I am unsure why people keep mentioning “that they hope Disney does not raise capacity” or something similar. Disney could offer no capacity limits right now and other than some specific weekends/holidays it would not matter. The demand for Disney/travel just is not there right now. If you closely watch the park reservation calendar other than AP no one has problems getting in which means they are not even close to worrying about numbers. In fact if they were worried about numbers you wouldn’t see AP availability all of a sudden go wide open meaning they are allowing more APs to attend because demand is not there. They just opened up more and more deals to get people to come while still trying to be respectful of Covid19 and not be “enticing” wide spread travel. Disney is not something most people do spur of the moment as well as Disney relies mostly on the non-Disney type visitors who don’t go all the time as their main money makers. Those people just aren’t going now especially with all the changes and operating procedures.

How are they checking temperatures? Have y'all seen anyone turned away?
We just arrived yesterday and have been to Epcot and MK so far. They have Advent Health employees (don't appear to be Disney cast members) in tents before you get to the security check, and they do a forehead scan as you enter. I assume if you are above a certain temperature - the device will beep differently, and they'll turn you away. So far - I haven't seen anyone turned away or require any kind of additional screening.

I assume if you are above a certain temperature - the device will beep differently, and they'll turn you away. So far - I haven't seen anyone turned away or require any kind of additional screening.
They don't just turn you away.

You are allowed to stay and cool down and have your temp taken again. Most guests that test hot are just warm from the walk the parking or the bus areas.

Dave

They don't just turn you away.

You are allowed to stay and cool down and have your temp taken again. Most guests that test hot are just warm from the walk the parking or the bus areas.

Dave

This is what I was curious about. We'll be walking from the Swan and was curious what they would do if we were above their threshold, which I assume is 100.4.

This is what I was curious about. We'll be walking from the Swan and was curious what they would do if we were above their threshold, which I assume is 100.4.
They have cooling tents they would send you to that have fans and ice water. They'll scan your temp again after you sit for a while. At the initial temp scan, if your forehead temp is high, they also scan behind your ear. My kids and I had that done a couple times, and that temp was cooler, so we were able to enter without going to the cooling tent. (Hot sun beating down on your forehead, and I have bangs as well that can trap heat. We checked our temps before leaving the room so we knew no one was feverish.)

Just checked in at RR and we're upgraded from tower studio to deluxe studio...we have now been upgraded for each of our stays post covid, which is nice. Haven't been down to the pool yet, but the parking lot is packed solid. We shall see....

Hi Guys

I wanted to hear from people who have recently been there how the waits/lines are for rides and food

We recently went to a local theme park (dorney park) and it was so unenjoyable, between them only letting people sit every other seat and then cleaning in between. We spent the entire day standing around waiting and extremely annoyed, barely rode anything

So I wanted to reach out to see what to expect

For rides and food please!

Thank you!

Main pool at RR is busier than we have seen it, but all good. They are checking names at the entrance instead of magic bands. Most chairs are taken currently, but still some available...which brings me to the family next to us...they are leaving their stuff here to go ride the rise of the resistance...ugh...see so many families looking for shade with little ones, but they are just leaving all their stuff here for the next couple of hours?? Silly

Main pool at RR is busier than we have seen it, but all good. They are checking names at the entrance instead of magic bands. Most chairs are taken currently, but still some available...which brings me to the family next to us...they are leaving their stuff here to go ride the rise of the resistance...ugh...see so many families looking for shade with little ones, but they are just leaving all their stuff here for the next couple of hours?? Silly

Silly no Selfish YES

Hi Guys

I wanted to hear from people who have recently been there how the waits/lines are for rides and food

We recently went to a local theme park (dorney park) and it was so unenjoyable, between them only letting people sit every other seat and then cleaning in between. We spent the entire day standing around waiting and extremely annoyed, barely rode anything

So I wanted to reach out to see what to expect

For rides and food please!

Thank you!
read a couple of pages back for recent reports

Sorry but that’s sooo rude ... some people only think of themselves 😠

What does this mean?
When things happen that we aren’t expecting it’s easy to forget about social distancing, especially when people are afraid and seeking safety. One incident we witnessed was during a lightning storm at Hollywood Studios, lightning hit and an alarm went off and Cast Members we trying to enforce social distancing outside a building that had an awning, the people standing there told the Cast Member it was ok that the family was clearly shaken up and seeking shelter. Not one time did we encounter people being ugly or requesting people to move out of their space, we saw grace and mercy extended.

Last edited:
Even though this is the Disney forum, Universal was horrible today (as i anticipated...i had really low expectations). Felt like a completely normal day you’d experience pre covid. We left around 430 because of how hot, crowded, wait times all well over 80 minutes, low mask compliance and no possibility of social distancing. Also the fact that more rides weren’t VQ shocked me

When things happen that we aren’t expecting it’s easy to forget about social distancing, especially when people are afraid and seeking safety. One incident we witnessed was during a lightning storm at Hollywood Studios, lightning hit and an alarm went off and Cast Members we trying to enforce social distancing outside a building that had an awning, the people standing there told the Cast Member it was ok that the family was clearly shaken up and seeking shelter. Not one time did we encounter people being ugly or requesting people to move out of their space, we saw grace and mercy extended.

If the "being ugly and requesting people move out of their space" was directed at me earlier in the thread complaining about the lack of social distancing, I find it a very odd characterization. I was not casting people out to a storm. I do not think it is"being ugly" to expect coughing people without masks to maintain 6 ft. Ifthey have to get closer due to weather, fine. That happened, I had no objection. But sitting down 2 ft away from children, removing your mask, and coughing IS being ugly in my opinion. asking someone not to do that is not the bad behavior here.

Sea World was packed today. Busier than I've seen it since my Christmas week trips of yore(mid 1990). It was very hard to distance from others. They had their mask enforcement squad out in full force and were doing a really good job.

There were just so many people that didn't listen. People just outright ignore instructions especially when leaving the stadiums.

Today reminded me of the days past when you'd get to the parade early and get a great spot only for it to be ruined last minute by someone squeezing in. They'd squeeze in instead of leaving the space they are supposed to at the shows.

We looking forward to going back during the week this week.

Tomorrow is Kennedy Space Center. I'm assuming it won't be crowded but we'll see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter