Help Me Pick a Resort-January/February (Unique Offer Code)

Haley R

DIS Veteran
Okay I really need everyone's help! Dh and I got a Unique Offer Code in the mail for next year. We said we wouldn't go back to WDW next year because we already went 3 times this year (after October) and are going to Japan next year, but these offers are too good to pass up. We are looking at January 26-February 2. We have never seen the Arts festival so that would be the one new thing for us. We have never done the water parks, but I'm assuming it will be too cold that last week of January. Here are the deals I'm seeing:

Pin Code Choices (Jan 26-Feb 2, 7 nights)
  1. All Star Movies Preferred - $110/night $770 total
  2. Caribbean Beach King Bed - $172/night $1204 total
  3. Saratoga Springs Deluxe Studio - $250/night $1750 total
  4. Cabins at Fort Wilderness - $285/night $1995 total
  5. Art of Animation Cars Suite - $293/night $2051 total
  6. Yacht Club Garden or Woods View - $312/night $2184 total
  7. Boardwalk Garden View - $329/night $2303 total
  8. Old Key West 1-Bedroom Villa - $340/night $2380 total
Gift of Magic Offer (Jan 26-Feb 2)
Old Key West Deluxe Studio - $268/night $1876 total

These are all resorts that would be new to us so I really do need some insight. I have a general idea for how much these resorts normally cost, but I'm not sure which one of these are exceptional in terms of % off.

We would most likely do a split stay (as long as that is allowed with the Unique Offer Code). We normally do a 3/4 night split between resorts with a more expensive and less expensive mix.

The trip would most likely be for relaxing at the resort and going to the Arts festival since we will be going to WDW at the end of this month and there won't be a lot of new stuff for us to see in January. We already have 4-base tickets that were given to us. I'll take any and all ideas!

Last edited:
We always split, too. I love the deluxes and don't want to book them without a good discount. YC or BW would get you close to the arts at Epcot, plus the ability to walk to 2 of the 4 parks. I've been to waterparks that time of year, but it wasn't as warm as I would have liked. I also like the BWI at that price and the garden views are pretty there.

We always split, too. I love the deluxes and don't want to book them without a good discount. YC or BW would get you close to the arts at Epcot, plus the ability to walk to 2 of the 4 parks. I've been to waterparks that time of year, but it wasn't as warm as I would have liked. I also like the BWI at that price and the garden views are pretty there.
Thanks for your input! I'm going to save it on my document and see which get the most votes! If we did BW or YC what would you choose as the cheaper option to split with?

Thanks for your input! I'm going to save it on my document and see which get the most votes! If we did BW or YC what would you choose as the cheaper option to split with?

I was going to say WL, but I see it's even more expensive than the BW and BC, so I'm not sure. We've split with AKL when it was less expensive and loved it there. I haven't stayed at most of the places on your list, though, so I really don't know. If I was going to choose a moderate I'd be leaning towards POFQ or POR but I see they aren't on your list. Sorry I can't help more.

We have done splits but really try not to unless its an availability issue so I would pick either BW or YC with leaning towards YC.

I was going to say WL, but I see it's even more expensive than the BW and BC, so I'm not sure. We've split with AKL when it was less expensive and loved it there. I haven't stayed at most of the places on your list, though, so I really don't know. If I was going to choose a moderate I'd be leaning towards POFQ or POR but I see they aren't on your list. Sorry I can't help more.
We’ve stayed at AKL and both of the port Orleans so I didn’t include them. We like to try new resorts each time. Do you think $250 for Saratoga is a good deal? I’m considering movies since it’s only $110 for a preferred room and they are renovating them right now.

We have done splits but really try not to unless its an availability issue so I would pick either BW or YC with leaning towards YC.
Thanks for your input! We will definitely do a split stay. If you had to pick, which cheaper resort on my list would you put with YC?

Okay I really need everyone's help! Dh and I got a Unique Offer Code in the mail for next year. We said we wouldn't go back to WDW next year because we already went 3 times this year (after October) and are going to Japan next year, but these offers are too good to pass up. We are looking at January 26-February 2. We have never seen the Arts festival so that would be the one new thing for us. We have never done the water parks, but I'm assuming it will be too cold that last week of January. Here are the deals I'm seeing:

Pin Code Choices (Jan 26-Feb 2, 7 nights)
  1. All Star Movies Preferred - $110/night $770 total
  2. Caribbean Beach King Bed - $172/night $1204 total
  3. Saratoga Springs Deluxe Studio - $250/night $1750 total
  4. Cabins at Fort Wilderness - $285/night $1995 total
  5. Art of Animation Cars Suite - $293/night $2051 total
  6. Yacht Club Garden or Woods View - $312/night $2184 total
  7. Boardwalk Garden View - $329/night $2303 total
  8. Old Key West 1-Bedroom Villa - $340/night $2380 total
  9. Wilderness Lodge Courtyard View - $367/night $2569 total
Play, Stay, Dine Deal (Jan 26-Feb2)
  1. All Star Movies Preferred - $2587 total
    1. 4-day base tickets and disney dining plan
Gift of Magic Offer (Jan 26-Feb 2)
Old Key West Deluxe Studio - $268/night $1876 total

These are all resorts that would be new to us so I really do need some insight. I have a general idea for how much these resorts normally cost, but I'm not sure which one of these are exceptional in terms of % off.

We would most likely do a split stay (as long as that is allowed with the Unique Offer Code). We normally do a 3/4 night split between resorts with a more expensive and less expensive mix.

The trip would most likely be for relaxing at the resort and going to the Arts festival since we will be going to WDW at the end of this month and there won't be a lot of new stuff for us to see in January. We already have 4-base tickets that were given to us. I'll take any and all ideas!
I would nab the Boardwalk Garden View. We had that view and looked out at a beautiful courtyard. The BWI is beautiful- prettier than Yacht Club, which is also close to Epcot & in a similar price range.

Last edited:
I would nab the Boardwalk Garden View. We had that view and looked out at a beautiful courtyard. The BWI is beautiful- prettier than Yacht Club, which is also close to Epcot & in a similar price range.
Personally, I think a BW garden view is nicer than YC’s, and I think BW in general is the better resort.
Even with the newly renovated rooms at yc and stormalong bay?

Even with the newly renovated rooms at yc and stormalong bay?
You're not going to do much at Stormalong Bay in midwinter. And the renovated rooms at Yacht Club don't appeal to me personally as they lack theming. I loved the rooms at Boardwalk Inn as they still have the classic, detailed theming that Disney is systematically removing from its deluxe resort rooms with every renovation.

Which cheaper resort would you pair with it for a split stay? Thanks!
I would probably do Saratoga but I personally have no desire to stay at AS. As far as value goes I think YC is a good one...do you definitely have to do a split? I was in Disney this past feb (first week) and we are going back again in Jan (last week into beginning of feb). It was hot when we were there in feb—im talking shorts and swimming weather and we were in the Poly pool almost every day. YC would have the advantage there. The arts festival was really fun too so I’d rather be able to walk to Epcot.

You're not going to do much at Stormalong Bay in midwinter. And the renovated rooms at Yacht Club don't appeal to me personally as they lack theming. I loved the rooms at Boardwalk Inn as they still have the classic, detailed theming that Disney is systematically removing from its deluxe resort rooms with every renovation.
Oh I actually like the looks of the new rooms at yc, but overall it’s pretty similar to bc which we are staying at this month. Decisions decisions lol

I didn’t think the rooms at YC were anything special. I like the rooms at BW better. My kids loved the pool, but in January I would take BW over YC. I think the overall atmosphere is just more “special” at BW.
Thanks for your input! If you had to pick a cheaper resort to split stay with which one would you choose from my list?

I would probably do Saratoga but I personally have no desire to stay at AS. As far as value goes I think YC is a good one...do you definitely have to do a split? I was in Disney this past feb (first week) and we are going back again in Jan (last week into beginning of feb). It was hot when we were there in feb—im talking shorts and swimming weather and we were in the Poly pool almost every day. YC would have the advantage there. The arts festival was really fun too so I’d rather be able to walk to Epcot.
Wow I didn’t think it could be that warm at that time of year! That definitely makes me rethink some things. I’d really like to try the water parks but it seems like weather could be hot or cold. We don’t HAVE to do a split stay but we like to. Our goal is to try every resort so would really like to do a split stay. I was liking the looks of Saratoga too. The $110 at movies is hard to pass up since they are renovating their rooms.

Wow I didn’t think it could be that warm at that time of year! That definitely makes me rethink some things. I’d really like to try the water parks but it seems like weather could be hot or cold. We don’t HAVE to do a split stay but we like to. Our goal is to try every resort so would really like to do a split stay. I was liking the looks of Saratoga too. The $110 at movies is hard to pass up since they are renovating their rooms.
I packed for every season (I actually had coats and sweaters in our suitcases) because I know it can be cold but we were in summer clothes and bathing suits the whole time so don’t rule out the possibility of pool time. Maybe do the first couple nights at AS and then finish with BW so you can really enjoy Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter