Help with my itinerary!

hamilkm

DIS Veteran
Okay, I need a little help/critique with my Disneyland itinerary. A little back ground on the trip. We will be there April 29-May 5 staying in a 1 bedroom at the Grand Californian. The traveling group will be me, my mom, my 2 year old daughter, my moms best friend, and her friends daughter (one of my good friends). So 2 in their 60’s, 2 in their 30’s, and a toddler. My mom and I are DVC members and WDW annual pass holders. We went to Disneyland once about 3 years ago. My friend and her mom have never been to Disneyland or even California. This is my friends bucket list trip. She has been to WDW numerous times (most recently in October). I want to make this the best trip I can for our friends. We know we will be back in a few years, but they may never be back. Here is what I have in mind. Let me know what you think or what I should change.

April 29th- flights arrive around noon. Plan to spend the afternoon at the pool. Dinner at Goofy’s kitchen for my fab 5 loving toddler. (Our friends will probably go to the park this day because they are leaving a day before us. Don’t think the toddler will be park ready after the long trip from Alabama).

April 30th (Thursday)- lunch reservations somewhere in Disneyland (we like a sit down lunch with my toddler). Park hop and use max pass as much as possible in the morning. Go back to the room for afternoon nap. My friend and I are going to the Villians party at DCA this night.

May 1st (Friday)-
Park hop to both parks using max pass. Will do either fantastic dining package at blue bayou or the river belle terrace where you watch from your table. Neither 60 something can easily sit on the ground, so thought this might be a good option for our party.

May 2nd (Saturday)-
Our friends are doing a tour of the area. My mom, my daughter, and I will be taking it easy seeing shows and doing rides my daughter can ride. Will also be spending time at the pool.

May 3rd (Sunday)-
Hit whatever rides/shows we may have missed. Breakfast (around 10 or so) at the Plaza Inn with Minnie.

May 4th (Monday)-
Our friends leave this morning. My mom, daughter, and I are planning to see the new parade this day. Has their been an announcement of a parade package with reserved seating? So much easier with a toddler.

May 5th-
Breakfast at storytellers then flying home.

Are there any must do dining reservations I’ve missed? Favorite sit down and table service in the parks? We like one sit down meal each day. My 2 year old doesn’t tend to eat well at quick service. Thanks so much!

World of Color Dessert Party sounds like something that everyone would enjoy. Get to see WoC and sit at a table. Great show at DCA.

Also, you don’t mention Carthay Circle or Lamplight in DCA. I’d guess these are the most interesting TS choices in the parks for someone more familiar with WDW, other than perhaps Blue Bayou which you can do with the F! dining package.

Of course, all dining depends on personal taste preferences, so check menus.

World of Color Dessert Party sounds like something that everyone would enjoy. Get to see WoC and sit at a table. Great show at DCA.

Also, you don’t mention Carthay Circle or Lamplight in DCA. I’d guess these are the most interesting TS choices in the parks for someone more familiar with WDW, other than perhaps Blue Bayou which you can do with the F! dining package.

Of course, all dining depends on personal taste preferences, so check menus.
Thanks! We did WOC dessert party last time. I would love to do it again, but I’m not sure it’s in everyone’s budget. We enjoyed fantasmic more last trip. Thanks for the DCA restaurant suggestions. We didn’t do a sit down in that park last time!

Will do either fantastic dining package at blue bayou or the river belle terrace where you watch from your table. Neither 60 something can easily sit on the ground, so thought this might be a good option for our party.

I did the Blue Bayou Fantasmic Dining Package and you sit on the ground with that one. If you can watch Fantasmic from River Belle Terrace, then you want to book the package with River Belle Terrace. That being said, I think Blue Bayou is amazing place to eat, so maybe think about eating there for a different meal.

It might not be the kind of place you were looking for, but Flo's V8 Cafe is amazing. It is quick service, not table service, but worth going to.

The princess meal at Napa Rose looks cute if not a little pricey. Since you're a WDW AP, you must go a lot, but I'm questioning so many table service restaurants with a 2 year old? When my kids were that age it was kind of a nightmare to eat out with them...

The princess meal at Napa Rose looks cute if not a little pricey. Since you're a WDW AP, you must go a lot, but I'm questioning so many table service restaurants with a 2 year old? When my kids were that age it was kind of a nightmare to eat out with them...
My daughter does better at table service meals than quick service. We just got back from WDW last week, and she loves character meals! I know it’s strange, but my daughter does really well at restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter