HELP-Our Christmas Reservation Got Changed!!!!!

Should also mention that it feels like the north pole. With wind chill tonight we are at - 45 celcius, - 49 fahrenheit………..

:faint:

I'm having problems enough at 27.

Then again, I bet you have WAY better clothes for the weather than I do. Bet you weren't leaving the gym wearing capri workout pants, for instance. :blush:

Glad they are working on it. :)

Glad to hear that they are rectifying it. Hope the rest of your vacation runs smoothly.

Glad to hear they are working on it as they should. Hope all goes smoothly once this is taken care of and you have a great vacation.

UPDATE: Flights are actually over $12000 for family of five from northern Canada to Orlando over Christmas and New years

I called late morning and the Supervisor I spoke to last night was on the phone working on it. She called me back early aft. She confirmed she has two additional levels of Disney management involved, several other departments, and they are all working to make us 100% happy. She assured me we will have the 2 bedroom villa as promised, and confirmed management has one with our name on it. She said we can be fully confident in continuing to plan the trip etc. She is also extremely professional, and empathetic to our situation. It won't show on our profile until they sort it out internally. We are Ok (but little nervous) with this - and I did have my wife listening in as back up…. BUT….the Supervisor is starting 5 days vacation today. She again assured me there are several levels (mentioned an Executive position) that have taken an interest in getting this fixed….Nothing is easy. Will continue to wait.
Thanks for updating us and I'm glad it all seems to be working out. While I believe there are things Disney could do a better job at, IMO, this is an area (when they clearly messed up) that they excel in correcting and always have. The only exception I can think of, that isn't front desk/checkin related) is with the 2 relocation issues form AKV where they left it up to the resort to handle. They could/should have done a better job than they did. Let us know the final outcome please.

Should also mention that it feels like the north pole. With wind chill tonight we are at - 45 celcius, - 49 fahrenheit………..

Yeah, we are having that here in Minnesota too.

Did the supervisor offer any explanation as to how and why your reservation went from a 2 bdrm to a 1 bdrm? Were the points in your account changed at the same time so that you had more points available? Or did they put you in the 1 bdrm and use the points required for a 2 bdrm?

IMO, it's time to make lemonade out of lemons. By 8 am you need to have some idea of what you consider to be the best solution to the problem. (And unfortunately, demanding the original 2B villa may not be realistic. Have something else in mind.) Ask them to put you up in two or three connecting hotel rooms at the Beach Club. If you had planned on cooking in the room, ask for concierge access, or for a suite at one of the hotels that will accommodate your party size. DVC can't make a villa suddenly materialize...but they can foot the bill for more expensive hotel rooms to cover for their mistake. When you speak to them in the morning, I would just start out with "our family discussed it last night and have a solution to propose." Offer one or two different suggestions similar to the above and dare them to turn you down. ;) You could also go onto the Disney World reservation website now and see if any Two Bedroom villas are showing up for cash reservations on your dates. DVC rooms are rightfully made available to cash guests on a regular basis. But if there are any unbooked rooms as of tomorrow morning, just flat out tell DVC do "get them back." IMO, worst thing you can do is go into the call blindly and just wait for DVC to offer suggestions. You probably won't be 100% satisfied with their suggestions, and you'll be scrambling to decide how to react. Use the next few hours to decide what you believe to be an acceptable compromise, and see if they'll bite.

This may be some of the best, logical, level-headed advice I've ever read on the Dis.

OP, I am sorry for your troubles. I hope you have a magical vacation and Christmas despite your first day experience.

Did the supervisor offer any explanation as to how and why your reservation went from a 2 bdrm to a 1 bdrm? Were the points in your account changed at the same time so that you had more points available? Or did they put you in the 1 bdrm and use the points required for a 2 bdrm?

Supervisor called us back late last night again, just to check in, see how we were holding up, and again confirm she has a whole team of people from different departments working on it and committed to making it right. TOld us 100% again that we will get the room we reserved so many months ago and the room we did our on-line check in on November 10...She has enlisted people from DVC/Disney IT, from BCV resort management and from DVC/Disney mgmt trying to figure out how this change was made and when. This is our cash reservation, no points involved. So far no definitive reason it changed. They are very concerned why this happened, as they should be, and she mentioned that when this is all sorted out, they will provide us some type of compensation - no idea what that may be (wife thinks it will be stuffed characters or other merchandise, I want cash)…….

Supervisor called us back late last night again, just to check in, see how we were holding up, and again confirm she has a whole team of people from different departments working on it and committed to making it right. TOld us 100% again that we will get the room we reserved so many months ago and the room we did our on-line check in on November 10...She has enlisted people from DVC/Disney IT, from BCV resort management and from DVC/Disney mgmt trying to figure out how this change was made and when. This is our cash reservation, no points involved. So far no definitive reason it changed. They are very concerned why this happened, as they should be, and she mentioned that when this is all sorted out, they will provide us some type of compensation - no idea what that may be (wife thinks it will be stuffed characters or other merchandise, I want cash)…….
Get in mind what you think is fair unless you're willing to take whatever they offer. Most likely they'll give you dining credit, you should have an amount in mind that you feel is fair. I doubt they'll offer the Dining Plan for 5 people for a week but they may. You should go ahead and decide which type meets your needs if they do.

Also make sure to keep notes including names so when you check in you'll be prepared to address any variables that don't fit what you've been told. Ask for a managerial contact name and position at the resort. You're right that they need to know why this happened. It could be a computer glitch or it could be a rogue employee or a simple but easily repeated mistake.

Get in mind what you think is fair unless you're willing to take whatever they offer. Most likely they'll give you dining credit, you should have an amount in mind that you feel is fair. I doubt they'll offer the Dining Plan for 5 people for a week but they may. You should go ahead and decide which type meets your needs if they do.

Also make sure to keep notes including names so when you check in you'll be prepared to address any variables that don't fit what you've been told. Ask for a managerial contact name and position at the resort. You're right that they need to know why this happened. It could be a computer glitch or it could be a rogue employee or a simple but easily repeated mistake.

I guess I would hesitate to start expecting BIG compensation....you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. I would see what they offer and be open minded about it.

I guess I would hesitate to start expecting BIG compensation....you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. I would see what they offer and be open minded about it.
As a rule these type of issues go better when you have an idea of what you want but I agree with being realistic. However, just waiting to see what they offer isn't a bad idea as it should be found money for the stress involved if things work out as promised. Generally Disney resorts tend to offer a room credit or concierge access for such situations. But they may ask the member what they would prefer and this is where having an idea in mind is most helpful, that and where what's offered is unacceptable. However, while promises have been made, the OP is not yet in the room they reserved and should remain somewhat skeptical until things are completely worked out and should also have an idea of appropriate compensation and acceptable alternatives if they don't get the exact option reserved.

If the op gets their 2br, why should compensation be in order? It's good customer service, even magical, to give something but advising to reach for the stars in the long run increases everyones cost since. I've found that I would rather have what I paid/contracted for rather than be given something to make me feel better because they missed the mark on service and left me with less than was bargained for. What ever they give me, it does not make up for what was lost. Hence the reason it is called compensation. Just my 2 cents.

If the op gets their 2br, why should compensation be in order? It's good customer service, even magical, to give something but advising to reach for the stars in the long run increases everyones cost since. I've found that I would rather have what I paid/contracted for rather than be given something to make me feel better because they missed the mark on service and left me with less than was bargained for. What ever they give me, it does not make up for what was lost. Hence the reason it is called compensation. Just my 2 cents.
They likely shouldn't have to but DVC apparently already said they'd give them something as a good will gesture.

Edit: color me silly for not having read the entire thread... I'm so glad this is being taken so seriously by Disney! It makes me feel LOADS better knowing that if it happened to ME, they'd be getting this involved!

Please let us know the outcome!!

So you all are the ones I see out in the pool when the temps are in the 60's. That's downright balmy weather for you. :p

Seriously, I hope things truly are straightened out and for the rest of our sakes they figure out what happened so it doesn't happen again. The holidays are stressful enough without having to deal with this.

UPDATE: We have been getting calls from MS Supervisors almost every day. They continue to assure us that they have our 2 bedroom vill at BCV on hold, but have been unable to get it set up in the system. We continue to wait. Arrival day is Dec 21, so running out of time…...

Thanks for the update! I was curious as to how it would turn out. I'll continue to send pixie dust your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter