Help Me Pick Dates - MVMCP & MK

MrsSaraG

Mouseketeer
I've only had one trip to WDW in 2015. We went to MK on 2 party days (MNSSHP) and had a blast. But because of that we missed Wishes (we went to one MNSSHP so we saw HalloWishes). I don't want to experience the same thing this time and miss HEA. We are going to WDW Nov 10-18. We are planning on going to MVMCP. I would love to go to MK on a non-party day to enjoy HEA (and possibly do the dessert party.) . My issue comes in because there are party days Nov 12, 13, 15, and 16. The only non-party days are Nov 11, which is the last day of F&W so I wanted to attend that. Or Nov 14, which was our planned day off. Or Nov 17 but I was planning on hitting up AK or HS because of Pandora and TSL. I wanted to ensure I got FP+ those days.

Suggestions? We are definitely doing MK two days (one being a party day). Should I move our day off earlier in the week? Is that the best option?

Not sure if this matters but we are staying at AKL.

You could always still take your day off from the parks on 11/14 and just go to MK for the fireworks. It’s really not that much to add extra days to park tickets once you’re at 5+ days.

I would either move your rest day and go on Nov. or go to AK and DHS on an MK party day so you can go to MK on Nov. 17. If you are only going to MK to primarily see HEA, as PP suggested, you might just want to put that on your rest day and go to the park in the evening for the dessert party. We've done that a few times with a multi-day ticket (so it doesn't feel like we are spending a ton of money on an extra ticket). We will spend the day at the resort, have an early dinner, do 3 evening FP+ at MK and then do the dessert party. MK will be quite crowded that day, so it gives you at least a little time to enjoy MK without battling crowds all day long.

What about adding a day to your tickets and going to MK on the night of your planned off day for the dessert party and HEA? It looks like you already have 6 or 7 day tickets so adding an extra day will not be that high of an expense. That way you can leave all your other planned days as is.

Thanks for all the responses!

The problem with adding a day is we are getting discounted tickets through my husband's work. They only offer 7 or 10 day tickets. I know we can add a day once we are at the parks but how would that work with not buying directly from Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter