Heffalumps and Woozles they're very confuzle...

kaoden39

<font color=peach>Prayers and pixie dust from your
Hello friends!!
It's that time, time to write another pre trip report!! Yay!! :cheer2:

The cast of characters are:

5cca1bed-5624-422b-b765-d33d663f2563_zpse794e6f7.jpg
/
5cca1bed-5624-422b-b765-d33d663f2563_zpse794e6f7.jpg

Myself, Michele your guide for this bumpy ride. Sorry about the picture size. Photobucket is being a pain extraordinary!

e576a9d6-0bb7-4488-82cb-692ad0f5893c_zpscisc4imj.jpg

Kody who is my major Peter Pan and fairy fan. Well, really anything Disney!!

F9DDF007-9C41-46A3-B652-B5013C9C4E3F_zpsidvladvs.jpg

And last but certainly not least Kacy. She is the true architect of this trip and the best souvenir I ever got from Disneyland.

This trip originally was supposed to happen in February but it got postponed. Then we were going to go on a Disney cruise and a whirlwind visit to WDW. But, due to health reasons we had to cancel that trip and put the effort back into a Disneyland trip. Frankly, I don't know about my girls but I maybe more excited for this Disneyland trip than I was was for any of the others.

When:
We are going to go September 13th thru September 19th. We are there for Dapper Day!! So excited for that. Our original trip was for that also so I guess this is a gift that we got back. I can hardly wait. So many plans are going into what to wear!!

Where:
There was really never any doubt. We were able to throw that cruise money into a 6 night stay at the Disneyland Hotel where it all began!! The last time we stayed here as a family it was in 2007 and I was extremely ill and I was planning what I thought was our last family vacation. It's funny how those things change. Here we are 8+ years down the road and we are going back.

There has already been so much planning going on that it's crazy. One of the big ones when you are going for Dapper Day is you need the right clothes to wear. I'm a big girl so I figure that I want to dress in a way that fits the big girl side of me. I am Disney bounding as Ursula. I ordered myself some purple leggings and a black shirt with a handkerchief hem. I am going to bling it up a bit. Add a bit of myself to it. Kacy bought me a bow she and Kody found at Hot Topic that is absolutely perfect.

bbba5326-d658-4baf-bf03-b921e0a18be3_zpsyor9qupb.jpg

If I didn't already have an outfit planned I would definitely plan from this.

Last edited:
Frankly, I don't know about my girls but I maybe more excited for this Disneyland trip than I was was for any of the others.

You're not the only one, I promise! :flower3: I'm definitely excited that Peter Pan is gonna be open this trip and I plan to ride it multiple times... even if I have to do it myself lol

You're not the only one, I promise! :flower3: I'm definitely excited that Peter Pan is gonna be open this trip and I plan to ride it multiple times... even if I have to do it myself lol

Kody,
I'm pretty sure Kacy's really excited too!

This whole trip started out a Dis Diva and Dapper Day trip for last February. Things happened and there were other expenses that came up and we had to cancel. Kacy, who should be a travel agent started planning a Disney cruise out of Port Canaveral with a quick trip to WDW. We were going to attack a park a day except Hollywood Studios. This would have been a major undertaking and we would be missing a lot of things I'm sure. But, my health has decided for me that it would be best if I don't leave the country. Sadly, we had to change plans again. Do you sense a trend? I certainly do!

Kacy, planning extraordinaire started planning a Disneyland trip for September because she hopes to see Halloween in the parks. She loves all things Halloween, the cornier the better. Sounds like a job for Disney. Plus, she knows that I would love to see the 60th celebration stuff. Have I mentioned that this whole trip is a gift from Kacy? Well, it is! She is paying for the 3 of us to have this extravaganza! If Kody finds a job (cross your fingers), will help Kacy with expenses. I'm saving money for various things as I can.

So far for the trip we have our hotel reserved and paid off. We are staying at the DLH as I mentioned before. We are really excited to stay there as it is our favorite hotel. We did briefly consider both Paradise Pier and Grand Californian but, we came back to our favorite. I plan to post some photos from our last family stay at the DLH, if I can talk the girls into letting me post pictures of them from 2007. I'm sure I will hear "but, I don't look like that anymore!" Yes, Kacy I'm talking about you!

Please join us in our planning party! I can promise that this will be anything but boring!

Hello! Hello! Hello! It's time to spice this thread up and maybe get some of you lurkers to start talking to me. I don't bite, I swear! Today I'm going to throw in some pictures of the Disneyland Hotel from 2007. I have some from 2011 also and I will be adding those in too!

df94697b-d39a-433d-bb83-4507ab9c1cc5_zpszyua1yha.jpg

Kody will probably shoot me for this one but it's a favorite of mine! This was in the lobby of the main tower where the registration desk is. No clue what the tower was called then or what it's called now. Sorry.

For some reason photobucket is being a pain and not letting me resize my photos anymore. :( So I either bombard you with fullsize or nothing gets posted. I guess patience pays off. Yay!!

a7e6d2f8-f042-46c8-bff1-d0ec8f05264d_zpsa86zep0i.jpg

Our view of the pool. This is the old Peter Pan themed pool.

b593d627-d7e2-456b-93d8-0b46bfee9f04_zpslq49k5fv.jpg

The Koi pond. I'm not even sure if it's there anymore.

b8079bce-344b-4538-a6e7-5417ceaef7b9_zpsyrupav7f.jpg

This is one thing that I truly miss from the hotel grounds. The waterfalls were a nice respite from the parks.

2f905202-f424-40f4-9211-abfd4b0388d1_zpswzokyl2k.jpg

The path behind the falls. It was so cool.

ef2992a5-b3c7-4185-9d46-4d8b16fe59a0_zpsf7bqamhz.jpg

The old head boards.

fa8b9d44-8daf-4b74-a873-1ce98c1866c7_zps137qpoxk.jpg

The old pool gate.

2bdfae38-b42b-47ce-b135-fed5660cbb1a_zpsfpmchmc7.jpg

This sign just tickles me. Why not 15?

15ec88ab-a203-49aa-a2b7-5d0d744b4ee7_zpsnqs3iabc.jpg

I've always loved this hat!

84981702-eeff-4ff7-906a-f12701e21b65_zpsqkvllddf.jpg

Goofy from our window. At this time you could open your windows. But, alas no more.

Hello! I'm following along! Love the photos of the old DLH. Peter Pan is one of my favorites as well and I would have loved that pool!!! You'll be there right before I go! Sounds like a fun trip you have lined up =D

Hi! :welcome:

I'm glad you liked the pictures! The pool was really cool and we will miss it! The new one looks cool too! We will be sure and leave the parks and the hotel in good condition for you!

I made a couple of purchases today. They were Dapper Day outfit connected.

0c07d22b-dd71-45e2-9a11-fdf69bce39d3_zpsxs1hinpp.jpg

These aren't quite what I wanted for my pant leg buttons but I think they are kind of fun.

183202ce-ac62-41ee-9c33-1ad1b9de5cc9_zpsuyrf2zvy.jpg

I got this charm with the thought of making a necklace with a black ribbon to wear. We shall see.

3be3f374-36ff-4e08-9852-9d647a7fb426_zpsx8cfl5ae.jpg

Here is a comb I made for Kody to wear in her hair for Dapper Day. This was the first attempt at this and I think instead of the black I will use a silver or white on the comb.

e051f2ac-e43f-4cfb-b618-c1370c09d337_zpsqf0mpjpg.jpg

This is a hairband I made just playing around. More to prove that I could do it I think. If nothing else I like it.

Last edited:
Sounds like a very fun girls trip! can't wait to see the Ursula Disneybound. I've always wanted to go Villain!

Last time we stayed at the DLH was also pre-reno, in 2009. They were justing starting up the reno. I've been to the pool (our PPH pool was closed when we were there in March 2013 and they let us use the DLH pool -- score!) and to the lobby at Christmastime. It all looks great and I would love to stay there again. I think the koi pond is gone for sure.

... and my daughter would give me grief at posting old "un-cool" photos of her with braces, bangs, etc. Too bad, she's not on the DIS to notice! :rolleyes1

PHXscuba

Thank you. Kody was cool with the picture. I warned her that I had used one and she pretty sure that I had used that one. She knows how much I love it. She's just trying to figure out how she ever liked that shirt. You did score on the pool. I stayed at the DLH in 2011 with my best friend during the rehab. We were lucky enough to get a room that was already finished I may share the pictures from inside the room from that trip.

Just a quick drive by posting. Since Kody is Disney bounding as Tinkerbell for Dapper Day she wanted a little jar of pixie dust for a necklace. So, I made her one.

dd69a139-14a6-40f1-8283-aad30e4929b3_zps3qjfkhqo.jpg

This is the first attempt. I think that we will be adding more gold glitter to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter