Help with dining options for April. Nothing available.

mickeyhereicome

Mouseketeer
I am late to booking dining. We will be in DL April 19-21. We are a party of 6 and I am having trouble finding dining. I realize this is going to be a busy time. Planning on doing DCA food and wine so not to worried about a meal that day. If I can't get a sit down meal what are some of the better counter service meals in DL and DCA. Since we only have 3 days is it worth the time it takes to leave the park for a meal at a hotel or downtown?

Last edited:
Try making a reservation for 4 people and then for 2 people. A lot more options popped up when I did that for your dates.
And even for a party of 6, there was availability at Storytellers for dinner and Wine Country Trattoria and River Belle Terrace for lunch. Also, if the times are not quite right (lunch at 2:30 for example) just take that time slot then try to modify the time.

Since everything is so close, I don't see any issue leaving the park for a meal. Walking to one of the restaurants at the Grand is barely leaving the park!

Another option that may work for you - the Denny's on Harbor. It's a half mile walk from Pirates (yes I looked on google maps :rotfl: )

Try making a reservation for 4 people and then for 2 people. A lot more options popped up when I did that for your dates.
And even for a party of 6, there was availability at Storytellers for dinner and Wine Country Trattoria and River Belle Terrace for lunch. Also, if the times are not quite right (lunch at 2:30 for example) just take that time slot then try to modify the time.
When I tried to make a reservation for 2 it wants me to cancel my reservation for 4. Am I doing something wrong?

When I tried to make a reservation for 2 it wants me to cancel my reservation for 4. Am I doing something wrong?
You need to have 2 different people be the lead guest, one on each reservation. When we did it, I would deselect myself as the lead guest and select my husband, then make a 2nd one with me as the lead. In your case, you'll need another member of your party to log in and make the reservation (or you log in as them to do it, which is what would happen at our house).

You need to have 2 different people be the lead guest, one on each reservation. When we did it, I would deselect myself as the lead guest and select my husband, then make a 2nd one with me as the lead. In your case, you'll need another member of your party to log in and make the reservation (or you log in as them to do it, which is what would happen at our house).
I can't figure out how to select lead guest in the app; I'm guessing I would need my husband to create his own account and do it that way?

Also, I was playing around with this, and I think I made reservations for CC for 9:10am on 5/9, but I can't actually see them anywhere. I just wanted to test it out and then cancel it, but I can't get it to display for me to cancel :/

I am late to booking dining. We will be in DL April 19-21. We are a party of 6 and I am having trouble finding dining. I realize this is going to be a busy time. Planning on doing DCA food and wine so not to worried about a meal that day. If I can't get a sit down meal what are some of the better counter service meals in DL and DCA. Since we only have 3 days is it worth the time it takes to leave the park for a meal at a hotel or downtown?
There are a lot of dining options within easy walking distance. Aforementioned Denny's, IHOP, Tomy Roma's, McDonald's, Mimi's, Panera. Not to mention other non-res places in the parks like Zocalo.

If you are specifically looking for unique dining experiences then yeah it's a concern, but if you just need to eat/refuel, there are a lot of options.

We love Rancho Del Zocalo. Also French Market, Jolly Holiday, Hungry Bear and Plaza Inn.

Outside the park, Mimi's is great and there are always the restaurants in Downtown Disney.

Don't give up on dining reservations yet. I was convinced I would never get Lamplight Lounge, then one day I checked and there was a perfect time/day for me.

I've had success using the Disney reservation finder websites. That's how I got my Oga's.

We love Rancho Del Zocalo. Also French Market, Jolly Holiday, Hungry Bear and Plaza Inn.

Outside the park, Mimi's is great and there are always the restaurants in Downtown Disney.

Don't give up on dining reservations yet. I was convinced I would never get Lamplight Lounge, then one day I checked and there was a perfect time/day for me.

I've had success using the Disney reservation finder websites. That's how I got my Oga's.
And yes I completely forgot to mention the Downtown Disney restaurants!

And, I just learned that some DTD restaurants (i.e. Catal) have reservations through Open Table.
Anyone know of other restaurants that can be booked other than through Disney?

I can't figure out how to select lead guest in the app; I'm guessing I would need my husband to create his own account and do it that way?

Use two different accounts with two different email addresses. When I’m planning a trip, I’m making reservations in my name, my wife’s name, and usually my mom’s name as well.

Does Plaza Inn take walk-ups for dinner? I thought it was reservation all day, but I'd be thrilled if we could just walk up!

We had great luck with last minute reservations for our fam of 5 in December. If there is a must do sign up for an alert.

As others have mentioned there’s great quick service food. We did our own “progressive dinner” one night because I just wanted to have ALL THE FOODS. Split a couple skewers at Bengal, grabbed some Taco’s at Zocola, gumbo at French Market, the almighty corn dog, etc.

I also found that downtown disney reservations didn’t pop up until closer to our date, and many didn’t need lunch reservations (Tortilla Jo’s and UVA bar to be specific.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter