• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help I Broke my wrist

I broke my shoulder(humerus bone) 5 weeks ago and leave for Disney two weeks from today. I’ve resigned myself to not riding any bumpy/jolting rides this trip. That’s going to mean sitting outside while my family goes on a lot of attractions. But a lot depends on your circumstances and age; I’m 70 and this is around my 20th+ trip to Disney. A shoulder is also harder to hold still than a wrist.
Talk to your doctor about your options, and if this is first and maybe only trip for a long time, consider postponing. Good luck to you!

I broke my wrist on October 10th and I am going to Disney on the 24th. Someone please help me. I am in extreme pain because the doctor put me in a brace and not a cast. I might call them to see if they can put me in a cast on Monday. If i choose the cast will I not be able to go on the cool and big roller coaster rides.
I was in a car accident a few years ago right before our trip, and I know your pain. I had to have a cast on my right arm. We went on our trip as planned and I did everything I usually would do except I couldn't swim, which was a bummer. Our trip was in August though, and it was so hot and uncomfortable wearing it, but I still enjoyed myself.

My husband broke his wrist before a Disneyland trip. Wore a cast and went on and did everything he wanted.
Yep. My 3.5yo broke his wrist in August, went to the parks with the cast, and did great. Only downside was no pool (his ortho didn't want to do a water cast on him). You'll be feeling better by then, hopefully. Enjoy!

Don't they have fiberglass casts now instead of plaster? I thought the newer casts if not completely water proof are much better at being water resistant?
The problem is if water gets into the cast, my son got his cast wet when he broke his ankle, had to get it replaced that day.

A have complete distal radius fracture. It is often referred to as a wrist fracture. I did not get a CT for almost a week. I am not sure if I am considered in week 2 or 3 of the fracture since I kept using/hurting it without the splint and it was still completely fractured on the CT. I have a hard splint that goes a few inches to my elbow to nearly my knuckles. It can come off for a shower and cleaning. It is adjustable. The pain has levelled off in the last few days but that is really only applicable to me. I would not have much of an issue going to Disney now. I can coach hockey for example and carry light loads with that wrist. Last week it would have bothered me on rides that required both hands like FOP but I would have managed.

I like the splint and would not want a cast at all.

I would talk to your doctor. I broke my wrist 3 weeks ago and will be out of the cast in a few days. It really depends on how severe the break is and where it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter