Help with a HS strategy!!

uramr

Jsdisneymom
Hello Disney planning experts!! What is the latest after park opening that you can get to the Jedi training area and still get a spot to do the training by early afternoon? With the new FP options our plan is to run to TSM at parking opening so that we can use a FP to ride Slinky Dog but I am worried that my Star Wars fan nieces will not get a spot in the training experience if we go after riding TSM. We will be there over spring break so a busy time. TIA!!

Haven't had any recent experience with JTA, but since no one else has commented, I'll jump in.

Based on the reports I've read on the Dis, I would hesitate to do TSM before signing up for JTA. I think the wait for JTA signup would be painfully long, and you might get shut out altogether.

Thank you! Anyone else with advice? Should we go to JTA first and then TSM??

I am trying to figure out the same thing. In the past we have gone straight to JTA right at rope drop and still had quite a wait. We have done it twice, once we received a fast pass after signing up and once we did not. If they give out fast passes for signing up, it makes things easier. I would go straight to JTA and then see how the park is after that.

I am going to suggest something that for me is bad. Get an ADR for pre-opening breakfast at Hollywood & Vine. When you get in the park go over and register immediately for the training then go eat and from there rush to Toy Story. In June when we registered the 8 year old there was a CM there telling people not to run to Jedi and still there was that one parent who picked up his 2 kids (one under each arm) who ran at full speed yelling get out of my way, get out of my way. It does fill up fast.

I don't have any personal experience of doing both at RD, but I've done Jedi Training a few times first thing in the morning .If I were in that situation, I would sign up for Jedi Training first. The worst that can happen is you will have to wait longer for TSMM. If you do it in reverse, Jedi Training could be full and you'd miss out entirely.

I am going to suggest something that for me is bad. Get an ADR for pre-opening breakfast at Hollywood & Vine. When you get in the park go over and register immediately for the training then go eat and from there rush to Toy Story. In June when we registered the 8 year old there was a CM there telling people not to run to Jedi and still there was that one parent who picked up his 2 kids (one under each arm) who ran at full speed yelling get out of my way, get out of my way. It does fill up fast.

That is what we are doing, but not intentionally. :earboy2: I didn't even know that we could sign up for the Jedi Training before park opening, early ADR or not. I wanted a pre-park opening character breakfast as we're early risers, and then was told that I could sign him up when we go in for our ADR!

That is what we are doing, but not intentionally. :earboy2: I didn't even know that we could sign up for the Jedi Training before park opening, early ADR or not. I wanted a pre-park opening character breakfast as we're early risers, and then was told that I could sign him up when we go in for our ADR!
Its not all bad if you have young children. There are Disney Junior characters there that you will not find anywhere else and the food will be a lot fresher and hot that early in the food cycle.

Several Dis posters have been reporting Jedi Training was still available into the early evening. (I don't remember the specific posts.) Search recent threads for "Jedi"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter