Healthy Living around the World Showcase ~ June 2016 WISH Challenge!

Flossbolna

Sea days are just so relaxing!
Hello and :welcome: to this month’s WISH Challenge.

My name is Magdalene, and I will be your hostess for this month’s challenge. I hope many will join us for our "summer vacation" as we travel to a healthy lifestyle around Epcot's World Showcase!

For those of you that have not been there, here is a map for your first orientation:

worldshowcasemap.jpg

We will go on a grand tour around the world (as featured in the World Showcase, maybe with one or two excursions into Neverland) and enjoy, the sights, activities and of course food those countries have to offer - all while we work towards maintaining a healthy lifestyle!

Congratulations to everyone who was able to move towards their goal during the May Challenge that took us through our emotions Inside Out! A big thank you to @DisPup75 for the great challenge.

And if you are new to the WISH Board and these challenges, you are more than welcome to just jump in, we love newcomers! So, don’t be shy!

This challenge officially starts on June 1st, but if you find us later in the month, we’re still happy to have you join!

How does the WISH Challenge work?

WISH: stands for “We’re Inspired to Stay Healthy,” and that’s what we’re all about – living a healthy lifestyle. Whether you’re trying to lose some weight, trying to maintain your current weight, or trying to introduce some new healthy habits into your life (or stick to healthy habits you’ve already introduced), we’re here to help and support you.

General Overview: All you have to do is pick a goal for the month, and report in once a week to let us know how you’re doing. We’ll also have questions of the day, WooHoo Wednesdays, and weekly challenges … and we’re always here to chat, support you when you need some help, and celebrate with you when you’re doing awesome! We’ll have questions of the day to talk about, weekly challenges, and some other fun things going on … but all of that is optional. The only mandatory thing is committing to a healthy lifestyle, and letting us help you along the way!

Reporting In: Progress updates will be posted every Monday (6/6, 6/13, 6/20, 6/27), as well as a final progress report after the month ends. To be included in the progress update, all you have to do is report your percentage towards your goal, either here on the thread or via private message (just click my name and click “Start Conversation”). For example, if your goal is to lose 4 lbs and you’ve lost 2, just let me know somehow that you’re at 50%, and I will include you in the progress report. Many people here weigh-in over the weekend, but if you weigh-in during the week, that’s fine – use your normal weigh-in or reporting day (because not everyone tracks weight as their goal), and I will just include it on the next progress update. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, we are a friendly group and people are always happy to answer your questions.

Question of the Day: Each day Monday through Saturday we will have a question of the day posted to spark a discussion and hopefully help you in your healthy journey. Questions can range from sharing your goals to questions intended to make you reflect on your journey and what it means to you. Feel free to answer all of the questions or just the ones that appeal to you most – participation in the QOTDs is totally optional, but we’re happy to read anything you have to say. And of course, you are welcome to just join in the general chatting, too!

Weekly Challenges: @disneysarah introduced the weekly challenges back in March and they are back in June! Every Friday I will post a challenge, and you have until the following Thursday to answer the challenge. Challenges are about sharing with your fellow participants and bringing everyone closer to your favorite parts of living a healthy lifestyle. Challenges will hopefully allow us to share what we are most passionate about and introduce that to our friends in a way that helps them live a healthier lifestyle.

Please, pull up a chair, say hi, and join us for this month's challenge! We hope to have a great time working together to reach our goals!

Making the decision to life a healthier life may be a challenge, but participating in this challenge is easy. Just pick a goal, create a plan, and share your progress once a month.

In our weekly progress updates, you’ll get to see the color of your name change as you make progress towards your goal!

PERCENTAGE TOWARD GOAL
1% -10%
11% - 20%
21% - 30%
31% - 40%
41% - 50%
51% - 60%
61% - 70%
71% - 80%
81% - 90%
91% - 99%
100% OR MORE!

It will be up to YOU to decide on your goal, your plan, and to report your progress either here on the thread or through a private message to me every weekend. Send in your progress report any time before noon (Disney World time) on Monday morning, and I’ll try to post the progress report every Monday afternoon (life permitting). For the end of the month, send in your progress report any time before noon (Disney World time) on Friday, July 1st.

If you have multiple goals for the month (example: "I plan to walk 30 minutes a day AND I plan to drink 64oz of water a day") please EITHER pick one goal to use for your progress reports OR average them both together when giving your report. It's just much easier for tracking this way. If you only use one of your goals for progress reports, that doesn't mean we don't want to hear how you're doing on your other goals – please share all progress with us, even if it won’t end up in the progress update!

PROGRESS UPDATES:
Week 1 – Monday, June 6th
Week 2 – Monday, June 13th
Week 3 – Monday, June 20th
Week 4 – Monday, June 27th
Final Progress Report – Friday, July 1st

Last edited:
Challenge Participants:
@Flossbolna (Magdalene)
@courtneybeth
@Dr Gunnie (Josh)
@MochaDrinker
@mamattorney (Patty)
@Oneanne
@Lady Marie (Patricia)
@4Mickeys
@SarahDisney (Sarah)
@sjrec (Sandy)
@piglet1979 (Stephanie)
@donac (Dona)
@pjlla (Pam)
@ski_mom (Becky)
@DisPup75 (Maggie)
@dsnyfn1022 (Paige)
@DVCFan1994
@PrncessA (Sara)
@JacknSally
@Hazelon
@Zoesmama03 (Melissa)
@ohMom (Mollie)

Future Hosts:
July 2016: @courtneybeth
August 2016: @JacknSally
September 2016: @4Mickeys
September - December 2016: Your Name Could Be Here! Volunteers needed!!

Keeping Up With Your Fellow Participants:
Many of us use MyFitnessPal to track our food and exercise. If you’re a MFP user, please feel free to share your username so that we can all be friends and help support each other!
We also like to keep track of each other on social media – many of us are on Instagram, so please share your Instagram username if you want us to see the awesome pictures you share there!

MFP Usernames:

courtneybeth: courtney_beth
mamattorney: wagnerpe123
Oneanne: Popperfisk
Lady Marie: pmryan55
4Mickeys: 4Mickeys
SarahDisney: SarahLovesTink
piglet1979: stephanier32
Zoesmama03: shrinkinMel
dsnyfn1022: brownpaige1022

Instagram Usernames:
courtneybeth: courtneybeth83
Dr Gunnie: jholman34
MochaDrinker: ashleypewe81
Oneanne: Popperfisk
Lady Marie: p.ryan55
SarahDisney:
silkworms
dsnyfn1022: paigevader
JacknSally: @craftiest_place_on_earth
Zoesmama03: shuttermagik

Last edited:
And another :welcome: to everyone to Epcot and the World Showcase!

Please feel free to settle in and sign up for the challenge! We will start our healthy living tour around the World Showcase with our first question of the day on Wednesday, June 1st.

I'm down for June. I've gone with the 14lb goal each month since February, so I can't stop now. I'll wait until tomorrow's weigh-in for the official numbers.

My Instagram is jholman34. I'm trying to use it a little more.

Ready for the World Showcase theme, should be fun!

I'll join in for June, but will be on vacation from June 15th to the 27th and won't have access to internet from June 19th to the 26th (cruise), so not only will I be quiet for quite a bit of the month, but I'll have to think long and hard about a goal that will encompass the first half of the month when I'll be home and the second half- when things will be totally different!

MFP: wagnerpe123

I am in for this month. I know that I said that about last month but it was a truly crazy month. I will explain tomorrow when I introduce myself. I will be away this weekend. I am going to Wichita for a wedding this weekend. We leave on Friday morning and will be back very late on Tuesday. We have several places that we want to see that will include walking such as the zoo and the botanical gardens.

Quick intermediate announcement:

I had to rush off to my first physio appointment for my foot and therefore forgot to post the already prepared first question of the day. Need to save that word document where I prepare the questions in the cloud to be able to access it from work...

So, if you are impatient, go ahead and introduce yourself! Tell us who you are and what your goal for the month is! Otherwise, I promise to have the QOTD up and running by noon EST!

So, I think I have added everyone so far to the first post with all their details - let me know if you find a mistake!
Hi @Flossbolna - GREAT THEME! Count me in! :cheer2:

I've volunteered to host for July - so please add me to the host list.

MFP user name: courtney_beth
Instagram: courtneybeth83

:welcome: and congratulations for being the first to join up!! I also wanted to say well done for losing weight at WDW!! You are doing so well, it is truly inspiring!

I thought you did sign up for July, but did not find where you said that, so I left it empty! Thank you for hosting next month!

I'm down for June. I've gone with the 14lb goal each month since February, so I can't stop now. I'll wait until tomorrow's weigh-in for the official numbers.

My Instagram is jholman34. I'm trying to use it a little more.

Ready for the World Showcase theme, should be fun!

:welcome: Your 14 pound goals are really amazing and you are on such a roll! Hope you can keep it up in June.

I'm here and ready for June. Instagram is ashleypewe81

:welcome:

I'll join in for June, but will be on vacation from June 15th to the 27th and won't have access to internet from June 19th to the 26th (cruise), so not only will I be quiet for quite a bit of the month, but I'll have to think long and hard about a goal that will encompass the first half of the month when I'll be home and the second half- when things will be totally different!

MFP: wagnerpe123

:welcome: And you can make the first half of the month count and then try to do your best during the second half. Cruises are hard though! Where are you going on your cruise?

@Oneanne had a great system last month or in April to lose before the vacation and then not put on more than a certain number of pounds during vacation.

I'm in for June... Still working on my goals, so I'll check back in with them.

New to MFP... Popperfisk
Instragram... Also Popperfisk

:welcome:

I'm in for June as well! Lovin' the theme, @Flossbolna!

MFP: pmryan55
Insta: p.ryan55

:welcome: And I am happy that you love the theme!

I'm in for June - don't know my goal yet but I get an extra sneaky day to think about it (its already the morning of the first here!)

MFP: 4Mickeys (not that I have been very good at using it lately).

If no-one else wants to do it - I will host August.

:welcome: And thank you so much for volunteering to host August!! I am sure that you will love it and I find that hosting always gives me some extra motivation!

Hey guys! I'm back for another month. I'll re-introduce myself and whatnot tomorrow, just wanted to reserve my spot.

MFP Username: SarahLovesTink
Instagram: slkworks (same on twitter if any of you people want to read my random ramblings in 140 characters)

:welcome: back Sarah!

I am new to this, but have been following the May thread and have been inspired and motivated by your examples of resolve and positive outlook!
I would like to join in this month and I love the theme!

:welcome: to our WISH challenge AND to the DISboards! I see that this is your first post ever! I hope you will join in the chatter and have fun taking part here - and anywhere else on the DIS. I find that I get far more out of these boards when I am actively participating, but I understand that sometime there is not enough time and therefore people just read. We are happy to have you!

I am in for June. I am going to go low with weight loss since we have our trip in a few days. I am going with losing 3 pounds as my goal. I will come back with my mfp name later. I have to check what it is. I never pay attention to it.

:welcome: And I hope you have a fabulous trip!

I am in for this month. I know that I said that about last month but it was a truly crazy month. I will explain tomorrow when I introduce myself. I will be away this weekend. I am going to Wichita for a wedding this weekend. We leave on Friday morning and will be back very late on Tuesday. We have several places that we want to see that will include walking such as the zoo and the botanical gardens.

:welcome: Sounds like you have a great trip planned! And I hope June will be a bit quieter for you than May!

I"m here, I'm here! Did you save me a seat?? Happy JUNE everyone!! I am 99 days away from my trip to California (San Diego and Disneyland) and I am feeling VERY positive about fitting into my best Disney clothes!!

I'll do my intro when I get home tonight. I just wanted to be sure I got myself a good seat for the month! I noticed that a few "good friends" here on the WISH challenges didn't post much near the end of the month. I hope you ALL come join us for June.... if not, you may be getting a friendly PM from me ... because I DO miss hearing from you!! (You know who you are, right???)

Have a FABULOUS day (and remember... it is WOOHOO Wednesday, so find something to celebrate!)................P

My MFP name is stephanier32.

I am starting this month off down a surprising 2.4 pounds. The stress for today seems to be less. I still need to train my 2 new employees and one that hasn't been with us for a summer yet. The one employee that has been here since November is the one that is giving me the most stress. I need to get her comfortable with the summer process before I leave. However it seems to take her weeks to learn a very simple process even with a very detailed step by step list of instructions printed out. She won't be in until mid day today so I don't have much time to train her. Hopefully I can get her to understand it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter