Hello Everyone!

cndncruiz

Mouseketeer
I think I have hit the jackpot with this site and a Canadian section to boot!:p

We have recently booked our very first major holiday with our dd and ds going on the 7 day Western Carribbean on the Disney Magic, December 6th, 2003!

We have never been to WDW before and my children have never
taken a major trip, although dh and I did take a cruise on NCL in 1997.

I am not sure if we should do the air package with the DCL or if we should book our own flights. Seems to me, it would be alot cheaper if I booked the flights ourselves and purchased the ground/baggage transfers and picked our own hotels etc. That way we can arrange our flights. I think that if we do the whole air package with DCL then we don't have a choice on flight times etc. Is that correct, does anyone have any information on this that you would like to share?

I thought I was planning very far in advance and am very excited to find all of you here.

:jester:

<font color=navy>Hi cndncruiz! :wave:

I've never cruised so I really can't help you out with those questions, but I did just want to give you a big welcome to the Canadian DIS board! Nice to "meet" you. :)

You are certainly right in that you did hit the jackpot here on this site. A 'warning' though... it can be very addictive, LOL. ;) :teeth:

Welcome aboard! :wave: </font>

Welcome to the DIS Canadian Boards!

You are correct that it is usually less expensive to book your flight separately, especially if you live near a US gateway where you can fly with Spirit or Southwest. I would purchase the DCL transfers however as they are quite reasonable and are very convenient. I am sure you will find this site really valuable, so please ask away.

I thought I would find cheaper flights on our own as well. Amazingly the cheapest flights at the time we went were the ones the cruise line offered. We took their flights. It was a pain not having the choice of flights. You have to take your chances. We ended up with pretty good flights.

I can only imagine how excited your family must be! That first major vacation, and to WDW no less, is such a thrill!!

I'd suggest you do some "cruising" on-line to see what kind of airfares you can get on your own. I've used Expedia.ca and found them to be the cheapest, but as someone else already mentioned, if you live close to the border, you can get really cheap flights from major US cities.

Make sure you check out all the boards.

Did you get your first time cruiser onboard credit?
Use code 'REF'

If you have the disney club member, you can get a bigger discount by quoting your membership number.

Doin' our first cruise in January and booked everything thru Disney, didn't know better!LOL

Then I found this site, great information all around!

And yeah! BEWARE! This board is an addiction!
But we all need one vice in our lives!LOL

Scratch
:smooth:

Truly, this is the neatest site. Look at all the information a person can get. Too exciting.

I haven't been on a forum since we first bought our computer when my dd was first born. I was on a parent forum and it was really neat and haven't seen anything like it until now.

I said to dh that I was pretty excited to find others like me, who LOVE Disney. I have been surfing for information as I mentioned for about three weeks, looking for reviews deals etc and to find this site is soooo great. What a better way to learn about WDW then from experienced people.

I live in BC and our entire family (dh's) is planning a trip to Disneyland in 2005, a big family adventure! We planned it because all of the grandchildren will be old enough to go on rides. We are keeping this a secret from everyone until closer to the date. I have read others that completely surprised their children and now am considering the same thing.

We always get travel updates from BCAA and had seen some inexpensive cruises and dh said, "How much is the Disney cruise?" I told him he would be sorry he said that. I have never been to Disneyland and have always been a HUGE Disney fan, all disney. I just love the feeling that it gives you.

I told dh I would probably cry when we get there because I will be so excited and happy and to see the kids faces. We chose to go now because DD thinks she is Simba, Belle and the Beast. Can you imagine her face while dining in Lumiere's surrounded by Belle and Beast. DS is going to be 6 at that time and will have his seventh bday on the Cruise.

Sorry to have such a long reply, just really thrilled to have found you all.

I am going to ask some more questions and reply to other notes now.

Thanks all.;)

Welcome aboard to DIS and the Canadian board.

Ask any questions very informative group here

Thanks E. Jane. I did see the best deals so far on Expedia. ca. We can go from Vancouver or Calgary. I was thinking that it would be safer to fly out of Vancouver as the weather would be more predictable. Has anyone had experience flying to WDW from Vancouver?

:)

Welcome to the DIS boards! So nice to "see" new faces and yep I'm sure you'll want to stick around and join in.:wave: :sunny:

WELCOME to the DIS, cndncruiz! :wave:

If you go to the Tech Board you can find out how to add a countdown clock to your signature. It's fun to watch the days count down to your trip! :sunny:

We're flying for the first time out of Vancouver to MCO (Americawest, great deals I think) on Christmas Day, usually we travel out of Seattle. Will let you know how I feel about flying out of Vancouver once we're back in January.

Happy planning!!

Great madge62.

Which airline are you flying out on? What time of day do you fly?

What part of the island do you live on?

We're flying out at 7:45 a.m. Christmas Day, short layover in Phoenix and then on to Orlando. We arrive 7:30 eastern time. The airline is AmericaWest.
We actually live in the mid-Island area, how about you?

Oh. I saw America West and it looked like a good connection and price. That isn't Spirit West though is it? Have you flown with them before?

So are you in Nanaimo? I lived in Vic for six years but am from
P.G. and am back here now.

I will be interested to hear how your flight is.

No, I don't think they have anything to do with Spirit West. They're based out of Phoenix tho.

I'm just outside Nanaimo actually, although I do work there. Ooh, must be chilly in PG right about now. We're enjoying lots of rain here on the "wet" coast. Looking forward to some Florida sun..............

Nope, not chilly at all unfortunately. It has been very spring like last week and this week.

I would like the snow to come so that it doesn't stick around until April.

The spring like weather is enjoyable though for the time being.

Please let me know how your flight goes. I am interested in that airline as I have never heard of it before.

Have a great trip.

No, I don't think they have anything to do with Spirit West. They're based out of Phoenix tho.

I'm just outside Nanaimo actually, although I do work there. Ooh, must be chilly in PG right about now. We're enjoying lots of rain here on the "wet" coast. Looking forward to some Florida sun..............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter