Height questions

I'm 6'0" and reached that height at about 15. Growing up, I hated it: all the teasing, the comments, being a head taller than every guy.... I finally "grew into" it in my 30s,and now (at 43) it doesn't bother me too much. But complete strangers STILL comment on my height all the time, which is hurtful and annoying.

My husband is also 6'0" and occasionally I'll wear heels for a special occasion but I admit I still feel weird about towering over everyone (and him.)

I remember an interview with Taylor Swift when she was like 18 and she said she used to feel uncomfortable wearing heels (at 5'10") because it made her so tall and that she owned all these heels because she loved them but she never wore any of them and then she realized how silly it was not to wear shoes she loved just because other people might judge her. Now I know TS isn't for everyone but I really loved that statement and it made me feel more comfortable wearing my heels now and towering over my husband sometimes - and anyone else who isn't 6' tall. Plus I work in an industry made up like 80% by Asians who tend to be shorter so I often feel like a giant - I just choose to see it as "statuesque" instead!

Im 5'3" - widh I was a tad taller
DH 6' - he is fine with that
1st DS - 5"11.5" - yes, that .5 matters to him
2nd DS - 6'4" - loves being tall..was a superstar Basketball player all through school
DD14 - 5'9" - Also plays basketball so loves her height then. She is just finishing 8th grade and boys now are just catching up to her. I think she was uncortable being one of the tallest in school.

As a parent, I can say the hardest heigh I have had a hard time with is my DD. Clothes are very hard to buy All her pants and shorts are short on her. She wears boots all winter to cover the gap. In the summer, its hard to find bermuda shorts that dont look like they are for her grandmother, or she is going off to prep school. Just wish they would make Jr. shorts and dresses a little longer...not just for her either !

No big thread or anything. I went pretty quiet on here when things fell in place because we couldn’t stop talking long enough...lol. He’s everything I wanted and didn’t think could all exist together, educated, handsome, sweet, but not too sweet, one of the smartest men I’ve met, gush, gush, gush. Small wedding with a judge that’s my dad’s best friend. He’s a polyglot and lived in Paris for years so our delayed honeymoon (due to his custody schedule, he has 50/50, so we decided to wait until bm used her summer time to go to Europe) will be Paris and probably Dublin; the last part we’re still discussing. So, that’s the run down. Sorry for the gushing, but if someone asks, I’ll gush. Being so in love; it’s hard to hold in.

Omg, When did I become this non pessimistic, super happy human?

You sound over the moon, I'm really so happy for you!! Your hubby sounds wonderful and I wish you a lifetime of happiness together :lovestruc Maybe you'll do a trip report for your honeymoon? I'd love to see pics of Paris!

You sound over the moon, I'm really so happy for you!! Your hubby sounds wonderful and I wish you a lifetime of happiness together :lovestruc Maybe you'll do a trip report for your honeymoon? I'd love to see pics of Paris!

Over the moon doesn't even begin! We can't wait to do WDW too.

I’m 5’4”. I’ve always liked my height. Never felt short, never felt tall.

My husband is 5’7”(those Italian genes lol) and he’s never minded. He’s very self confident and doesn’t care that he’s short.

5'7" is short?

Im 5'3" - widh I was a tad taller
DH 6' - he is fine with that
1st DS - 5"11.5" - yes, that .5 matters to him
2nd DS - 6'4" - loves being tall..was a superstar Basketball player all through school
DD14 - 5'9" - Also plays basketball so loves her height then. She is just finishing 8th grade and boys now are just catching up to her. I think she was uncortable being one of the tallest in school.

As a parent, I can say the hardest heigh I have had a hard time with is my DD. Clothes are very hard to buy All her pants and shorts are short on her. She wears boots all winter to cover the gap. In the summer, its hard to find bermuda shorts that dont look like they are for her grandmother, or she is going off to prep school. Just wish they would make Jr. shorts and dresses a little longer...not just for her either !

Not sure if this will help your DD at all, but I recently discovered skirt and shirt extenders and they have been game changing for me. I like to wear skirts at WDW but want them longer than I typically would wear everyday so I have purchased a skirt extender in black and cream and I love them. They are basically just slips with scalloping, ruffles or lace at the bottom so that they look nice under skirts and give you some added length. I also have a shirt extender for those times that I want to wear leggings but my shirt is just a little too short to cover.

I think it'd be so cool if we could change heights and experience different body types.

Can I sign up now for a day with larger boobs and thick hair????? I have baby fine hair, which has some perks, but for once I would like to know what having thick hair with any sort of texture would be like!

Can I sign up now for a day with larger boobs and thick hair????? I have baby fine hair, which has some perks, but for once I would like to know what having thick hair with any sort of texture would be like!

Yep, you can! I want a bootie, boobs and to be tall. None of that is happening though.

I am 5'6 1/2" and DH is 5'10 1/2". His dad and brothers all the same height. I'm the tallest woman on both sides of the family. DS17 is 6' and DS15 is 5'8" and they are both still growing, although the older one has slowed down a lot and the younger always seem to be outgrowing stuff lately. The kids love that I am the shortest in the house now :)

Not sure if this will help your DD at all, but I recently discovered skirt and shirt extenders and they have been game changing for me. I like to wear skirts at WDW but want them longer than I typically would wear everyday so I have purchased a skirt extender in black and cream and I love them. They are basically just slips with scalloping, ruffles or lace at the bottom so that they look nice under skirts and give you some added length. I also have a shirt extender for those times that I want to wear leggings but my shirt is just a little too short to cover.

Thank you! I have never heard of them, but will definitely look into it!

i am 5/9" and I wish I was even taller. My DH is 6'1", my DS, 21, is 6'3", DS 16, 5' 10.5" but he was a very very short child growing up, not sure if he would still grow or not. DD, 20, 5'5", DS12, 5'5.5". I do notice that it seems like boys especially are getting taller and taller. Every single short stature dad I know has sons that are considerably taller than them. Must be better diet nowadays I'm guessing.

I am just under 5'8" and my DH is just over 6'0. We are both happy with our height.

DD17 is about 5'5". She is fairly happy with her height, but wouldn't mind being an inch or so taller.

DD15 is 5' 3.5". She is very disappointed with her height. She hopes to be a professional ballet dancer and some companies won't even consider a female dancer who is under 5'4" or 5'5". So, she will have even more limited options than an "average" sized woman. It is very discouraging. I'm not sure if she is done growing yet, but she likely is.

I'm a bit surprised and disappointed that neither of my daughters are anywhere near my height.

I'm a bit surprised and disappointed that neither of my daughters are anywhere near my height.

I understand....I always had it in my head that i assumed my daughter would be taller too. Though I do have this interesting tidbit from my gf's husband who is a pediatric doctor. He told me this 20 years ago....he stated to me that this generation of most daughters are not surpassing their mother's height due to the growth hormones the milk industry inject into cow's milk, as girls are now starting their cycles earlier. My DD got hers at 12 and I got mine at freshman in high school. When he told me this...i really paid attention and realized that yes, it appears like 80% of daughters are not taller than their mothers. He also told me it does not affect sons though.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter