Help with FP+ strategy

shan981

Mouseketeer
Our FP+ day is Monday and I’m really nervous and feel unprepared. Can anyone help with what order I should go for these things and how likely this plan is to work, or what I might need to change or have a backup plan for?

We are hoping for:
SDD (evening) on 60+4
FEA 60+3
FOP 60+5

We are doing MK on 60+2, 60+4 (but not planning on FP if we can get SDD that evening), and 60+9, also doing a party on 60+6, so I don’t think anything there should be a problem, so I guess I should do MK last. Or is 7DMT still tough? Would love it on 60+2 but if we can’t get it we would be fine with another day.

And what about the rest of TSL? We are also doing a full day of HS on 60+8, should I try for SDD both days so we can ride twice? And maybe RD for TSMM and do standby for AS2? We have a PPO breakfast at H&V so that should be doable, right? Or should we RD SDD that day and FP something else (assuming we get the evening FP earlier in our trip, which may be a pretty big assumption)?

Appreciate any input, I’m feeling really overwhelmed with this task.

Agreed, definitely FP SDD twice and RD the other TSL rides.

As for order, based on my recent experience SDD ended up being tougher to get than FOP, which I wasn't expecting, but it was also the day where all the newest MDE issues hit so who knows.

Based on that though, I'd go for:
SDD on 60+4
FOP on 60+5
FEA on 60+3
7DMT on 60+2
SDD on 60+8 (swap these last two if you really don't care if you get 7DMT)

Honestly though, with the way you've planned these days, I wouldn't expect any of these to be too difficult to get as long as you're on right when your window opens at 7am EST and assuming MDE doesn't prevent you from doing it.

Agreed, definitely FP SDD twice and RD the other TSL rides.

As for order, based on my recent experience SDD ended up being tougher to get than FOP, which I wasn't expecting, but it was also the day where all the newest MDE issues hit so who knows.

Based on that though, I'd go for:
SDD on 60+4
FOP on 60+5
FEA on 60+3
7DMT on 60+2
SDD on 60+8 (swap these last two if you really don't care if you get 7DMT)

Honestly though, with the way you've planned these days, I wouldn't expect any of these to be too difficult to get as long as you're on right when your window opens at 7am EST and assuming MDE doesn't prevent you from doing it.

Thanks so much! I hope you’re right! We also have 60+7 as an open day right now so if I have a problem with anything, I should have some flexibility. Is there anything else that I will have a hard time getting? We want to do Everest, all the mountains, etc. but from what I have read I think those should be easy to fill in after these big ones.

Thanks so much! I hope you’re right! We also have 60+7 as an open day right now so if I have a problem with anything, I should have some flexibility. Is there anything else that I will have a hard time getting? We want to do Everest, all the mountains, etc. but from what I have read I think those should be easy to fill in after these big ones.

Back when I did mine on 9/11, I had no issues at all booking all the mountains multiple times for our 8 day trip, 7DMT twice, Everest, RNRC, etc all after booking all the hard to get ones like you. But again, I was on right at 6am (CST). The system was having major issues but it only took me about 10-15 minutes to finally get in, so maybe that's why as everyone else was still locked out? Can't say for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter