking at upgrading to DxDP only because I think we would like a breakfast character meals too. It's a lot of food but when you're on vacation you are supposed to splurge a little right? :laughing:

mickeystoontown--Lisa will be there at the same time--actually I beleive an overlap
so many of ya'll will be there...it should be lots of fun!!! :yay:
Oh! BTW she has two TR 's that are sooooo great!!! funny and great suggestions
but be warned she has a lot of chatter on the threads, too! I think it makes the fun even greater

mickeystoontown--Lisa will be there at the same time--actually I beleive an overlap
but be warned she has a lot of chatter on the threads, too! I think it makes the fun even greater
Thanks Connie! I need to look her up and see what she has going. The more the merrier! :banana:

Hi readers! Has anyone tried the new online ADR system? How did it work? What did you think?

I'm trying to decide if I want to call or give this a a try in a few weeks!

Thanks Connie! I need to look her up and see what she has going. The more the merrier! :banana:
she just posted a report on "Whispering Canyon" they also did the luau this past August!

here is her link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2262690

Thanks again Connie! I'm headed over there right after I get off work tonight. I just tracked your package and it looks like it should deliver today! :banana:

That's wonderful news!! he asked me just before he went to work today!!! I told him he should get it by Wednesday or Thursday...did not know how it shipped?!?

:worship:Thanks! again you are a great and wonderful life saver:worship:
:flower3:Connie

As long as the meet is on a weekend, I'm in!!! I can't take days off, got graduation next year, and possibly a huge grand gathering at disney next year to go to....but weekends, I'm FREE baby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter