Help with time/distance between attractions

shan981

Mouseketeer
I finally have all of our FP+ and ADRs set, and I was really happy with everything, but then I started looking at park maps and wondering if this is going to work. My EP and AK days seem especially bad. I’m not sure what I’ll be able to change at this point, but can anyone tell me how bad these will be? I can see where things are on the maps, but I haven’t been to EP and AK for about 7 years so it’s hard to remember exactly how far it is between the different areas.

EP:
FEA 9-10
Seas with Nemo 10-11
Turtle Talk 11:05-12:05
Via Napoli 11:50

AK:
Safari 9:10-10:10
FOP 10:25-11:25
Everest 11:35-12:35
No ADR but want to eat lunch at Flametree BBQ

Might as well throw in our HS evening as well because I had no idea what to do with this, our main priority there is TSL but of course could only pick one ride there.

HS:
Frozen Sing Along (don’t know if we even want to do this? I have boys 10, 1 and 1) 4:00-4:15
SDD 5:25-6:25
ToT 6:25-7:25

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Have you looked into getting the Touring Plans subscription? This is one of the things you can set up and see, plus the app is better (IMO) than MDE for checking wait times and getting in-park updates when you're finally there. For $15 bucks for the year it's totally worth it.

My suggestion would be to add attractions in between the FPs (as a way to work your way over to the side of the park you need to be on).

For instance, let's say you get to FEA at 9 am. You don't have to be at Seas with Nemo until 10 (unless you attempt to move up your FPs once you use the first one). So, after FEA, you could Meet Anna & Elsa, and then go to Soarin' or the Character Spot, or Living with the Land (or whatever) as you make your way to Seas with Nemo. Then do The Seas and Main Tank exhibit as you wait for your FP for Turtle Talk (or again, attempt to move up the FP or even go to Turtle Talk w/o a FP). Then roam the World Showcase as you make your way to Via Napoli.

Anyway, like siren0119 said, look into touringplans.com. I used it for my trip last month.

edit: BTW, I took my sons (10 and 4) to Frozen Sing a Long, and they loved it. It's so funny and entertaining!

You have plenty of time between FP. Like the previous poster said, you can do other attractions in between. For example, the walk from FEA to Nemo is probably about 10 minutes (at a leisurely pace).

At EP I’d rope drop TT and then MS and then use your FEA FP. I’d also do Nemo at the end of your FP window so you can do Crush right after (they are in the same building). I’d leave the building no later than 11:30 for Via Napoli.

Safari and FOP are longer rides so I’d do those at the beginning of your FP window. I’d do the same with SDD because the FP line might be long and you’ll have to walk to TOT after.

You have plenty of time between attractions. As other mentioned, I would look at adding something between the FPs, or use it as time to walk around and enjoy.

Thank you everyone! I’m glad to know I have plenty of time, I guess I was just worried about how much back and forth we’ll be doing. I was hoping to try to move my Nemo and Turtle Talk FP up after we do FEA so that we have a chance at getting a FP for Soarin’ later. But I also like the idea of fitting other things in in between.

I don't think it is going to be as bad as you imagine it will. Keep in mind that with a FP from 9 to 10, you COULD ride that right away at 9. With your second FP from 10 to 11, you COULD wait until 11, giving you a 2 hour window between them. That very likely won't be necessary though.

Honestly, I would probably ride Test Track at Rope Drop, expecting that I would be off it by say 9:30, and have plenty of time to walk over to FEA (about a 10 minute walk, perhaps 15 if you take your time, or have a slow walker in the group). Figure if you get in the FP line for FEA at 9:30, you should be done with the ride around 10, and perhaps a 15 minute walk to The Seas from there. Ride The Seas when you get there, and you will have a bit of time to use the bathroom before Turtle Talk. I would go to that probably right at 11, and from there, head straight toward World Showcase to get to your lunch ADR.
FEA 9-10
Seas with Nemo 10-11
Turtle Talk 11:05-12:05
Via Napoli 11:50

AK:
Safari 9:10-10:10
FOP 10:25-11:25
Everest 11:35-12:35
No ADR but want to eat lunch at Flametree BBQ

I don't see you having any problem with this schedule. In general, with the 1 hour FP windows, it isn't much of a challenge to get from one attraction to the other, and we often wind up going on other rides between them.

Last edited:

If you really want to know how far attractions are from each other, you can use Google maps

The only potential problem I see could be Turtle talk. Since it is a show, timing varies due to filling and emptying of theater. If you don''t get into a show until 11:30, you will not have enough time to get to lunch ADR.

I would rope drop test track or soarin and then go back and ride frozen and walk around the countries until your lunch and then do the Nemo after that. You really don’t need fast passes for the Nemo stuff. That would save you cross crossing the park.

I would rope drop test track or soarin and then go back and ride frozen and walk around the countries until your lunch and then do the Nemo after that. You really don’t need fast passes for the Nemo stuff. That would save you cross crossing the park.

Thanks! I figured we didn’t need those fast passes, but I had to pick two tier 2. How likely do you think it is to get Soarin’ as a 4th FP? That was my plan and why I scheduled them back to back (with hopes of moving them up) but if that’s not likely then maybe we will rope drop. We will have a 10yo and toddler twins so just trying to minimize wait times for the big rides that we can’t go on together.

Thanks! I figured we didn’t need those fast passes, but I had to pick two tier 2. How likely do you think it is to get Soarin’ as a 4th FP? That was my plan and why I scheduled them back to back (with hopes of moving them up) but if that’s not likely then maybe we will rope drop. We will have a 10yo and toddler twins so just trying to minimize wait times for the big rides that we can’t go on together.

I was able to get Soarin as a 4th fast pass. We were at mk and going to dinner at park fare and then to Epcot and I was able to get it around 4:30 for a 7:15-8:15 fast pass.
You just sometimes have to play the refresh game. I definitely wouldn’t cross back and forth in the am fro world show case and back before lunch.

If you really want to know how far attractions are from each other, you can use Google maps
I just looked - it's 1/2 inch from Space Mountain to Big Thunder!!!! Woot, I can do that in about 1 blink of an eye! :rotfl2:

If you aren't ready to commit to a touring plans subscription, you can use the site to create your own personalized plans for free. The plans allow you to adjust walking speed and also show your steps numerically on a park map. It's super fun to play with.

If you aren't ready to commit to a touring plans subscription, you can use the site to create your own personalized plans for free. The plans allow you to adjust walking speed and also show your steps numerically on a park map. It's super fun to play with.

Thanks! I actually did get a subscription, but I feel like it would have been more helpful before I made my FPs. But I will definitely try playing around with it more.

Thanks! I actually did get a subscription, but I feel like it would have been more helpful before I made my FPs. But I will definitely try playing around with it more.

We got the subscription after our FP were booked last year, it was still helpful in gauging time between things though! You are able to plug in existing FP and times when working up a custom touring plan. Since FP times can be at the mercy of what's available when you log in to book them, there'd still only be so much you could do to map things out ahead of time before booking FPs.

There is a fair chance that you will be able to bump The Seas, and Turtle Talk up to earlier times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter