Help Me Pick a Resort-January/February (Unique Offer Code)

I love the EP resorts and though I typically prefer BWI over BC/YC, I always go with whatever is cheapest in that area. Both pools are great and no matter where you stay, you can still stroll over and see the entertainment on the Boardwalk in the evening. The newly renovated rooms at YC are fantastic, IMHO. YC gets my vote - great resort, save a few bucks!

Of the resorts on your list that are cheaper, I would probably just go with ASMo. The construction situation at CBR would worry me. The rest on your list aren't worth the extra cost, IMHO.
I think we will be able to make a better decision after this October trip since we are staying at BC. We will probably walk through both YC and Boardwalk to see which one we would rather stay in. We would only save about $100 total to stay at YC so not a huge difference.

It's so tempting to stay at ASMo for $400, but if we only go for 4 nights an Epcot resort would make more sense because we would be at Epcot most of the time. I think on Tom Bricker's blog he stated that CBR is looking a lot closer to being done and he wouldn't hesitate to stay there in 2019. Even with him saying that I think we would want to wait until the Skyliner is finished to stay there. Thanks for your input!

I would do BW or YC and split with CBR.. the new Old Port Royale area looks nice!

ETA: since you aren’t doing a split anymore I would definitely do YC or BW! Probably a slight edge to YC.
I think I like the rooms better at YC and if it happens to be nice out I would rather have Stormalong Bay than the creepy clown lol. I absolutely hate clowns. I'm sure we will have a better idea after our October trip. Thanks for your input!

I would hesitate to book ASM because there are a lot of foreign tour groups that stay at the value resorts in January and early February.

We stayed at BWI once and didn't care for the layout of the resort and lack of interior food options. I would pick the YC because I [refer the food options there and the rooms look really nice.

We have traveled to WDW in late January and early February many times, and most often it is too cold for water parks. We have had times where it was warm enough to swim in the afternoon, but most of the times the weather is a little cool and sometimes cold. Florida is unpredictable, though, so you have to plan for everything. :)

I would hesitate to book ASM because there are a lot of foreign tour groups that stay at the value resorts in January and early February.

We stayed at BWI once and didn't care for the layout of the resort and lack of interior food options. I would pick the YC because I [refer the food options there and the rooms look really nice.

We have traveled to WDW in late January and early February many times, and most often it is too cold for water parks. We have had times where it was warm enough to swim in the afternoon, but most of the times the weather is a little cool and sometimes cold. Florida is unpredictable, though, so you have to plan for everything. :)
I didn’t know about the foreign tour groups at that time of year so that’s good to know.

I really am leaning towards YC but we will see. My TA has wilderness lodge at $310/night but it isn’t next to Epcot so I’m hesitant to book there. We’ve never stayed there but it would only be good for DAH.

If we only go for 4 nights we won’t do the water parks. I’m a little bummed because this trip we’re taking in 16 days was booked with our TA so we get the water park included in our ticket but we just don’t have any time to go this trip unless we want to give something else up.

That’s exactly how I’m feeling! Dh wants to go to Arizona instead and do some national parks but I don’t get these codes ever! Some of those deals are so good but the only new thing for us would be the arts festival which doesn’t appeal too much to me. Our code technically goes until the beginning of March and then there is a second set of dates from March to June but it’s not as good of a deal. I can’t decide!
Does the code state you have to stay 7 nights? Otherwise it’s not making sense to go from no trip to 7 nights, why not just a long weekend?

As an Arizona native it’s seriously perfect there in the winter. Let the husband have a say and go play in nature!

Does the code state you have to stay 7 nights? Otherwise it’s not making sense to go from no trip to 7 nights, why not just a long weekend?

As an Arizona native it’s seriously perfect there in the winter. Let the husband have a say and go play in nature!
I never said we had to go for 7 nights. I actually said a couple posts up that we are thinking about going just for 4 nights instead so we could do Arizona also.

ETA: sorry that came out a little more rude than I intended it to

Last edited:
That’s exactly how I’m feeling! Dh wants to go to Arizona instead and do some national parks but I don’t get these codes ever! Some of those deals are so good but the only new thing for us would be the arts festival which doesn’t appeal too much to me. Our code technically goes until the beginning of March and then there is a second set of dates from March to June but it’s not as good of a deal. I can’t decide!
We just did a split stay between BCV and BWV and I preferred BC for the pool, layout and overall experience (had a major issue with magic bands at BW and it was the end of the trip so I wasn’t happy with 2 hours of standing around) but my main goal was walking in and out of Epcot so any of them would be great

I never said we had to go for 7 nights. I actually said a couple posts up that we are thinking about going just for 4 nights instead so we could do Arizona also.

ETA: sorry that came out a little more rude than I intended it to
No apologies needed! I didn’t see the post about less nights which makes sense but really I was just wondering if the code was only good for 7 nights. Glad to see that it’s not. Really though after 3 times in less than a year don’t feel pressured into doing more, that’s a lot!

No apologies needed! I didn’t see the post about less nights which makes sense but really I was just wondering if the code was only good for 7 nights. Glad to see that it’s not. Really though after 3 times in less than a year don’t feel pressured into doing more, that’s a lot!
I'm not sure if there even is a minimum on the code offer. We have until 1/29 I think to book the offer since it goes all the way until June. We will probably go on our trip this month and see how it goes. I'm finally getting excited since it's only two weeks away. We booked it back in March so my excitement disappeared for a bit while I planned our Japan trip! I think Phoenix would be a lot of fun, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter