Heads up on October Hours

Must be expecting some higher crowds in October which is surprising considering the September crowds are low.

Although, from my quick run through... I wouldn't characterize the changes as stout. Mostly MK, very little at the other parks. MK was just an hour or two extra on many non-party nights. Surprised there aren't any 8am MK openings in Oct to offset the 6pm MNSSHP closes, but those could be added later I guess.

Although, from my quick run through... I wouldn't characterize the changes as stout. Mostly MK, very little at the other parks. MK was just an hour or two extra on many non-party nights. Surprised there aren't any 8am MK openings in Oct to offset the 6pm MNSSHP closes, but those could be added later I guess.
Yeah I noticed 10PM close Nov. 1st -3rd. I won't be taking advantage of that though since I will be getting up at 3 AM those days to run.

I also continue to be a bit puzzled by the lack of later hours at DHS (mainly 8-9pm closings in Sept, currently all 8pm closings in Oct)... guess we'll need to wait to Star Wars for that. :-)

Hopefully more parks will be updated through October! Fingers crossed for earlier openings!

Thanks! I was a little disappointed by EMH on Oct 13 running from 10-12 because we have the dessert buffet after party- looks like we'll get more time to play!

Not as significant as I expected. MK Wednesday closure, at least Columbus Day week, is backed up to 1:00 after being 2:00 the last few years. And, I would have expected some later closings at HS as well.

I’m pretty pleased, as even being there for 4 weeks, we have struggled to get the late night I want in MK. I’ll take 1am rather than 11pm.

It’s a bit concerning, because I assume it indicates that they expect higher crowds in October. Oh well, it’s booked now...

I understand people being night owls. But dang I really can’t imagine being in a theme park until 2am and doing it all again the next day.

I'm tired thinking about it. Y'all are stronger than me.

I understand people being night owls. But dang I really can’t imagine being in a theme park until 2am and doing it all again the next day.

I think it’s just the novelty of it. There’s something about that late at night that feels slightly magical and surreal to me, so to see MK at that time of night sounds like a really fun, unique experience. I wouldn’t do it just to ride rides, but I’m still expecting this to be my once in a lifetime trip (ha!) and I know I will regret not having the experience more than I will regret the lack of sleep at the time. We will just schedule a free/pool morning for the next day.

You sleep in the next day and take it easy.

I'm hoping for MK to be open until midnight on 11/10 with PM EMH until 2 am like last year. Fingers crossed!

I can't stay up past 10 pm at home. Put me at WDW and I can go forever. One of my best memories was a 3am close at WDW. I literally drowsed off on my feet standing over by the train station. But I kept going. My grandson is 6 and I've yet to see him drop. It's pixie dust.

I can't stay up past 10 pm at home. Put me at WDW and I can go forever. One of my best memories was a 3am close at WDW. I literally drowsed off on my feet standing over by the train station. But I kept going. My grandson is 6 and I've yet to see him drop. It's pixie dust.

It’s the same way that you can stay awake on New Year’s Eve (if you want to - I don’t!), or if someone is in hospital, or anything else where you want or need to stay awake.

You sleep in the next day and take it easy.

I'm hoping for MK to be open until midnight on 11/10 with PM EMH until 2 am like last year. Fingers crossed!
I can't sleep in, so that might be it. I haven't set an alarm in years. I just wake up before I need to !

What is this sleeping in that you speak of?! Haha

I wish I was a night person.

Not everyone will do it all again the next day.

Not everyone is on eastern time zone for a bit into the stay. Your 2am is my 11pm. It takes me a solid week, *no matter what I do*, to start getting onto the eastern time zone.

Not everyone will have started from parks-opening and gone all day.

Saw the announcement of hours changing for the week we are there. Didn't really help us much. Mk hours are later, but they have so many parties that week, that I suspect on those nights, MK will be packed.

Not everyone is on eastern time zone for a bit into the stay. Your 2am is my 11pm. It takes me a solid week, *no matter what I do*, to start getting onto the eastern time zone.

That’s a good point about time zones. We are coming from the U.K., so 2am is 7am UK time, which is hard. However, it means that being at the parks gates for 7am for EMH is very doable, as my body will think it is noon. Going east is much harder than west for me, but this is the advantage.

Lol dang.
I'm also not on Eastern time either. All I said was that I can't do it personally. Dang.

Acting like I'm attacking you.

A bit annoyed at my week, 10/21-26. Expected 11pm close on Mon and 1am close on Weds. Instead they're an hour shorter, which sucks because I love late night MK. Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter