Hello

zadyla

Earning My Ears
I guess it's time to de-lurk. :wave: I have been lurking for a few weeks and I am glad that I found this board.

My name is Robin and I am planning my first trip to WDW. My dh went every summer while growing up but this will be his first time in decades. We are taking our three children and I am so excited! I can't wait to see their faces when they see Cindy's castle and Mickey for the first time.

We are going the second week of December to take advantage of the smaller crowds and holiday decor. I also think it would be easier for my sons to miss the week before Christmas vacation vs. other times of the school year.

We are currently planning on staying at POR AB because my youngst will be 3 1/2 when we go and that would mean 5 staying in one room. That seems to be our only option other than a deluxe resort and I am afraid that I will get spoiled and will be unable to stay any where else. I have already read many great things about POR so I think we are making the right choice.

I am looking forward to learning a lot from all of the great people here.

Hi Robin and Welcome to the DIS :wave:

What a wonderful time of year to go :) I know you will have a fab time!

First of all welcome to the Disboard, zadlya :wave:

We went last year the 2nd week of Dec. to attend the MVMCP and that is true the crowds are light. We did not have to do any fast passes. If I can remember the longest line was about 15min. The decor of the parks and the hotels are simply beautiful! :earseek:

We stayed at the WL, if your budget allows, you might want to look into it. This was our first time staying at the lodge and now we are hooked on the lodge. We are in the process of planning our trip for MNSSHP.

Have fun planning and welcome

:wave:

Welcome Robin! You are going to DW at a great time of yr, and you will like PO. Happy planning!

Welcome Robin :wave:

Glad you finally decided to de-lerk :blush: I have found this board to be extremely helpful and there are so many caring people on this board. Most of all I am learning it can also be alot of fun to share our love for Disney. i have stayed at POR it is a very beautiful place. The boat ride to downtown disney is really nice too. My DH and I are hoping to Go the first week in December. My Dh says we can go when we have the money saved. So I have a little Disney box and any extra goes in the box. Each week I say Now we a can stay one day or the next week one day and one park. It keeps the excitement going. Have a lot of fun learning all about dis. Don't be afraid to ask anything even if it sounds stupid for I am sure the are others who once wondered the same thing and the kind people here took the time to answer it.
:grouphug:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know everyone better and learning as much as I can about Disney.

Just wanted to welcome you to the boards,and I'm so glad that you're now delurking,posting is such fun!
See you on the boards,have a magical day!
Kirsten in snowy Nova Scotia :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter