Help planning first visit to Sea World

Momtotwinprincesses

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys, My family (hubby, 2 daughters ages 5 and myself) will be going to sea world for the first time on Saturday August 21st. I am not sure where to start and what to do.

Please can someone help us with planning our day?

Also is it worth buying the dining plan for the day?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Guys, My family (hubby, 2 daughters ages 5 and myself) will be going to sea world for the first time on Saturday August 21st. I am not sure where to start and what to do.

I'd be happy to help you plan your day. Ill send you a Private Message with a personal plan for your family sometime tonight.

We found the dining plan was definitely worth the money. We made sure to have lunch and supper as well as snacks there. We wore a wristband and just showed it to the cashier so it was quick and easy. The snacks were fresh Strawberries, Fresh baked cookies, huge piece of Chocolate Fudge Cake or huge piece of Carrot Cake. Everything was fresh and delicious. They also had white milk, chocolate milk and strawberry milk, choice of fountain pop, coffee, tea or bottles of Aquafina water. I think my son drank his value in just water.

A must do with 5 year olds is Pets Ahoy at Seaport Theatre - it is rescue animals who do some really fun and amazing tricks - cats, dogs, birds, pigs, even a skunk - my 4 year old loved the show and all children seemed completely enthralled by it.

Feeding the Stingrays is really cool - you can feed them at any time of day. If you want to feed the dolphins - check at customer service for what time as they are only feed at certain times of the day.

My son loved Journey to Atlantis ride - we did the ride a couple of times before Blue Horizons show in the Whale and Dolphin Theatre started.

Have a wonderful time. My son also enjoyed the pearl diving and chosing an oyster - he is very proud of his big pearl.:dance3:

I would love to hear about this as well. There are 3 of us (me, my husband and our daughter who is 6 1/2). We are at Seaworld on Saturday October 2nd.

Thanks!

Connie

same here, going at end of sept. myself, wife, sister, mm, son(4), son (1)

also, what are the crowds like on a weekday at the end of sept?

Sorry to the original poster, I fell asleep early last night and was unable to send a Private Message. I will do sometime in the next day or so.

I will also send a Private Message to the other posters as well who are looking for info.

Ill just go ahead and post everyones plan here so I dont have to rewrite everything. Ill post some "Heads Up" info for everyone at the end of the last plan. So scroll down to the bottom after you finish reading yours.

For Momtotwinprincesses:

I would start off early. Saturdays in August have been pretty busy. Although it isnt considered "Seaworld After Dark" you will still get a Shamu Rocks and Sealions tonight since the park is opened until 9:00pm. I would suggest getting to the park around 9am to do everything possible since it will be so busy.

Start off doing the dolphin feeding. From there you can visit the manatee exhibit and then head to the 10:00am Blue Horizons show which is located near Dolphin Feeding. From there, head over to Key West at Seaworld located near Blue Horizons. There you will get a chance to pet and feed sting rays and see turtles and flamingos. From Key West At Seaworld, head over to the ride Manta. Your daughters will probably be to small to ride the intense coaster, however there is a very cool aquarium located at the ride that you are able to experience whether you ride the coaster or not. Following the Manta Aquarium head around the corner to the Dolphin Nursery where the newborn dolphins and their moms are located. From there head over to the 12:15 showing of "Pets Ahoy." Pets Ahoy is a cool show featuring dogs and cats and a few surprise guests. This show is a huge hit with kids. And its also cool because all the animals that perform in the show were rescued from the local animal shelter.

Following Pets Ahoy, take a break for Lunch. Two places near by are Voyagers Smokehouse or Seaport Pizza. Voyagers smokehouse serves bbq items and Seaport Pizza serves Pizza and Chicken Tenders as well as fresh fruits, salads and desserts. After Lunch, head over to the Penguin Encounter where you can see Seaworlds Penguins and Arctic birds. From there you can head over to the Sealion exhibit located around the corner from the penguins. You can feed the sealions here if you choose. Following the Sealion exhibit, head right up the path to the 3:45 showing of "Clyde And Seamore Take Pirate Island" this is a funny show featuring Seaworlds Sealions, Otter and Walrus! From there head back down the path to the shark encounter.

Shark encounter is indoors and its a pretty long exhibit. But since its indoors, it provides nice shelter from the Florida heat or rain. After the sharks continue down the path to the Animal Connections Seagarden this is where you can get a photo op with exotic animals from around the world and even meet and take pictures with a few costumed characters. After the Sea Garden, continue down the path to Shamu Stadium for the 5:30 showing of "Believe." Following Believe head down behind the stadium for "Wild Arctic" Wild Arctic is a ride that simulates your travel to the arctic on a helicopter. If its to intense for your daughters, you can do the non motion side which plays the same movie only there is no movement. Either way, you need to ride one of those sides to reach the Beluga Whale, Polar Bear and Walrus exhibit.

Following Wild Arcitic you could do one of two things.... Either stay near Shamu stadium and enjoy Shamus Happy Harbor. Or go back to the Sealion stadium for the 7:15 showing of Sealions tonight. Shamus happy harbor is a giant play area designed for kids your daughters ages. It features rides for young kids and a giant play net. Sealions tonight is a show that spoofs and makes fun of the Seaworld day shows. So if you see Sealions tonight, I suggest you see the day shows first.

Regardelss of what you choose to do, be sure to be at Shamu stadium around 7:45 for the 8:30 showing of Shamu Rocks. This show is different from the day show and is a rock and roll themed show. Its a great show in my opinion. Following the show, your day has concluded.

As far as the meal plan it could be a good idea especially with young kids and such a long day. I would go for it. I think its worth it just incase.

-----------

Plan for csmith_nc:

You will be going during the slow time. So the park is only opened until 6:00pm. And there are afar fewer shows. The show schedule isnt released for October yet however a schedule for 6:00 closing in September is released and I would imagine the same schedule for 6:00 closings in October on a Saturday.

Since it wont be crowded you wont have to battle large crowds to do everything. Start off at 9:00am with Dolphin feedings and the Manatee exhibit. From there head over to the 10:00 showing of the dolphin show, Blue Horizons. Following the show head over to Keywest at Seaworld where you can feed and Pet Sting Rays and see turtles and flamingos. From there head over to the Manta rollercoaster. Your daughter may be to small to ride however there is a cool aquarium located there that riders and non riders can enjoy. Its a must see! From Manta head over to the Dolphin Nursery to see the newborn dolphins and their moms. Then head across the bridge to the other side of the park. First stop by Wild Arctic. Wild Arctic is a ride that simulates your travel to the arctic on a helicopter. If its to intense for your daughter, you can do the non motion side which plays the same movie only there is no movement. Either way, you need to ride one of those sides to reach the Beluga Whale, Polar Bear and Walrus exhibit.

After Wild Arctic, break for Lunch at my favorite place to eat. "Mango Joes" here you can find chicken tenders, steak wraps, chicken wraps, steak or chicken sandwiches, fresh fruit french fries and desserts. Mango Joes is located next to wild arctic. After lunch head up the path to Shamu stadium for the 2:30 showing of "Believe." After the show, behind the stadium you will find Shamus Happy Harbor. Shamus happy harbor is a giant play area designed for kids your daughters age. It features rides for young kids and a giant play net.

Following Happy Harbor head down the path to the animal connections Seagarden. This is where you can get a photo op with exotic animals from around the world and even meet and take pictures with a few costumed characters. Following the Sea Garden head over to the Shark encounter. Shark encounter is indoors and its a pretty long exhibit. But since its indoors, it provides nice shelter from the Florida heat or rain.

After the sharks you will come to Sealion Stadium. There you will find the funny show "Clyde and Seamore take pirate island." This show is at 4:45. Clyde and Seamore take pirate island features Seaworld sealions, an otter and a Walrus! Following the show you can hit the Sealion exhibit where you can see and feed Sealions. From there go down the path to the Penguin encounter to see Seaworlds penguins and Arctic birds. Following the Penguins take some time to shop for a souvenir in the waterfront area before you head home.

If you get a chance check out the show "Pets Ahoy." Pets Ahoy is a cool show featuring dogs and cats and a few surprise guests. This show is a huge hit with kids. And its also cool because all the animals that perform in the show were rescued from the local animal shelter. This is located right by the dolphin nursery in the Waterfront area near the Sealion stadium. I didnt include this on your plan because the times seem to be so inconvenient. The times for that day are 10:45, 12:15, 1:45, and 3:15.

----------

Plan for EMHDad:

September is not busy at all dont worry about crowds. Are you going on a Saturday or any day but Saturday? If your going on Saturday follow the plan I posted above for csmith_nc. If your not going on a Saturday follow this plan.....

Since it wont be crowded you wont have to battle large crowds to do everything. Start off at 9:00am with Dolphin feedings and the Manatee exhibit. From there head over to the 10:00 showing of the dolphin show, Blue Horizons. Following the show head over to Keywest at Seaworld where you can feed and Pet Sting Rays and see turtles and flamingos. From there head over to the Manta rollercoaster. Your daughter may be to small to ride however there is a cool aquarium located there that riders and non riders can enjoy. Its a must see! From Manta head over to the Dolphin Nursery to see the newborn dolphins and their moms.

Following the dolphin nursery, head across the bridge and go to Shamu Stadium for the 12:30 showing of "Believe" following the Shamu show, head over to Wild Arctic. Wild Arctic is a ride that simulates your travel to the arctic on a helicopter. If its to intense for your sons, you can do the non motion side which plays the same movie only there is no movement. Either way, you need to ride one of those sides to reach the Beluga Whale, Polar Bear and Walrus exhibit. After Wild Arctic, break for Lunch at my favorite place to eat. "Mango Joes" here you can find chicken tenders, steak wraps, chicken wraps, steak or chicken sandwiches, fresh fruit french fries and desserts. Mango Joes is located next to wild arctic. Following lunch head behind Shamu stadium. There you will find Shamus Happy Harbor. Shamus happy harbor is a giant play area designed for kids your sons ages. It features rides for young kids and a giant play net.

Following Happy Harbor, head down the path to the animal connections Seagarden. This is where you can get a photo op with exotic animals from around the world and even meet and take pictures with a few costumed characters. Following the Sea Garden head over to the Shark encounter. Shark encounter is indoors and its a pretty long exhibit. But since its indoors, it provides nice shelter from the Florida heat or rain.

After the sharks you will come to the Waterfront. There you can catch the 3:15 showing of pets ahoy. Pets Ahoy is a cool show featuring dogs and cats and a few surprise guests. This show is a huge hit with kids. And its also cool because all the animals that perform in the show were rescued from the local animal shelter. Next head to Sealion Stadium. There you will find the funny show "Clyde and Seamore take pirate island." This show is at 4:45. Clyde and Seamore take pirate island features Seaworld sealions, an otter and a Walrus! Following the show you can hit the Sealion exhibit where you can see and feed Sealions. From there go down the path to the Penguin encounter to see Seaworlds penguins and Arctic birds. Following the Penguins take some time to shop for a souvenir in the waterfront area before you head home.

------

Side Notes for everyone:

A show I didnt mention is "A'lure". A'lure is an acrobatics show and is shown indoors at Nautilus Theater. This isnt a must see but can provide a nice relief from the Florida sun or rain. Speaking of rain. If it rains, you will be fine, rides may shut down but shows wont be canceled. All stadiums have covered seating. However if there is lightning, the outdoor shows, Believe, Blue Horizons, and Clyde and Seamore may be delayed or canceled. Pets Ahoy and A'lure are indoors so they wont be affected by weather. All shows are atleast 15 minutes and no longer than 30 minutes. Blue Horizons is the longest at about 30 minutes and Pets Ahoy is the shortest at around 15-20 minutes.

Here is a show schedule for August 21st:
http://www.seaworld.com/ParkHours.aspx?LocationID=1&ScheduleID=40411

Here is the show schedule for weekdays in September/October:
http://www.seaworld.com/ParkHours.aspx?LocationID=1&ScheduleID=40436

Here is the show schedule for Saturdays in September and the first Saturday only in October:
http://www.seaworld.com/ParkHours.aspx?LocationID=1&ScheduleID=40439

Last, here is a park map so you can have a better idea on where show and exhibit locations are: (Note the Clydesdale hamlet on the top right of the map is no longer there. That is now where the animal connections sea garden is located.)
http://www.seaworld.com/orlando/parkmaps.html

Any other questions please feel free to ask! I would be happy to help! Hope all of you and your families have a great time!

KBF - you are awesome!! :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for the plan. Very detailed and sounds like we can get to most things. We have a late night the night before so I hope we can get there for the 9am dolphin feeding.

Connie

KBF - you are awesome!! :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for the plan. Very detailed and sounds like we can get to most things. We have a late night the night before so I hope we can get there for the 9am dolphin feeding.

Connie

If you cant get there at 9am, there are other Dolphin feedings throughout the day so you can always go back and do that later if you dont make it in at 9am.

KBF - what plan would you recommend for an April weekend (4/16 & 17). We have two boys (7 & 10). We are arriving on the 16th around 11:00am at our hotel (coming off a cruise) - so I would think we'll be in the park by 1:00pm.

We would eat lunch & dinner in the park.

Would you recommend one of the plans you already outlined or something else?

Thanks so much for the help!!! We haven't been to SW in over 10 years and are excited to take the kids.

KBF - what plan would you recommend for an April weekend (4/16 & 17). We have two boys (7 & 10). We are arriving on the 16th around 11:00am at our hotel (coming off a cruise) - so I would think we'll be in the park by 1:00pm.

We would eat lunch & dinner in the park.

Would you recommend one of the plans you already outlined or something else?

Thanks so much for the help!!! We haven't been to SW in over 10 years and are excited to take the kids.

Unfortunately park times and schedules havent been released for next year yet. Im not sure if that is Spring Break or not. Will your kids be on spring break during that time? If so, it may be a spring break schedule. So I would follow the plan I gave to Momtotwinprincesses. The show schedule for Labor day weekend in upcoming September may be a good indication for the spring break show schedule. Here is a link to that schedule.... http://www.seaworld.com/ParkHours.aspx?LocationID=1&ScheduleID=40425

If its spring break, plan for large crowds especially on weekends. I would look into deals that would be posted around New Years. Seaworld ran a deal for the summer this year that a ticket purchased after 3:00pm the day of your visit is half off original price. It may be an option for your family since the park will close at 10:00pm on Spring break. You could still fit alot into your day. I have no idea if this deal will be available for next year or spring break but its something that I would look into ahead of time incase it is. Again look for deals around New Years..... http://commerce.4adventure.com/ESto...utmcct=/newreply.php&__utmv=-&__utmk=97581471

Hope that helps!

KBF - thanks that's does help!

Yes, it is last weekend of spring break for my town (in NJ) that week. My break is the week of 4/11

But since Easter falls late this year (April 24), when the schools are having spring break seems to be all over the place. I polled my relatives around NJ when their break was and I have some the same as me, some the week before (4/4) and some off the following week (4/18 - week leading into Easter)!

The days I am going are the weekend before Easter weekend, so I am anticipating a crowd.

Thanks again & I will keep a look out for the deals you mentioned.

I'm going to be there for 1 day (either Dec.18 or 19) with 2 little ones, a 3.5 yo and 1.5 yo. There will be 4 adults. What would you recommend for us? My 1.5 yo takes 1 nap around noon for about an hour and will be snoozing in a stroller. My 3.5 yo doesn't nap.

I'm going to be there for 1 day (either Dec.18 or 19) with 2 little ones, a 3.5 yo and 1.5 yo. There will be 4 adults. What would you recommend for us? My 1.5 yo takes 1 nap around noon for about an hour and will be snoozing in a stroller. My 3.5 yo doesn't nap.

I would go Sunday the 19th because it will be slower than Saturday. The park is opened until 11:00pm that day and you will have the opportunity to check out Christmas themed night shows (These shows are different from the day shows) You will have A christmas themed Elmo show in the morning which is great for kids your childrens ages. You will have Clyde and Seamores countdown to Christmas and Shamu Christmas Miracles. There will also be a ice skating show located at Bayside stadium and following that show will be Holiday Reflections, Seaworlds Christmas themed fireworks show. There will be Christmas decor throughout the park. The park will be decorated with lights and christmas trees. There will even be costumed characters dressed in Christmas themed outfits.

I would follow the plan I gave to Momtotwinprincesses. You will have alot of shows because of the large crowds that day. On the plan I gave to her, just replace "Sealions tonight" with Clyde and Seamore countdown to Christmas. And replace "Shamu Rocks" with Shamu Christmas Miracles. Sealions tonight, and Shamu Rocks will not be offered at that time. You will also get a special themed ride. The motion simulator ride, "Wild Arcic" will be converted into "The Polar Express experience" from the day after Thanksgiving until New Years. There is a non motion side for your young kids too. After the ride or non motion short movie side, they can get a photo op with Santa! There are many places to relax at Seaworld especially if your youngest is napping. The entire family may want to relax too. There are indoor exhibits that are air conditioned that can be relaxing just to sit and watch the animals for awhile. Keep in mind that its Florida so even in December, the temp can get up to around 80 or be as low as 45-50. So I would bring something warm and something cool to wear just incase.

I would definitely recommend seeing all the christmas shows that I listed above. As well as the Shamu day show, "Believe" the Dolphin show "Blue Horizons", the Sealion and Otter day show, "Clyde and Seamore take Pirate Island" and the Animal show "Pets Ahoy" which is a big hit with young kids. I would recommend Shamu's happy harbor for your kids. Its a giant play area with rides designed for young kids like a carousel. I would recommend the large roller coasters, Journey to Atlantis, Kraken and Manta. Especially Manta. Your kids will be to young to ride, but if someone stays back with them while the others ride, there are neat exhibits that they can check out at the rides. For example, Manta has a large aquarium that riders and non riders can enjoy. Journey to Atlantis has a smaller aquarium and Kraken has a very small eel exhibit. Any of the exhibits are really must sees. Some more than others, but since its such a long day, you can fit it all in. If not do shows, rides, and some exhibits like the Penguin exhibit, feeding the dolphins at Dolphin encounter and petting the sting rays at stingray lagoon.

Any other questions please feel free to ask. Im sorry I couldnt do a detailed plan of your day since show times arent released yet. The show times for December will be released the last week of November. So when they come out you can post again and ill help out with a detailed schedule then or if you choose to do it yourself, I would plan your day around the show schedule and visit exhibits that are close to each show instead of jumping around the park. But for now like I said, follow the plan I gave to Momtotwinprincesses. This is probably the closest of the three show schedule wise of what you'll get for the time your going. Show schedules for December can be found here, just click the day your going and it should be up around the last week in November. --> http://www.seaworld.com/ParkHours.aspx?locID=1

*Any days on that schedule that have an 11:00pm closing or later will have Christmas themed shows. Any other day that does not have a 11:00pm closing day or later will not have christmas themed shows or fireworks. But Christmas decor and the Polar Express experience will still be available.

Hope your family has a great time!

KBF you are AWESOME! I bow down to your superior knowledge :worship::worship::worship:
I too would love your help. (pretty plz?) I wanted to pm you but since I'm new I can't.
Here's what I have in mind and I'm sorry if it hijacks the post (I'm hoping it helps others in this situation)

My dd is 15 mo old. DH,DD and I will be at SW (mainly for spooktacular)
On Oct 23&24
If there is a special spooktacular show (I thought there was one w/ the Count) we want to do it (just once)
DH and I are not interested in any rides or even doing the whole park, we just want to do shows and have as much wiggle-room as possible for feeding-naps-etc.
What follows is my plan for 1 day but it can be brokendown or repeated as appropiate btwn the 2 days:

Be there at 9am
1. go to dolphin area
2. "Blue Horizons"
3. "Elmo's and Abby's treasure" -A must. if I do nothing else I hafta do this one. I don't know if is feaseable to try to fit it sting rays and turtles between "Blue" and "Elmo". what do you think?
4. Penguin Encounter
5. baby break/lunch/nap whatever (4 & 6 are flexible)
6.Jewels of the sea
7. "Clyde and Seamore" Hopefully it will be around 12:45ish?
8. Shark encounter
9. break/lunch (for mom & dad, maybe shark restaurant?)
10. Shamu's happy harbor - 2nd "must"
11. "Shamu Believe" (if dd up to it, hopefully around 4ish?)

After this i would love to see "Alure" (that's the one I really want to see) but it depends on how dd is doing. she usually naps at this time though :thumbsup2

So what do you think? Also, we were told there is a special spooktacular show that starts at 12 but to be there early 'cause of the lines. Does that mean 9am? that would be 3 hrs in line :scared1:without a stroller :scared1:
we could do it but we would pretty much be done afterwards (and it better be one heck of a show..). and we also wanted to include the breakfast with elmo but I'm just not sure how to make it all work!

Please, Help us Obi One KBF, YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE :love:

KBF you are AWESOME! I bow down to your superior knowledge :worship::worship::worship:
I too would love your help. (pretty plz?) I wanted to pm you but since I'm new I can't.
Here's what I have in mind and I'm sorry if it hijacks the post (I'm hoping it helps others in this situation)

My dd is 15 mo old. DH,DD and I will be at SW (mainly for spooktacular)
On Oct 23&24
If there is a special spooktacular show (I thought there was one w/ the Count) we want to do it (just once)
DH and I are not interested in any rides or even doing the whole park, we just want to do shows and have as much wiggle-room as possible for feeding-naps-etc.
What follows is my plan for 1 day but it can be brokendown or repeated as appropiate btwn the 2 days:

Be there at 9am
1. go to dolphin area
2. "Blue Horizons"
3. "Elmo's and Abby's treasure" -A must. if I do nothing else I hafta do this one. I don't know if is feaseable to try to fit it sting rays and turtles between "Blue" and "Elmo". what do you think?
4. Penguin Encounter
5. baby break/lunch/nap whatever (4 & 6 are flexible)
6.Jewels of the sea
7. "Clyde and Seamore" Hopefully it will be around 12:45ish?
8. Shark encounter
9. break/lunch (for mom & dad, maybe shark restaurant?)
10. Shamu's happy harbor - 2nd "must"
11. "Shamu Believe" (if dd up to it, hopefully around 4ish?)

After this i would love to see "Alure" (that's the one I really want to see) but it depends on how dd is doing. she usually naps at this time though :thumbsup2

So what do you think? Also, we were told there is a special spooktacular show that starts at 12 but to be there early 'cause of the lines. Does that mean 9am? that would be 3 hrs in line :scared1:without a stroller :scared1:
we could do it but we would pretty much be done afterwards (and it better be one heck of a show..). and we also wanted to include the breakfast with elmo but I'm just not sure how to make it all work!

Please, Help us Obi One KBF, YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE :love:

I would be happy to help. I'll post a plan for your family later tonight. :)

Hi here is my plan for your family. Hope it helps!
There is one day in September (The day after Labor day) that the park is open until 8:00pm like the days you will be going in October. My guess would be show times would be very close to the same times as an 8:00pm closing time in October. I think the "Show" your refering to at noon is the Spookatakular Trick Or Treat. Which isnt a show at all! Ill explain more below! What I did below is pretty much planed doing a full days worth with an option to add or subtract something if needed but being in the same location for shows and exhibits you wanted to see so your not running all over the park. So there may be alot that I offer here. But know I did it with the ability to add and subtract as needed without inconveniencing yourselves.

Now for your plan....

Going to the dolphin area to start off is a great idea. 90% of the time I suggest its the first thing you do. But plan to be in the park at 9:00am to do this. You may even want to feed the dolphins there for a $7 fee. Blue Horizons is a great idea for the next part of your visit. It should be a 10:00am show and is located right next to the dolphin area. I would definitely visit the sting rays and turtles after the Blue Horizons show. There will be enough time to do this next. From there on your way to the Elmo show, you will pass the Dolphin Nursery where the newborn dolphins and their moms are located. Definitely check that out. It should be around 11:15ish at this point. So make your way to the Elmo show. Im going off of what times the two Elmo Summer shows are. They should be these exact times for October. But since this is the most important show for your family, I would double check when you come into the park that day just to be sure. Show schedules will be on the back of the park map. If its a different time then what I posted here, you can fit it in the schedule.

The Elmo Summer show times are 10:45am and 12:15pm. I have you seeing the 12:15 show. So you will arrive an hour early for the best seat. The Penguins are located near the Elmo show, so I would suggest heading over there next. If needed, there are actually benches behind the moving walkway at the Penguin encounter. This may be a place to relax for a little while while your daughter takes a nap. You can watch the penguins while she's napping. Plus its air conditioned so thats a plus.

Next head over to Sharks for lunch. Im sorry, ive never eaten there so I cant give you my opinion on the food and experience, but I have heard mostly positive comments about the experience from friends that have gone. This too is indoors and air conditioned. So if you wanted to do a quick walk through at the Penguin Encounter and then go to Sharks, your daughter could nap while your waiting for a table or your food.

Following lunch, head over to "Animal Connections Sea Garden" Here, you will get photo ops with costumed characters like Shamu and a photo op with exotic animals from around the world. Following the Sea Garden you can continue down the path to Happy Harbor. It has some rides for young kids. It will be enjoyable for your daughter. Shamu Stadium is right next to Happy Harbor so you can catch the 4:00 Shamu Show. Following the show, I would call it a day.

Plan for the 2nd day:

Did you know that Halloween Spooktakular is more than halloween decorations and a halloween show? Your daughter for the 2nd day can actually come dressed up in a costume and go trick or treating on the Bayside pathway! There are tons of fun things for kids on the pathway. Crazy looking costumed characters, treats and great photo ops. Nothing scary at all. Its very kid friendly. I would suggest doing this the 2nd day because Sundays are slower than Saturdays and you wont have to deal with as many kids pushing a shoving their way around. This event is included with park admission and is located like I said on the Bayside pathway, you can find that by turning right at the Dolphin Nursery pool. This opens at Noon and lasts until the end of the night.

So for your 2nd day you could start off with the Count Von Count breakfast (http://www.seaworld.com/sitepage.aspx?PageID=595) or you could come in later. If you come in later, I would come in around 1 or 2 maybe? Start off at the Manta Aquarium. Manta is the huge lay down roller coaster. However, this massive aquarium can be enjoyed even if you dont ride the coaster. And this aquarium is 1000 times better than Jewels of the Sea Aquarium. The Manta aquarium is very large where as Jewels of the Sea is one small room. The only difference between the two is there are no jellyfish at the Manta aquarium. The Manta aquarium is located right near the front entrance to the park and near the Bayside Pathway.

Next I would do the Halloween Spooktakular on the Bayside pathway. It may take you about an hour to go all the way through. Last year there was a cool sesame street maze for young kids. Im sure your daughter would love to see her favorite characters in the maze. Not 100% sure if they will have the maze this year though. Following the Spooktakular pathway, you will find yourself behind Shamu Stadium again. You can break for Lunch at "Mango Joes." Mango Joes is located right behind Shamu Stadium and has some great steak or Chicken sandwiches, wraps, fruits and desserts. Its my favorite place to eat at Seaworld. Following Lunch, you may want to do Wild Arctic while your there. This is also located behind Shamu Stadium. Wild Arctic is a motion simulator. You have to either ride the ride or watch a short movie on to reach the Polar Bear, Beluga whale and Walrus exhibit. You obviously wont want to do the ride, so go to the side for non riders instead. If you want to skip Wild Arctic, maybe you can have fun at Happy Harbor again instead.

From there, continue down the path until you get to "A'lure." This is Seaworlds Arcrobatics show. Kind of like a Cirque show. The show I have you going to is the 5:00 show. From there, head over to Sealion and Otter Stadium. Outside the stadium, check out Pacific Point Preserve. It features Seaworlds Sealions. After that head up to the Stadium for the 6:30 showing of "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island." Clyde and Seamore take Pirate Island is a funny show featuring Seaworld Sealions an Otter and a Walrus. After that, head back to Shamu Stadium.

Now because its Spooktakular weekend, they should have a 7:30 or 7:15 "Shamu Rocks" show. Shamu Rocks is a totally different show than the day show, "Believe" and in my opinion is 100 times better than Believe is. Its a very popular show and is only presented at certain times of the year such as concert Saturdays in February and March, Spring Break, Summer Vacation, Spookatakular weekends and New Years eve. So this is a show that not everybody gets to see. I would take advantage of the opportunity. The cool thing is, the camera ops do Audience shots that go out onto the giant screen about 10-15 minutes before the show starts. For Spooktakular weekends, they find little kids even kids your daughters ages dressed up in costumes to go on screen where everybody will be "aweing" when they see the cute little costumes on screen. If your daughter comes dressed in a costume, she may be on screen so have your camera ready! Following the show the park is closed. If you choose not to do Shamu Rocks, then after Clyde and Seamore take Pirate Island, on your way back to the front, check out any exhibits you may have missed such as the Manatees, and Alligators or Jewels of the Sea Aquarium. Those are really the only ones you will have missed and you could definitely fit them in somewhere on your two days if you choose.

Now one show I didnt mention is "Pets Ahoy." Pets Ahoy is a show that is a huge hit with kids. It features Dogs, cats and a few surprise guests. This show is located in the same theater as the Elmo show is in. Which is why there are only two Elmo shows in the morning. Make sure you plan for weather. Weather in Florida is unpredictable even in October so there is still a chance it may rain. Shows outside, like Blue Horizons, Believe, Shamu Rocks and Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island have covered seating, however if it thunderstorms, there may be a chance the show is delayed or canceled. If it just rains, thats fine but if there is lightning you may be out of luck. A'lure and Pets Ahoy are indoors so weather is never an issue.

Each show is no longer than 30 minutes and no shorter than 15 minutes. With Blue Horizons being the longest at about 30 minutes and Pets Ahoy being the shortest at about 15-20 minutes.

Here is a show schedule for an 8:00 closing in September. Show times should be pretty much the same for an 8:00 closing in October. The only difference is for the Shamu show Believe, add a 5:30 show and that 7:30 Believe show in September becomes a 7:30 (Maybe 7:15) Shamu Rocks show in October. And ofcourse, the Elmo shows arent a year round show. They are during special times of the year like Shamu Rocks, so keep in mind that the summer shows were 10:45 and 12:15. But again, double check this when you arrive at the park. The actual October show schedule will be posted later in September. Probably around the last week in September.
http://www.seaworld.com/ParkHours.aspx?LocationID=1&ScheduleID=40427

Finally, here is a park map so you can get a better idea of show and exhibit locations. (Note the Clydesdale hamlet on the top right of the map is no longer there. This is now where the "Animal Connections Sea Garden" is located. Also, the Bayside pathway is the pathway on the very bottom of the map. If you notice on the bottom where that helicopter is flying, its the path right above that heading left, behind the white stadium on the lake- NOT the stadium that says "Believe" at the top. The Stadium was where the Spooktakular Sesame street maze was located last year. If you follow that path all the way to the left, you will come to the front of the park by Manta and Dolphin Nursery. You can enter the Pathway and exit it from either side. Whichever is convenient for your family.)
http://www.seaworld.com/orlando/parkmaps.html

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask! I would be happy to help! Hope you and your family have a great time! :)

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. I already feel my stress level going down. I took what you said and made a memo list for my phone. With this and map on hand I am ready to go! yippeee! You are like our Seaworld fairy godmother :wizard:

Seriously, thank you for taking the time to help us out. :love:

Hi KBF,

Thanks again for your planning help. Our trip is about 4 weeks away.

What do you think about the Makahiki Luau? Would we be too tired after spending the entire day at Sea World? We are also going to DIscovery COve the next morning.

Thanks,
Connie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter