Heads up, CRO giving wrong info!

Neeter

Mouseketeer
Hey all!

Just thought I'd post my recent problem with CRO in case there are any newbies out there who may run into the same problem or who may not know what the REAL policy is!

Called and booked my reservation for Easter 2003 at the All Star Movies. (Woo Hoo!) Told agent that I wanted to request adjoining rooms and also request the Toy Story section. She was a very friendly, knowledgeable agent. She mentioned that she would note the request on my reservation but that they could not be guaranteed. I told her that I was aware of that and thank her for mentioning it. She gave me my confirmation # / etc and I hung up.

However after I hung up I realized I forgot to have her give me the Total for the reservation. (I always like for them to read me the total just to make sure there have been no mistakes on either of our parts.) So I called CRO back JUST to get my total. That's where the problem started. Before the agent I talked to this time would even give me my total she said "uh-oh I see a problem here, the other agent has down that you are requesting the Toy Story section, but she hasn't charged you the $10 nightly that is supposed to be charged for a "Preferred" room." I politely told her that the "Preferred" rooms at the All Star Movies were ONLY in the FANTASIA buildings. She said "No, mam you are wrong, you are requesting a particular building therefore you are supposed to be charged the $10". I'm like lady I only called back to get my total and you are trying to go in there and change my whole reservation. She said "I'm sorry but your reservation is wrong and it needs to be changed". She could not have been more rude. I think my head about exploded. I once again tried to explain to her what the CORRECT policy was. However, she would hear nothing of it. So, I asked to speak to a supervisor.

And after being on hold for 7 minutes long distance, I finally was given to a supervisor! (Yes, I am considering sending the bill to them! LOL!) I told her that I only called to get a total and that the agent I just talked to was trying to charge me for something that she is thinking is the policy when it is not. I told that I had tried to explain this to her several times to no avail. The supervisor was nice but her reply cracked me up! She said "Well, it's a constant learning process here"! To which I said "shouldn't the agents be properly trained BEFORE allowing them to book reservations?" I said "what if I had been a customer who was not aware of the CORRECT policy and had let her charge me the extra $10 a night?" She said "well hopefully that is an error we would have noticed". I told that I would hope so but doubted that would be the case. I then said "can I please finally get the total that I was calling to get in the first place?" I told her that I wasn't happy that a long-distance phone call that should have taken no longer than 2 minutes had now lasted over 10 minutes. She just said "I'm sorry" and then hung up on me!! Oh my! Yet another rosy CRO experience! LOL! :rolleyes:

I didn't post this as merely another CRO bash... I just wanted to post this in case anyone else might get the same SPILL concerning the "Preferred" rooms at the All Stars. There are only certain buildings at each All Stars that when requested require an extra $10 a night charge. Be sure not to let them charge you the $10 for ANY of the other buildings.

I'm still kind of new to the board and to the Disney process. But I don't understand why they charge you an extra $10 A NIGHT? for what they call a preferred room, just because you requested it??

Why? Do they normally charge an extra $10 for that room to the people who get it by chance?

Just because you asked to be in a certain portion of the building, they charge you more than if you hadn't asked? I'm requesting a non-smoking room, will I have to pay an extra $40 for the whole time we're there? I'm not going to be in AS, (I actually DON'T KNOW where we're going to be--- CBR relocation) but I'm just wondering if this could be the case across the resorts??

I'm not sure what the policy is at the moderates or Deluxes but at All Stars there are certain buildings which are preferred. These are ones closet to the main building and pool , closet to bus stop. At the ASMu it is the Calypso building. They won't put you in the preferred buildings without asking you or you asking for it.
They charge the $10 for the rooms in the preferred buildings.

Yes, some of the CMs are VERY uninformed! I called yesterday because I wanted to make sure I was still booked at CBR and had not been switched without my consent (I am going to wait for "the call"). So, I used the excuse that I was checking to make sure my deposit had been credited. She said "Yes, it's all in order". Well, I couldn't help myself so I said "But aren't they closing that resort temporarily?" and she said "I don't think so. Let me check." She comes back and sounds like she is reading off her screen "....large-scale renovations of restaurants....." and then she says "It looks like they will be closing parts of the resort but you will still be able to stay there." I said "Thank you" and hung up, and then started laughing! You know, though, I feel VERY sorry for the people out there that are booked at CBR and have NO IDEA they are not going to be able to stay there. If I didn't read this board, I would have no idea myself, and that "phone call" would be a huge surprise!!

You know, while I find it funny that we usually know more than the CRO CM's, I feel sorry for them. It's so much to learn!

Think about it. You need a job. You apply to Disney. Good company, right? You don't love WDW, you've stayed there once or twice, it was fun, but basically, you need a job. You have 2 weeks of training & think you're ready. But then the people who call you with questions know more than you do!

My MIL works for the state tax hot line. Can you imagine knowing everything there is to know about taxes? She is drowning in paperwork in her little cubicle! Every day they get a new memo about something. I imagine working for Disney is similar. There's no way you can prepare someone for all of the questions they might get asked.

I'm just thankful for the DIS :)

Jeanny
Most resorts charge extra for preferred views (water view). So many people were asking for specific buildings in the All Stars that Disney decided to have preferred buildings. If a guest feels it's important to be close to the food court they have the option of paying for it.

Thanks lewisc,

I figured as much for waterview, parking lot view, but never realized they charged you more for something you ask for.. So I wonder if I say I want the furthest room from the bus stop and food court and please make sure it's full of smoke smell, will they give me a $10 discount? LOL,

I'm learning SO much from these boards. I'm so glad I found it. I like becoming a Disney expert... of course I'm driving my family crazy with all the tips I'm learning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter