"Help me choose a paint color" picture thread

Aimeedyan, somehow I never saw your pics! I wish they were bigger. Your colors look great!

Hi,

Do you still have the formula for the SW paint in your bedroom? I love the tan-goldish color.

Thanks!

Linda

It's been a while, and this thread sort of faded away, but I did finally choose a color and I am very happy with it. It's similar to the color that TaraP posted. I never could find the Haycock brown, but this is Benjamin Moore "Coppertone". The pictures don't show it accurately, but it's close. Looks more brown when it's dark or cloudy, more orangy when it's sunny.

We hired painters for this and I'm so glad, with the heights. I still need to hang pictures, but at least I've already chosen the color for the upper hallway. (A deep green. )
273485471_kr6id-L.jpg

273483923_UA5fx-L.jpg

273484853_w3nQR-L-1.jpg

Anyone else make a choice to show? I have a lot more rooms to choose color for! :)

GREAT choice elizke!! Looking at the pics with paint & then going back & looking at the pics with white walls - isn't it amazing how color can just make the room? It looks so warm & inviting now! I was just re-reading some of the posts & someone pointed out that what I was calling Haycock is actually called Hopsack - I'm wondering if I had lost my mind & typed the wrong color, or if they changed it at some point? I'm not sure I have paint from either color leftover to even check.

Oh by the way, my tray ceiling is still not done!!!

Aimeedyan, somehow I never saw your pics! I wish they were bigger. Your colors look great!

They were bigger at one time :confused3 I will post some updated one (I redecorate constantly anyways... :rolleyes1)

I love the color you chose!!

Swiss Chocolate by American Traditions (dark chocolate brown)

ry%3D400

This is a better shot of the brown:
ry%3D400

Milk Chocolate by Valspar
ry%3D400

We evidently have a thing with chocolate themed paint :laughing:

Nomadic Desert by Sherwin Williams (I now have this through dining/living/breakfast)
ry%3D400

I can't remember this color but I posted it a couple pages back with a teensy picture
ry%3D400

This is a color match that I kept doctoring :laughing: I hope we never have to repaint any of it - I'll never get it right!
ry%3D400

I forgot about this thread! We finally decided on wallpaper as we have a 100 yr old house. This is the end result. I still want to paint all the wood white!!!

3647716108_8531f841a5_m.jpg
3646911009_0875fb48d6_m.jpg
3647715006_0d8c0047fc_m.jpg

This is an old thread, but I never saw this last post, and I love the wallpaper cabmom! Looks perfect for a historical home.

I actually miss wallpaper. :goodvibes

OMG! I remember this thread - from 3 years ago!!!!!

Sorry to say my tray ceiling in my master is STILL NOT DONE!!!

BUT - I have new painting to do - we're having the basement finished right now. I'm thinking of just doing the whole thing in the SW Latte that I had in the upstairs family room, because it's neutral & will hide dirt (I'm hoping!). I also have a full bath & bedroom down there to think about. The bathroom sink is one of those antique-looking pieces of furniture in dark wood - hmmmmm. I always say I'm not a fan of blue but I saw a Lowe's ad with the same sink & a blue color on the walls that looked awesome. It was a deep blue, but like Caribbean blue - but not bright. Hard to explain. Does anyone have some blue colors to show me??? I do have blue/grey in my boy's bathroom, but don't want to do that again.

Ok I think I might have solved the mystery brown color from Sherwin Williams. I went online & it's on color swatch #16 in the browns/neutrals. Latte is there - and I know my darker brown, that I had been calling Haycock, was 2 shades below that on the card. Now someone on this thread had called SW & they said they discontinued Haycock & it was now Hopsack. Well Hopsack IS there on the same card, but only 1 shade down. I can see that is a tad lighter than what is on my walls. So 2 shades down is now called Steady Brown, so I'm going to assume THAT is what is on my walls! No guarantees that they didn't change the shade/formula when they changed the name, but it does look the same to me.

16SW6110 Steady Brown
Interior/Exterior
Color Collection:SW Color Color Family:Warm Neutrals Color Strip:16 RGB Value:R-136 | G-110 | B-75Hexadecimal Value:#886E4BLRV:17←

TaraPA, we have SW Latte in our master bedroom and painted the master bath SW Meditative. I really dislike blue but this color hue is soothing to me. We have both of those colors plus chocolate brown accents in the bedding, towels and decor. Everything blends well.

Thanks for the suggestion of Meditative. I'll pick up a color card with that on next time I'm in. It looks a little lighter than I want (online) - I'm thinking more a deep teal/blue. And I think I'm changing my mind on the rest of the basement, I do love the Latte but I think I will go one shade darker & do Hopsack. It's a large area so a darker color will be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter