HEARTBREAK: Flight cancelled - Cruise missed

Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave tomorrow for our cruise on the 21st--but I was in Orlando Saturday night trying to get back to the DC area==as we were boarding our very delayed USair flight we were told it was cancelled due to weather so we had to spend the night. Weather in DC area was apparently pretty awful==our flight was delayed from Orlando since the plane we were going back on was very late out of DC
I guess I am surprised about the passports as I would have tried flying to Nassau==I thought passports were required for the cruise--I guess if there is a lesson here it is definitely to have one.
Too bad it was too late to hop in the car and drive!

A courtesy or goodwill gesture from DCL is not necessary. It doesn't matter whether it costs them something or nothing. Disney holds no responsibility in the case of the OP missing his cruise. They should not be expected to offer anything PERIOD! DCL has policies in place for a reason and why should they be expected to throw them out the window when they are not at fault.

Didn't say it was necessary, that Disney had any responsibility, OR that it should be expected. Was just saying it would be a nice goodwill gesture, which in the past, Disney has been known to offer.

I think it's pretty well-established that DCL owes the OP nothing. But I also think it's pretty well-agreed (among MOST posters on this thread) that it sure would be nice if they offered some token (like the CC status or the re-booking discount they would have received had they sailed).

Just want to say, I join the multitudes of broken hearted. There is so much wisdom on this board. I took 10 minutes as a result of reading this and purchased my trip insurance for my upcoming trip that is May 12th. Love insuremytrip - $56 for peace of mind. best to the OP.

While there have been MANY posts on this thread (including mine) regarding how this is a good reminder of the value of trip insurance....didn't I read something from several posters about how this situation wouldn't have been covered by most trip insurance policies anyway, since the airport wasn't closed for 24 hours?

We usually buy trip insurance anyway, for the "cancel for any reason clause", because you just never know what might happen at the last minute (and also for the medical evaluation coverage). But without that clause, wouldn't the OP (and most folks, really,) be just out-of-luck in this situation, even with insurance in place?

Guess I'm trying to reconcile all the posts about "he should've bought trip insurance" with the posts that said "trip insurance wouldn't have done any good in this case anyway". Which, if that truly is the case, is a scary thing for those of us who rely on it for peace of mind!

This situation in no way is affecting my decision to NOT purchase trip insurance. I've purchased it one time only for our wedding and don't know that I'll ever purchase it again (unless going overseas or something). But I'm not going to now purchase it due to the OPs situation though. This hasn't swayed me a bit.

Seems all sides of this topic have been discussed over and over and is now time to close as there is nothing new to discuss.

MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter