HELP!!!! Keurig CRAWLING with....

Keurigs are too expensive for me to throw away! :eek:

So it's hot water and de-scaling for now. We have had an ant problem in the kitchen in the past but thought I had it under control with traps. Apparently they've returned in my coffee maker.

I should probably turn to a professional for my ant problem.......

Thought ants were a 'summertime' thing - never had them in the winter! Absolutely, you do not need to throw your Keurig away!

Ants can be gotten rid of by vinegar and hot water - also as a pp said, do that, then seal it in a plastic bag a few days. Keep flushing it til everything is very clean, then you are good to go.

Wonder why they were attracted to begin with?? Do you use a lot of sweet drinks, then leave your k-cup in?? That's a big 'no-no' no matter if you only use coffee in it - it will clog the needle big time as it dries in there - always remove it immediately.

Mine is a small single use Keurig - did not want one with a reservoir as I like my coffee water to be fresh for each cup.

Good luck!! Love my Keurig!!! :love:

Thought ants were a 'summertime' thing - never had them in the winter! Absolutely, you do not need to throw your Keurig away!

Ants can be gotten rid of by vinegar and hot water - also as a pp said, do that, then seal it in a plastic bag a few days. Keep flushing it til everything is very clean, then you are good to go.

Wonder why they were attracted to begin with?? Do you use a lot of sweet drinks, then leave your k-cup in?? That's a big 'no-no' no matter if you only use coffee in it - it will clog the needle big time as it dries in there - always remove it immediately.

Mine is a small single use Keurig - did not want one with a reservoir as I like my coffee water to be fresh for each cup.

Good luck!! Love my Keurig!!! :love:
I used to clean the drip thingie out at work all the time - people would overflow/spill/whatever, and there would always be a huge, sticky "blob of stuff" in there, and they usually only used it for coffee, and that made it yucky enough!

I used to clean the drip thingie out at work all the time - people would overflow/spill/whatever, and there would always be a huge, sticky "blob of stuff" in there, and they usually only used it for coffee, and that made it yucky enough!

Well, guess you can't 'fix' slobs at work! :goodvibes

I'm the only one using mine, so never have any type build up. There's absolutely nothing there to attract an ant!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter