Help me plan my last TS meal!

christinadei

<font color=red>Tagless for eternity (well, until
Its me, DH and DS6. WE are doing the free dining and I need one more place to eat. It will be on our AK day. So we'll leave AK and go there. It can be in a park or resort (we'll have AP's). But it needs to be only 1 TS each. We will be paying OOP for DS.

I already have:

Chef Mickey's
50's Prime Time
Coral Reef
Crystal Palace
O'hana's (breakfast)

I don't want another character meal, as we already have 3. I was thinking of maybe WCC, Ohana Dinner, Concourse (but we've been there before and I'm trying to choose new restaurants) or maybe Teppenyaki? Something nice or fun! Thanks for the help!

WCC would be a great choice, but nearer to AK is Boma. It's not quite as fun, but the food is better, and more interesting.

You know, Boma is a great idea! I've always wanted to try it. I'll have to think about that. Is it good for a picky eater?

Not-so-much, but is anyplace really "good" for a "picky eater"? We found that our picky eater became less picky when it was important for her to be less picky.

There's always the typical kid selections if someone is very picky.

While DH & DD will eat almost anything, I'm very picky. We tried Boma on our AK day & I didn't need to eat the kid food.

For us, Boma wasn't one of our favorites, but I'm glad we tried it. We're going back with extended family & they want to try Boma, so we'll be going on our AK day again.

Try a brownie. :) I skipped over the brownie when I got us a dessert plate because I didn't want to waste room on a brownie when there were all of these great desserts. DH came back later with a brownie. They have the best brownies.

christinadei said:
You know, Boma is a great idea! I've always wanted to try it. I'll have to think about that. Is it good for a picky eater?

Who is the picky eater? A grown-up or child? If your DS is the picky eater, there is plenty of the traditional kid-friendly foods like chicken strips, mac n cheese, spaghetti and lots of fresh fruit at Boma. If one of the adults is a picky eater, then Boma may not be the best bet for you. WCC is better for the grown-up pickey eater.

I was talking about DS as the picky eater, but he'll do just fine with chicken nuggets and mac and cheese! Me and Dh aren't the most adventerous eaters, but you know, I think we will try it anyway! I've always wanted to go, I just forgot about it and it's perfect for our AK day and we can have an early, relaxing night that night, maybe swim in the hotel pool! Thanks for the idea!

Yes, Boma has an excellent variety for Picky kids. I have 2 (DD's 5&7) My husband is a beige eating farm boy at heart. (you know, potato, bread, turkey, gravy) He LOVED boma! When we booked our trip in Sept. for FREE dining, his only request was going back to Boma! (and they make one kick-*** green apple martini!! :thumbsup2 )

Personally I would hop on a bus to Beach Club from AK and walk to World Showcase (or take the EPcot bus from AK) and go to LeCellier in Canada. It is fantastic (our favorite) and my dd4 loved it there as well. She still talks about the Smores Dessert. You already have 3 buffets, I would want to enjoy another sit down dinner. IMO, buffets start to get old after awhile. You could also try Teppanayki in Japan - we all loved that as well, lots of fun and they were great with keeping dd4 entertained.

After that you can stroll World Showcase and watch Illuminations or go back and stroll the boardwalk and go to the arcade.

Also - after Boma you would have to take a taxi back to your hotel because there would not be any buses headed back to AK unless it is EMH that night.

Suzanne74 said:
Also - after Boma you would have to take a taxi back to your hotel because there would not be any buses headed back to AK unless it is EMH that night.

No need for a taxi - just take a bus to any park that's open, or DTD to transfer to the resort bus.

Suzanne74 said:
Personally I would hop on a bus to Beach Club from AK and walk to World Showcase (or take the EPcot bus from AK) and go to LeCellier in Canada. It is fantastic (our favorite) and my dd4 loved it there as well. She still talks about the Smores Dessert. You already have 3 buffets, I would want to enjoy another sit down dinner. IMO, buffets start to get old after awhile. You could also try Teppanayki in Japan - we all loved that as well, lots of fun and they were great with keeping dd4 entertained.

After that you can stroll World Showcase and watch Illuminations or go back and stroll the boardwalk and go to the arcade.

Thanks for the advice. We tried LeCellier last year and loved it, but I think I'd rather try new restaurants (we've never been to any on our list) while we have the free dining, because we usually can't afford it. And you are right, I was sort of hoping for a sit down meal, but I think we will go with Boma anyway. Everyone raves so much, I think we at least need to try it. And we really only have 2 buffets since Ohana is served family style. Thanks for the good advice though! :teeth:

We did Teppanyaki last year and it was fun! :goodvibes ..based on your other resteraunt choices, you might want to consider hopping the bus to Wilderness lodge and trying Whispering Canyon..This place gets a lot of debate on the Dis, But We LOVED the food and fun loving atmosphere! :thumbsup2 ..the kids still talk about that place! :goodvibes

The more I think about it, I think I would like a sit down place that I haven't tried. Other options that I'm thinking about are: O'hana dinner or WCC they are both fun atmosphere and served family style. Other options are Kona Cafe or an Epcot restaurant, maybe Teppenyaki or Morocco for fun atmosphere.

I just posted a new thread w/a poll for the top 6 that have been suggested. I have a feeling that Boma will win, but want to see how it goes. Thanks for all of the advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter