We did a three night stay at Poly last week. It was the absolute most relaxing Disney trip we’ve ever had. It went so well that we are booking two more stays this year (YC in three weeks & CR December) also going back next week for a MK day trip. Here are my highlights;
- No lines at MK on Sunday & Monday apart from 7DMT winch we walked on twice at rope drop. We didn’t do the the other mountains.
- Wonderful cast member interactions. We felt like VIP.
- Loved the surprise of character cavalcades.
- No stress of fast passes. We just asked the kids what they wanted to do next and that’s how our day went.
- Didn’t need to plan anything but dining.
- Menus were limited but food quality & service were great. (Kona, Capt Cooks, Tambu, Beaches & Cream & The wave)
- Never waited for a bus.
- Pools weren’t crowded winch made it easy to find chairs with shade.
Negatives;
- It was HOT!!!
- Missed fireworks but our kids fell asleep each night watching them on tv.
Masks;
I wanted to be totally transparent and share my experience. This trip was my husband and I and our two daughters ages one and three. The three year old did way better than I could have imagined but on Monday it was so hot at noon and she was exhausted we just couldn’t get her to wear her mask anymore so of course we left. This meant we had to walk through the park with her maskless in the stroller. So please keep that in mind if you see a small child not wearing their mask. Also, she took it off once in the stroller and must have dropped it somewhere on the ground. We had no idea she had no mask on until a cast member kindly made us aware. This last part is embarrassing but one night we were all hanging out in the room and wanted to walk outside to see the castle lit up. It wasn’t until we were walking back and I saw another family that I realized NONE of us had masks on!!! My husband and I felt so bad but it happened.

We did a three night stay at Poly last week. It was the absolute most relaxing Disney trip we’ve ever had. It went so well that we are booking two more stays this year (YC in three weeks & CR December) also going back next week for a MK day trip. Here are my highlights;
- No lines at MK on Sunday & Monday apart from 7DMT winch we walked on twice at rope drop. We didn’t do the the other mountains.
- No stress of fast passes. We just asked the kids what they wanted to do next and that’s how our day went.
- Menus were limited but food quality & service were great. (Kona, Capt Cooks, Tambu, Beaches & Cream & The wave)
Negatives;
- It was HOT!!!
Masks;
I wanted to be totally transparent and share my experience. This trip was my husband and I and our two daughters ages one and three. The three year old did way better than I could have imagined but on Monday it was so hot at noon and she was exhausted we just couldn’t get her to wear her mask anymore so of course we left. This meant we had to walk through the park with her maskless in the stroller. So please keep that in mind if you see a small child not wearing their mask. Also, she took it off once in the stroller and must have dropped it somewhere on the ground. We had no idea she had no mask on until a cast member kindly made us aware. This last part is embarrassing but one night we were all hanging out in the room and wanted to walk outside to see the castle lit up. It wasn’t until we were walking back and I saw another family that I realized NONE of us had masks on!!! My husband and I felt so bad but it happened.
We hung an unused (obviously) disposable mask on the door handle of our hotel room as a reminder to mask up before leaving the room - worked like a charm :)!

Epcot was busier today for sure. We ate breakfast at Chef Mickey and took the bus from the Contemporary to Epcot, were the first ones on the bus, got to Epcot super early. I knew if we didn't go right to Test Track we wouldn't be able to ride it and of course it wasn't running. So, needless to say we didn't get to ride it with wait times over an hour most of the day. Everything except Test Track and Frozen were manageable as far as wait times. Long wait to get into Mexico, but once you got it, the line for the ride wasn't long. We always say we are going to arrive at the parks before rope drop, and never manage to do so. This trip we have been super early using Disney transportation, usually one of the first ones in the park. Again spotted people walking to the hotel lobby with no masks on, still don't understand it. Social distancing isn't really going that well walking through the parks. People walk wherever they want through the parks and exiting rides is tough as well. If it's raining, all bets are off and people act like there is no need to social distance. We heard one kid say it was okay, they could take their masks off because it's raining out and covid can't spread in the rain.:oops:

Was at Epcot today. It was way more crowded than our previous visits and many times I was not comfortable with the amount of people around us. Lots of people walking around unmasked, both eating and not. A few times we found a shady spot to sit and feed the baby only to have another family come sit right next to us. So we got up and moved. My husband and I both agreed we would not be going back during holiday times.

Magic Kingdom on Wednesday was wonderful, on the other hand. Not crowded at all, and the relaxation area at Tomorrowland Terrace was so nice to feed the baby. Even the afternoon rainstorm didn’t ruin the day (baby slept through it :) ).

We were not at the pool long enough to see the squatters return...got hungry and went and ate at the pool bar...very yummy, but very busy!! We got a table when we got there at about 7:45...long line for go-to drinks...2 bartenders, Chris and Ken and 2 servers on the floor. The food is always good!!! Highly recommend!!

How was it going with a one year old not required to wear a mask? We are going with our one year old next month and I just don’t want to spend our whole trip being stopped and asked about her age...🤪

Negatives;
- It was HOT!!!
Masks;

Was at Epcot today. It was way more crowded than our previous visits and many times I was not comfortable with the amount of people around us. Lots of people walking around unmasked, both eating and not. A few times we found a shady spot to sit and feed the baby only to have another family come sit right next to us. So we got up and moved. My husband and I both agreed we would not be going back during holiday times.

Magic Kingdom on Wednesday was wonderful, on the other hand. Not crowded at all, and the relaxation area at Tomorrowland Terrace was so nice to feed the baby. Even the afternoon rainstorm didn’t ruin the day (baby slept through it :) ).
Overall this sums up exactly how we feel for out Epcot visit today. Yuck, had and absolutely disappointing no mask experience today today and was just shocked. We were waiting outside for journey, there was a family behind us, good news they were distancing, so did not pay much attention. As we entered the building we had to let them go ahead as someone from our party was finishing water. I never noticed but their 8yr was not hearing a mask, the castmember saw it right away as they were entering the main line, he had a brief exchange about the no mask, then let them go on. He called someone else to report the violation. They continued through the line. Ride breaks down as that family is right in front of the final castmember about to board the ride vehicles. After about 5 minutes and the we broke down announcement they family sits down and all the masks come off. A second cast member, again who is right in front of them does nothing. I was so disappointed. We left the line as I did not feel comfortable being enclosed and with zero mask compliance next family in front of me. I left the ride, expressed my concerns, was basically told sorry and he did call someone to assist them. However I feel, they should have never been let in the building, and the other castmember should have asked them to put their masks on while waiting...

Maybe they said something to the 1st castmember not sure and made him feel uncomfortable, but overall we were not happy today especially with all the drinking eating and no masks.

Last edited:
We are here now. More crowded than I wanted. 😞 Mask compliance around 80 -85% while in MK, better at EOCOT yesterday. My question is, where are people obtaining drinking water? We can only seem to find it in the Starbucks locations, as many counter services do not appear open and the little kiosks that sell ice cream and popcorn don’t have tap water. Today we waited in a Starbucks line for 40 minutes for coffee, breakfast, and waters. Yesterday at EPCOT, we also obtained water from Starbucks with only about a 15 minute wait. We want to stay hydrated without spending money on bottle water. Heading to AK tomorrow and then HS on Monday and back to MK on Tuesday. Anyone know of quick access to ice water?

We are here now. More crowded than I wanted. 😞 Mask compliance around 80 -85% while in MK, better at EOCOT yesterday. My question is, where are people obtaining drinking water? We can only seem to find it in the Starbucks locations, as many counter services do not appear open and the little kiosks that sell ice cream and popcorn don’t have tap water. Today we waited in a Starbucks line for 40 minutes for coffee, breakfast, and waters. Yesterday at EPCOT, we also obtained water from Starbucks with only about a 15 minute wait. We want to stay hydrated without spending money on bottle water. Heading to AK tomorrow and then HS on Monday and back to MK on Tuesday. Anyone know of quick access to ice water?
Unless you want to buy it it must be at a counter service or cart with a soda fountain.

If the "being ugly and requesting people move out of their space" was directed at me earlier in the thread complaining about the lack of social distancing, I find it a very odd characterization. I was not casting people out to a storm. I do not think it is"being ugly" to expect coughing people without masks to maintain 6 ft. Ifthey have to get closer due to weather, fine. That happened, I had no objection. But sitting down 2 ft away from children, removing your mask, and coughing IS being ugly in my opinion. asking someone not to do that is not the bad behavior here.
In no way was this directed at you, I apologize if it sounded as if it was.
Honestly, i haven’t even seen your post.

We stayed at Pop last week. There was always plenty of ice water at the food court. We would get a couple cups in the morning and then again at night. I know we got it at the Joeffreys stand in front of Space at MK, at the stand by the relaxation station in front of Mission Space at Epcot, Restaurantasourous at AK. We also made sure to ask for to-go cups of watersat each TS Meal. I’m sure there were others, but we also had refillable bottles with us so did that part of the time too. Hope this helps!

How was it going with a one year old not required to wear a mask? We are going with our one year old next month and I just don’t want to spend our whole trip being stopped and asked about her age...🤪
She is very tall of her age and I was worried about the same thing. One cast member asked the ages of both the kids when entering the park. I only had one older couple stop me and ask me her age and if she was required to wear a mask. At first I was a little annoyed but after talking to them they were just curious because they had a granddaughter around the same age and wanted her to join them on a family trip. There is no way on this planet I’d be able to get her to wear a mask. I’ve tried and I imagine it would be similar to bathing a cat. Guests and cast members seemed very lenient to those children who were in that very early one to two year old age range.

We stayed at Pop last week. There was always plenty of ice water at the food court. We would get a couple cups in the morning and then again at night. I know we got it at the Joeffreys stand in front of Space at MK, at the 3stand by the relaxation station in front of Mission Space at Epcot, Restaurantasourous at AK. We also made sure to ask for to-go cups of watersat each TS Meal. I’m sure there were others, but we also had refillable bottles with us so did that part of the time too. Hope this helps!

I wonder about refilling the water bottles. Any posted signs restricting this on fountains? Have they installed the semi-contactless kind of bottle fillers that you depress with the full side of the bottle?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter