OK, weird question. My SIL can no longer go on our trip but a family friend can. Can we just keep the room, ticket, and park pass in the old name or do we have to switch to the new person's name? I am worried we will lose our HS park reservation if we go through all the hassle anyway...
As long as she's not the lead guest on the room, yes just keep everything the same and whoever is going now will use your sil magicband etc. If she is the lead guest; it's more complicated and a bit of a gamble, but honestly would still probably work out fine.

For those who have been recently, are any of the EPCOT rides operating before the park opens?
We arrived @ Epcot on Sunday before the park opened and walked right onto Space Mountain & Buzz and then got in line for Frozen all before park-open. (Still had to wait almost an hour for Frozen, but) yes, they let people on early, at least on Sunday when we were there!

Got to HS today and was in line for the parking tolls at 9:00am. Parked, got through security and tapstiles and in line for MMRR at 9:30. They told me that it was an 80min wait when I got in line. Actual wait time was 50min. Loved that ride so much!!!

At 10am we snagged BG 34 for RotR. I turned off location settings while in line and at 9:55 I reset the app. Watched the second hand on the Apple Watch and jumped for joy when we got it! It started boarding right away, but just went down. Crossing my fingers it gets up and going again soon.
Are folks finding that they are able to get boarding groups typically while in line for MMRR? What I mean is, is that a good location to attempt?

Those who have recently attended F&W at EPCOT, do they give you a master menu (like a park map) when you enter or should I print a listing off ahead of time?
There is a QR code posted everywhere around the festival areas to download all the menus (but, they are organized individually so you do have to click on each one to view the individual menus, it's not like one giant long list with all 30 booths' menu offerings in a row). As far as a printed one, I didn't see that (but doesn't mean they don't have it).

Are folks finding that they are able to get boarding groups typically while in line for MMRR? What I mean is, is that a good location to attempt?
We arrived @ HS (this past) Sat around 9:20am & immediately got in line for MMRR. They started boarding for that ride @ 9:30. Of course, we boarded the ride (which is 4 mins & 30 secs long BTW) @ 9:56 so we were on the ride (toward the end during a particularly bumpy part lol) when the clock turned 10:00--but we had all been practicing & researching like crazy for days and managed to get BG 7! The family in the car behind us also got one, not sure what group. We all went bananas for the last 1-2 mins of the ride, I don't even remember the ending! 🤪 FYI all 4 of us in my group (me, my hubby & our 2 kids) had 4 bars on our phones for the whole ride. While we were outside in the queue, the bars kept changing up & down from 2-3-4. Actually better for all of inside the ride! Two of us used the Dis wifi & two of us used cell data. My 14-yr old daughter was the one who got the BP using data. Got off the ride @ 10:02, went over to GE, our BG was called, & we basically walked on ROTR. Went on MFSR right afterward, wait for that was bout 30 mins. Couldn't believe we were on & off these 3 rides by 11am.

We arrived @ Epcot on Sunday before the park opened and walked right onto Space Mountain & Buzz and then got in line for Frozen all before park-open. (Still had to wait almost an hour for Frozen, but) yes, they let people on early, at least on Sunday when we were there!
I think you have your parks muddled a bit. Space Mountain and Buzz are in the Magic Kingdom and Frozen is in Epcot. The OP was asking about rides open in Epcot prior to park opening.

I think you have your parks muddled a bit. Space Mountain and Buzz are in the Magic Kingdom and Frozen is in Epcot. The OP was asking about rides open in Epcot prior to park opening.
Lol, OMG I just realized that myself, my brain is Disney mush after getting back from a 6-day trip! We DID arrive early @ MK on Thurs & got on those 2 rides before park open; Sun we arrived @ Epcot about 10 min before open and went straight to Frozen, where we waited for just under an hour. It did not appear they were letting people on anything prior to 11am when the park opened. (Sorry about the original confusing answer--I need a vacation from my vacation!)

Got evacuated off of FOP about an hour ago. Had to fight with guest relations for a fast pass return. We we watching the video right before you go into the ride room.

this is why people are not thrilled with Disney. In years past they would be handing out fast passes as you were walking off the ride. Not cool Disney, not cool! 😡😡😡

We arrived @ HS (this past) Sat around 9:20am & immediately got in line for MMRR. They started boarding for that ride @ 9:30. Of course, we boarded the ride (which is 4 mins & 30 secs long BTW) @ 9:56 so we were on the ride (toward the end during a particularly bumpy part lol) when the clock turned 10:00--but we had all been practicing & researching like crazy for days and managed to get BG 7! The family in the car behind us also got one, not sure what group. We all went bananas for the last 1-2 mins of the ride, I don't even remember the ending! 🤪 FYI all 4 of us in my group (me, my hubby & our 2 kids) had 4 bars on our phones for the whole ride. While we were outside in the queue, the bars kept changing up & down from 2-3-4. Actually better for all of inside the ride! Two of us used the Dis wifi & two of us used cell data. My 14-yr old daughter was the one who got the BP using data. Got off the ride @ 10:02, went over to GE, our BG was called, & we basically walked on ROTR. Went on MFSR right afterward, wait for that was bout 30 mins. Couldn't believe we were on & off these 3 rides by 11am.

How did you practice?

Hi fellow Disney planners! Just got back from a 5-night/6-day trip Monday evening and thought instead of typing out our entire experience in great detail (because, if left to my own devices, I’ll write a 20-page novella) I thought I'd just outline what we did, and if anyone is doing any of these activities for their upcoming trip and has any specific questions (re airports/airplanes, Riviera, pool, Skyliner, buses, Disney Springs, shopping, dining, Food & Wine, all 4 parks, rides, cavalcades, queues, masks, social distancing, timing, etc) feel free to ask & I'll do my best to answer!! Went with my hubby & our 2 kids, 12 & 14. Rescheduled trip from canceled March plans. Also maybe worth mentioning, 1st time staying @ Riviera & 1st time eating @ every single restaurant/bar we visited. We’re DVC BTW.

Wed 9/23: Arrived in Orlando @ 3pm from Chicago/Ohare (United Club B open @ Ohare BTW). Did not rent a car, took Magical Express. Stayed @ Riviera. Took bus to Disney Springs, ate dinner @ Homecomin' & shopped a little. Went back to the Riv & hit the pool & hot tub.

Thurs 9/24: Went to MK via AM bus. Did 12 attractions (not in this order, I don’t remember now, sorry): Small World, Big Thunder, Buzz, Jungle Cruise, Philharmagic, Peter Pan, Pirates, 7 Dwarfs, Space Mt, Splash, Tiki Room, & Haunted Mansion. Lunch @ Skipper Canteen; Happy Hour @ Tony’s; Dinner @ Be Our Guest. Left empty park around 7:45/after close; took bus back to Riv.

Fri 9/25: Went to AK via AM bus. Did 7 attractions (again, not in order): Flight of Passage (twice), Navi River, Kali Rapids, Everest (twice), Safari, Dinosaur, & Tough to be a Bug. Ate lunch @ Yak & Yeti; intended to do a Happy Hour @ Nomad Lounge but decided to go on those 2 rides a 2nd time instead due to shorter wait times. Took bus back to Riv, showered & went to Topolino’s for dinner.

Sat 9/26: Went to HS via AM Skyliner. Did 9 attractions (no order): Tower of Terror, Rockin Rollercoaster, Min/Mick RR, Rise/Resistance, Smuggler’s Run, Slinky, Toy Story, Alien Saucers, & Muppet 3D. Lunch @ Sci Fi; Happy Hour @ Oga’s; cancelled dinner @ Paddlefish @ DS due to lateness & heat exhaustion/vertigo, bleah. Left park via Skyliner around 6pm. Got take-out @ Riviera’s counter service Primo Piatto & took up to room.

Sun 9/27: Went to Epcot via late-AM Skyliner. Did 7 attractions (no order): Frozen, Soarin, Test Track, Grand Fiesta boat, Journey/Imagination/Figment, Mission Space, Epcot Experience. (Wanted to do Living w/ the Land & Spaceship Earth but ran out of time.) Lunch @ Food & Wine; Happy Hour @ Spice Road; Dinner @ Le Cellier. BTW it POURED this night. Bus back to Riv. due to no Skyliner/rain.

Mon 9/28: Brunch @ Topolino’s for character meal. Late check-out @ noon. Did DVC tour of tower studio, 2- & 3-bedroom units @ Riv. Took Uber to airport due to Magical Express snafu. (United Club not open @ airport so waited @ gate.) The End!

LMK if you want any details about any facets of our trip, I am happy to share whatever I can! I will say, at the end of the day, while we had some concerns, worries, reservations, questions, etc before leaving (and, we did miss the fireworks and wearing masks in the heat was rough), overall we had a great & safe time and we are really glad we went.

Hi fellow Disney planners! Just got back from a 5-night/6-day trip Monday evening and thought instead of typing out our entire experience in great detail (because, if left to my own devices, I’ll write a 20-page novella) I thought I'd just outline what we did, and if anyone is doing any of these activities for their upcoming trip and has any specific questions (re airports/airplanes, Riviera, pool, Skyliner, buses, Disney Springs, shopping, dining, Food & Wine, all 4 parks, rides, cavalcades, queues, masks, social distancing, timing, etc) feel free to ask & I'll do my best to answer!! Went with my hubby & our 2 kids, 12 & 14. Rescheduled trip from canceled March plans. Also maybe worth mentioning, 1st time staying @ Riviera & 1st time eating @ every single restaurant/bar we visited. We’re DVC BTW.

Wed 9/23: Arrived in Orlando @ 3pm from Chicago/Ohare (United Club B open @ Ohare BTW). Did not rent a car, took Magical Express. Stayed @ Riviera. Took bus to Disney Springs, ate dinner @ Homecomin' & shopped a little. Went back to the Riv & hit the pool & hot tub.

Thurs 9/24: Went to MK via AM bus. Did 12 attractions (not in this order, I don’t remember now, sorry): Small World, Big Thunder, Buzz, Jungle Cruise, Philharmagic, Peter Pan, Pirates, 7 Dwarfs, Space Mt, Splash, Tiki Room, & Haunted Mansion. Lunch @ Skipper Canteen; Happy Hour @ Tony’s; Dinner @ Be Our Guest. Left empty park around 7:45/after close; took bus back to Riv.

Fri 9/25: Went to AK via AM bus. Did 7 attractions (again, not in order): Flight of Passage (twice), Navi River, Kali Rapids, Everest (twice), Safari, Dinosaur, & Tough to be a Bug. Ate lunch @ Yak & Yeti; intended to do a Happy Hour @ Nomad Lounge but decided to go on those 2 rides a 2nd time instead due to shorter wait times. Took bus back to Riv, showered & went to Topolino’s for dinner.

Sat 9/26: Went to HS via AM Skyliner. Did 9 attractions (no order): Tower of Terror, Rockin Rollercoaster, Min/Mick RR, Rise/Resistance, Smuggler’s Run, Slinky, Toy Story, Alien Saucers, & Muppet 3D. Lunch @ Sci Fi; Happy Hour @ Oga’s; cancelled dinner @ Paddlefish @ DS due to lateness & heat exhaustion/vertigo, bleah. Left park via Skyliner around 6pm. Got take-out @ Riviera’s counter service Primo Piatto & took up to room.

Sun 9/27: Went to Epcot via late-AM Skyliner. Did 7 attractions (no order): Frozen, Soarin, Test Track, Grand Fiesta boat, Journey/Imagination/Figment, Mission Space, Epcot Experience. (Wanted to do Living w/ the Land & Spaceship Earth but ran out of time.) Lunch @ Food & Wine; Happy Hour @ Spice Road; Dinner @ Le Cellier. BTW it POURED this night. Bus back to Riv. due to no Skyliner/rain.

Mon 9/28: Brunch @ Topolino’s for character meal. Late check-out @ noon. Did DVC tour of tower studio, 2- & 3-bedroom units @ Riv. Took Uber to airport due to Magical Express snafu. (United Club not open @ airport so waited @ gate.) The End!

LMK if you want any details about any facets of our trip, I am happy to share whatever I can! I will say, at the end of the day, while we had some concerns, worries, reservations, questions, etc before leaving (and, we did miss the fireworks and wearing masks in the heat was rough), overall we had a great & safe time and we are really glad we went.
HiHow did you feel Epcot crowds were on a Sunday? How were the lines for Food and Wine?

Today we arrived at Epcot at 10:05 or so. We were about the 4th car back in our queue. They started letting cars in at 10:15, and we were on Test Track by 10:30 and on Soarin a little before 11. FEA also is letting line up at 10:15. We did so another day, and they opened about 10:40.

For those who have been recently, are any of the EPCOT rides operating before the park opens?

Last edited:
We did Epcot on a Sunday, and today, a Wednesday. Sunday was really crowded. Today was amazing. Light crowds, low lines for all but TT and FEA, and those were under an hour. Food booth lines low.
HiHow did you feel Epcot crowds were on a Sunday? How were the lines for Food and Wine?

Well, to be honest, we were a little shocked (and disappointed/annoyed) at the crowds @ Epcot Sunday! We'd been thinking all along that Epcot would be our least stressful/busy day, that we could just wander around the countries, leisurely enjoy F&W, go on the handful of attractions we wanted, etc, but it ended up being the "worst" park day we had! It was SO hot and humid, and it was really crowded (mostly in the World Showcase/around the F&W areas--the other side wasn't quite as crowded--but we did have to wait considerably for every major ride)--and it was the only park day we didn't make a reservation for lunch as we purposefully planned to hit multiple F&W booths. Which we did... but we didn't end up going to the ones we really wanted as the lines were just too long. Not helping was that our kids' least favorite park is Epcot. (So the constant whining was excellent.) We'd never been to WDW/Epcot during F&W before, so honestly, between having only been there in the past w/ our kids during apparently less-busy times as well as having "low crowd September expectations" from reading online info (and being SO excited to experience F&W for the 1st time), we were sorely mistaken/misinformed. (It also started POURING rain, as in, torrential downpour/flooding, during our dinner, so while we'd been excited to have another hour+ in a dark park post-dinner for a ride or two, we just ran literally soaking wet from Le Cellier to Figment and then to a giftshop and then to the bus stop instead of Skyliner.) It was all really too bad. HAVING SAID ALL THAT HOWEVER...!!!!!!! We did go on 85% of the things we'd wanted, and the food/drinks we did get (@ the 5 booths and 2 restaurants we visited) were all absolutely fantastic. (First time @ F&W, Spice Road, & Le Cellier, so am happy to share food & drink experiences if anyone is interested.) I still love LOVE Epcot so much, even though this particular experience kinda sucked. Chalking it up to the glory that is 2020!

Last edited:
Sounds like you are having a great time!

Just curious on the tub. Once the water drains, it runs a loud cleaning cycle that lasts a couple minutes. Could this be what you experienced?

Yes, someone on Facebook finally explained it to me. I so don’t get why the front desk and engineering didn’t know this. Also it cycled through at least 3 times without any interference from us. Idk.

Great report! Where is the locator permission that you turned off on you phone? Is it in the Disney app?

On an iPhone, go to settings, find MDE and turn Location Services to Never.

Day 3 (Monday) Today was apparently a holiday for local schools so I was worried it would make Magic Kingdom crazy. We got to the boat doc at 8. No boat came until 8:30, when 2 arrived. The line was long in front of us so I think those were the first of the day. We got on the second one.

We made it to MK around 8:45 and headed to 7DMT. It said 50 minutes. We got in line at 9:06 and we’re boarding at 9:40 (34 minutes). We were worried when we got in line since it was back to Storybook Circus but we moved quickly.

Much more than HS, I noticed a lot of the queues at MK just involved walking continuously.
We got in line for Peter Pan which said 25 minutes at 9:55 and had ridden and were in line for Haunted Mansion, which said 35 minutes, by 10:18. We boarded HM at 10:33.

Before getting in line for HM, DS said he was hungry so we checked out getting Cheshire Cat Tails from Cosmic Rays. The next available pick up window didn’t open for almost 20 minutes so it was open by the time we got off HM. We headed over there and enjoyed our tails. Very sweet and buttery but excellent warm pastry.

DS has local friends and they arrived right as we were finishing. They hadn’t eaten so we stayed while they ordered cheeseburgers and DS was still hungry so he got nuggets. Standard Disney fare.
With the kids topped off, we headed to Splash which said 55 minutes at noon and we were off in 41. Next up was BTMRR which said 45 minutes. We got in line 1:12 and we’re boarding at 1:26.

By now it was 93 degrees out and the kids were getting melty. Citrus swirls for everyone! DH got it as a float with Sprite and loved it. It was my first citrus swirl and I loved the combo!
They were better but still hot so it seemed like a great time for Carousel of Progress. The wait said 25 and the line was down the ramp out into the sun, but we made it on the following rotation. DS’s friends had never seen it and were skeptical, but they laughed out loud several times. John, always entertaining.

The crew headed to Space and since my vertigo says no to rides in circles in the dark, I left them to go shopping on Main Street. They said the wait wasn’t bad at all.

The crew headed to Space and since my vertigo says no to rides in circles in the dark, I left them to go shopping on Main Street. They said the wait wasn’t bad at all.

I walked by Merchant of Venus and it was closed, so I headed to the jewelers in Main Street. I picked up the new Jack ears, some Tinkerbell earrings for my mom for watching the dogs and decided to check out the Pandora items since the only non-post earrings they had were $125. FYI I haven’t seen any dangly earrings anywhere else.

There was a line for the Pandora section, but I had time. We were waiting on markers in the store when it started pouring, hard. That’s when they decided to relocate us outside. It was covered, but it started coming down harder and sideways so it was impossible to stay totally dry. The line took 15-20 since they can only let 4 families in at a time. I rewarded myself with a Madame Leota charm. I like to wear them singly on a necklace and it’s a beautiful color. I have the Wishes black bead that I wear all the time. People ask me about it a lot. I love the Parks exclusive ones.

The rain was lighter and the Emporium stores were calling. There was a long line, but it took less than 2 minutes, even though it went by at least 3 stores/sections. There were a lot of people inside, but distancing was no harder than at the grocery store and people were respectful, often apologizing and taking a step back when we accidentally got too close.

The boys had texted they were done and wanted Pirates. I do not love it at WDW like I do at DL so I finished my shopping and headed to Liberty Square for a Constance Wedding Cake. I passed people leaving the park in droves, despite that it was just sprinkling now. The cake was good but the novelty exceeded the flavor, more raspberry cream flavor than actual cake.

The boys must have boarded in minutes as they were off and wanted Jungle Cruise. It had just reopened and they boarded before I could even make the 2 minute walk. I rejoined them after.

It was after 5 and we decided we needed another ride on HM. We walked continuously for about 3 minutes. After the ride, we said goodbye to DS’s friends and DH and I forced DS onto Small World. It was an under 10 minute wait and we were exiting as the park closed.

We took the resort launch back and enjoyed the post-rain weather on the boat. The boats are my favorite part of the MK resorts. It’s so serene on the water.
We cleaned up as we were eating at The Wave. We were a few minutes late because I could find my Tevas. I finally realized my husband had worn them to go get the car. Rofl. I wear a women’s 9 and he wears a men’s 11. This might be the best example of how tired we were.

The tables were far apart and the had plates for us to put our masks on. I had a bite of the bread, and it was ok, but I wanted to save all the room for bacon and eggs. The pork belly was melt in your mouth, drool as your eating it good. The eggs and grits were excellent too and so creamy. We’ve been eating a whole food, no sweetener diet for about 90 days so they were on the rich side for me, but I ate them anyway. Lol. The egg was excellent and cooked perfectly.

DH and I decided to order Caesar salads and split a beef tenderloin. DS had gotten a Caesar for an appetizer and said it was “spicy.” That’s the word he uses whether it’s zesty, tangy, tart, peppery or hot. I understood what he meant. It didn’t taste like black pepper to me but, but I would still call it a peppery spice. I enjoyed it and finished it. The tenderloin was just good. Maybe the bacon and eggs were too tough an act to follow. I didn’t love the potatoes. I felt the cream overwhelmed the potatoes, cheese, seasoning, all the other flavors. Overall it was an excellent meal with slightly salty, great service from Peggy. Add in 10% off and we will definitely eat there again!

We were all exhausted from the day and headed to bed. So here are my thoughts on masks... They aren’t as awful as I was dreading, but they do wear you out faster, I think. The heat was brutal this day and I feel I could have dealt with it better without the extra sweat on my face, being able to drink as we were walking places and having unfettered access to air. It’s not a deal breaker for me but it’s something to factor in. Count on tiring more quickly, count on needing more seated breaks, count on taking advantage of air conditioning and be sure to have extras for when the rain gets them.

I loved this day. I felt we all had our own versions of a perfect Disney day and the cm’s still make the magic. They are so happy to be there and they have always made Disney the place it is.

Also DS had worn his Scoops Ahoy Steve costume but we only saw maybe 10 other people in costume, outside of little girls in princess dresses.

Sorry I’m on my iPhone and apparent this forum hates my pictures. Lol. If a moderator can fix them, that would be awesome. Otherwise I can when I get back to my computer.

947B58CC-2B51-4B52-B119-17400C634D1E.jpeg

FD4A0763-F8CF-4A30-8B20-CDC4BF624701.jpeg154F75A5-C8FA-4991-AADD-4B0DD995B6F3.jpeg25C9920B-4689-413F-BD81-5E38E3A4E0A2.jpeg521A610C-EC35-4FAD-933D-A7050F365EE8.jpegA968DBA9-DD6D-4CE5-B190-5CE1CF90842B.jpeg

Attachments

• 197130DB-EC2B-4621-93CF-174A6C4AFDD9.jpeg
    197130DB-EC2B-4621-93CF-174A6C4AFDD9.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

great post thank you!!! Question: you cancelled a same day dining reservation at paddlefish, did you incur a cancellation charge? I was wondering if there was any flexibility with those? I can see if it storms and we are soaking etc what flexibility we have with cancellation or just heat exhaustion and needing to head back to the resort.

Back at Marriott. Spent the day from 1-7:30 @ Epcot.
Rode:
Soarin - Walked on @ 1:30
Test Track - 20 mins @ 2:00
Ate some great food in China - Mongolian Beef Bao Bun, Chicken Dumplings, Spicy Shrimp then got 2 amazing egg rolls next door at the Tea stand.
Frozen - 30 mins @ 3:15
Spaceship Earth @ 4:00
Churros and Popcorn next to the relaxation station to the left of Test Track - It's the ONLY popcorn stand in Epcot open.
Test Track - 30 mins @ 4:30
Walked all the countries and ate some snack foods.
Three Caballeros - Walked on @ 6:30
Frozen again - 10 mins @ 6:45

Great day.

No restaurants open in countries. Still, a lot of stands closed.

Definitely busy in the countries - I would say 90% compliance with masks. Did see people walking and eating or drinking. Only saw one Disney Security demand a group put the mask on.
Doing the rides I felt 100% safe. Walking the countries was tight at times.

Tomorrow we decided MK about 9:45 am after the initial rush. Doing 6 or 7 rides and done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter