Help planning first visit to Sea World

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. I already feel my stress level going down. I took what you said and made a memo list for my phone. With this and map on hand I am ready to go! yippeee! You are like our Seaworld fairy godmother :wizard:

Seriously, thank you for taking the time to help us out. :love:

No Problem! Hope you have a great time!

Hi KBF,

Thanks again for your planning help. Our trip is about 4 weeks away.

What do you think about the Makahiki Luau? Would we be too tired after spending the entire day at Sea World? We are also going to DIscovery COve the next morning.

Thanks,
Connie

Makahiki Luau is indoors, so its comfortable and relaxing. The food is great and its a decent show. I have never seen another Luau besides this one so I have nothing to compare it to. But I enjoyed it. Its about an hour and a half show however there isnt consistant action going on. They take breaks throughout the hour and a half to allow you to eat. I came in just to see Luau so I had not spent the entire day at the park. Although like I said, it will be indoors so its not like your in the humidity outside.

Hello,

I am fairly new to the site and I lucked up on this thread.

My family will be heading to Fl for the week of Thanksgiving 2010.

We will be spending 2 days at SeaWorld. One day the park is open 9-6 and the other 9-11.

There will be a 15 yr old, 28 yr old, 2 about 50 yrs old and one 78 yr (still in working order for the most part, but may need a nap mid day)

I have done the whole FL thing but the last time I was at seaworld was the day 9/11 happened so that day was pretty much ruined all around.

We will want to do the big rides and of course all the shows. We are hoping some one can help us plan our days so we are not zigzagging all over the place and providing grandma a nap time somewhere cool.

Thank you in advance to anyone who is up to the challenge to assist us.

Also, I plan to get the all day dining option for the 11pm day, so tips on stopping in places to eat/snack would be most welcome.

Judy

Thanks so much for the plans! We're going on Monday and this is invaluable to me!!! THANK YOU!

Thanks so much for the plans! We're going on Monday and this is invaluable to me!!! THANK YOU!

Keep in mind that some of the plans posted are for the summer season, which has concluded. There are now different show times and there are no night shows like Shamu Rocks, Sealions Tonight, and Reflections arent available at this time.

KBF, My DD, DGD, and myself will be in Sea World on a friday for the halloween party they have, would you mind doing a touring plan for us. I would really appreciate it. This will be our first time at the park. I have no idea where to start.

To me it is a little disturbing to see people planning a day at SW the way the overplanners on the Disney site do Disney. I think you are missing the whole point of SW. Take a day off from the hectic theme parks of Disney and just relax and explore the SW park. Take as long as you want in each animal viewing area and just enjoy a leisurely day in the park. You don't have to rush from place to place and stand in line to do most of SW. It is a whole different experience and a great way for families to relax together.

Just check what time the shows you want to see and plan a time to be there for them and explore the rest of the day.

To me it is a little disturbing to see people planning a day at SW the way the overplanners on the Disney site do Disney. I think you are missing the whole point of SW. Take a day off from the hectic theme parks of Disney and just relax and explore the SW park. Take as long as you want in each animal viewing area and just enjoy a leisurely day in the park. You don't have to rush from place to place and stand in line to do most of SW. It is a whole different experience and a great way for families to relax together.

Just check what time the shows you want to see and plan a time to be there for them and explore the rest of the day.

This will be our only time going to this park and I want to make sure we get to see and do all that there is to see and do. A little planning will be helpful to us so we are not wasting our time doing alot of backtracking. So I look forward to all the help I can get.

KBF ~ I sent you a pm. I also could use your expert advice :goodvibes

Many Thanks!!!

KBF, My DD, DGD, and myself will be in Sea World on a friday for the halloween party they have, would you mind doing a touring plan for us. I would really appreciate it. This will be our first time at the park. I have no idea where to start.

Im so sorry, I just saw this post now. If your still interested, I will send you a plan through private message later on today!

Traci, I got your PM. I will send your plan later tonight as well. :thumbsup2

Im so sorry, I just saw this post now. If your still interested, I will send you a plan through private message later on today!

Traci, I got your PM. I will send your plan later tonight as well. :thumbsup2

That is okay.I would love for you to send me a plan. It would be so helpful.:banana:

This seems to be the place to come for help for first time visits to Sea World. MY DH and I went to SW San Diego many years ago but this will be our first visit with our DD6 and DD10. Our entire trip is a surprise so we are renting a car on 11/27 at the airport and going directly to SW we intend to be there when they open. We are planning to tell the girls that SW is a special surprise before visiting their Grandma in West Palm when really we are going to leave SW probably by 4pm for the real surprise which is a the rest of the week at WDW. I am mostly looking for help on getting the most out of my 7-8 hours at SW - thanks!

Thanks KBF!! I read all of your plans that you posted as I wanted to get an idea of what the flow should be. We're heading down to Orlando next Weds for a week's vacation and I can't wait :)
Thanks again!!

Hiya..if my 11 y.o. ds and I want to ride the coasters, should we do them first? If so what is nearby that my dh,dd, in-laws and younger ds can do while we ride them? We will be there in mid. Nov.-the week before T'giving. Thanks!

What kind of crowds can I expect on a friday in Mid November...19th to be exact...there will be 7 of us...Me and the wife and 2 boys 14 and 9...and MIL and SIL and Niece (2)....I know the boys and I will hit coasters first and then Atlantis....

bumping...we're planning to go to SW on Sun. 11/14....can anyone tell me what the crowds are like on a Sunday? i'm hoping everyone will be over at F&W at EPCOT instead of at SW! Should we do the coasters first?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter