Are folks finding that they are able to get boarding groups typically while in line for MMRR? What I mean is, is that a good location to attempt?
We got ours in line as well as my sister in law. They were about 5-10min behind us in line. We were not in the building yet either. There were quite of few shouts of joy from people getting it that we heard too. Unfortunately an older couple right in front of us did not get a boarding group though.

For those who have been recently, are any of the EPCOT rides operating before the park opens?
We went to Epcot on Tuesday and arrived early. Our group had some go to TT and some go to Frozen before park opening. Not sure if any other rides are up and going though.

I went in and was playing with Mobile Ordering. They have completely removed the option to pay with a Gift Card or Disney Redemption Rewards Card. Very worried about this getting fixed!
I had the same experience last night and I did a chat on MDE asking about it. The Cast member told me to use the add a card feature - I told her I tried and it would only allow a credit card. I was using it at P&J’s in Fort Wilderness. I was hoping it was just that restaurant and in the park today I would be able to use it.
If I tell a CM that I don’t have a phone at a place like Pecos Bill’s will they let us in to order the old fashioned way?

our entire meal budget is my Disney rewards Redemption Card 😬

I had the same experience last night and I did a chat on MDE asking about it. The Cast member told me to use the add a card feature - I told her I tried and it would only allow a credit card. I was using it at P&J’s in Fort Wilderness. I was hoping it was just that restaurant and in the park today I would be able to use it.
If I tell a CM that I don’t have a phone at a place like Pecos Bill’s will they let us in to order the old fashioned way?

our entire meal budget is my Disney rewards Redemption Card 😬

I just updated my MDE app and the option for using a gift card or rewards redemption card is back!
Crisis averted! On to the Magic Kingdom 😍⭐

I just updated my MDE app and the option for using a gift card or rewards redemption card is back!
Crisis averted! On to the Magic Kingdom 😍⭐

Thanks for the update. However, you MUST update the app to get that payment option back. When I first went in it was not there and I updated and it was.

great post thank you!!! Question: you cancelled a same day dining reservation at paddlefish, did you incur a cancellation charge? I was wondering if there was any flexibility with those? I can see if it storms and we are soaking etc what flexibility we have with cancellation or just heat exhaustion and needing to head back to the resort.
I called Paddlefish directly (like, 90 mins before our reservation time) and cancelled over the phone with the hostess--she was totally fine to cancel but she did tell me to also call Disney to make sure they knew (as we'd made the ADR thru Dis, not PF). So I called Dis and the Castmember did ask me why I was cancelling and I told her I did not feel well--and that we wouldn't have made it anyway due to getting so behind @ the park that day. She said that normally she would have charged me (or, rather the system would automatically charge me) $10 per person for a same-day cancellation but that because I'd cancelled it first w/ Paddlefish it wouldn't incur a charge. Since Paddlefish is @ Dis Springs and you can call it directly, it worked--but if you wanted to cancel @ a park or resort restaurant that you cannot call directly & can only call the main Dis #, I have a feeling you'd be charged. I suppose you could always just walk over to the restaurant ahead of time to cancel in person if you're @ the park where you're eating, but if it were @ a resort, I'm not sure... Can people call resorts directly? I think not, again, you'd have to call the main # and plead your case. (And apparently saying I don't feel well or that I am too late due to rides/lines etc wouldn't have worked for me! Cancelling directly w/ PF was the reason I got out of it.)

Overall the lines for every ride were ridiculously long. They need to increase capacity on the rides like load every row. It can’t continue like this.
These are my observations from being there today.
Got back from a 5-night trip on Mon (did all 4 parks, MK Thurs, AK Fri, HS Sat, EC Sun) and I have to agree with you on many of the lines taking too long. We waited a long time for the F&W booth lines as well as for most major rides @ all the parks (w/ the exception of before official park open time @ MK & HS where they started letting people on 30 mins early) and we didn't even go on a handful of things as we spent so much time waiting in lines--we just ran out of time! If Dis is slowly moving in the direction to increase capacity, IMO they have to resume FastPasses. I would not feel comfortable being jammed into a queue or ride w/ strangers right now to decrease wait times, but I'd sure as heck take some FPs! Even ONE for a Tier 1 ride @ each park would be helpful!

I called Paddlefish directly (like, 90 mins before our reservation time) and cancelled over the phone with the hostess--she was totally fine to cancel but she did tell me to also call Disney to make sure they knew (as we'd made the ADR thru Dis, not PF). So I called Dis and the Castmember did ask me why I was cancelling and I told her I did not feel well--and that we wouldn't have made it anyway due to getting so behind @ the park that day. She said that normally she would have charged me (or, rather the system would automatically charge me) $10 per person for a same-day cancellation but that because I'd cancelled it first w/ Paddlefish it wouldn't incur a charge. Since Paddlefish is @ Dis Springs and you can call it directly, it worked--but if you wanted to cancel @ a park or resort restaurant that you cannot call directly & can only call the main Dis #, I have a feeling you'd be charged. I suppose you could always just walk over to the restaurant ahead of time to cancel in person if you're @ the park where you're eating, but if it were @ a resort, I'm not sure... Can people call resorts directly? I think not, again, you'd have to call the main # and plead your case. (And apparently saying I don't feel well or that I am too late due to rides/lines etc wouldn't have worked for me! Cancelling directly w/ PF was the reason I got out of it.)
You can modify the reservation to a few day away and then cancel to avoid the fee. 😉

You can modify the reservation to a few day away and then cancel to avoid the fee. 😉
OMG, brilliant, duh! Next time...!
Yep, I've modified as close as 20 minutes before hand on the app with no penalty a few times before. Just change it to the next day, or any day in the future, then cancel. Never had any issues doing that.

Got back from a 5-night trip on Mon (did all 4 parks, MK Thurs, AK Fri, HS Sat, EC Sun) and I have to agree with you on many of the lines taking too long. We waited a long time for the F&W booth lines as well as for most major rides @ all the parks (w/ the exception of before official park open time @ MK & HS where they started letting people on 30 mins early) and we didn't even go on a handful of things as we spent so much time waiting in lines--we just ran out of time! If Dis is slowly moving in the direction to increase capacity, IMO they have to resume FastPasses. I would not feel comfortable being jammed into a queue or ride w/ strangers right now to decrease wait times, but I'd sure as heck take some FPs! Even ONE for a Tier 1 ride @ each park would be helpful!

Adding fastpass without increasing ride capacity will not work. They have to be done together or we’ll just see even longer waits and lines.

Adding fastpass without increasing ride capacity will not work. They have to be done together or we’ll just see even longer waits and lines.
Agree. Fast pass isn’t the issue here & you’re right it would make things worse. They need to increase ride capacity. Whether that be more trains, cars, theatres, whatever or filling each ride experience more fully that is what they need to do. It really doesn’t make sense for these short rides to leave so much empty space if the lines are crazy...

You spend more time indoors on the line then in the rides themselves anyway. So I don’t see it increasing anyone’s risk of getting the virus. Yes, same family in each row but fill each row.

We went to MK this morning. Took the boat from Fort Wilderness, strolled into the park at about 8:45 or so. Walked on Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates. We waited about 20 min for BTMR and carousel.
had a lovely mobile order experience with no quirks and early lunch at Cosmic Rays. Then waiting about 20 min each for Space mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Walked over to catch the Liberty square steamboat and caught Goofy’s cavalcade as well as the Villains. we rode the boat, went in a couple stores on Main Street and took the boat back to our cabin for a rest.

We have an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern later

It was a great first day so far. We never felt crowded or rushed and just took each activity as it came. We strolled in and out of gift shops, are some snacks, took rest breaks for water, etc.

The energy of the people is a little different and it might not be the best time for a first timer to visit but we made sure to reach out to people, talk to them, compliment people’s costumes, and just be happy.

Life is what you make it - we are here for the fun!

Let me set the record straight. I’m here at MK right now standing in front of SM. There is ZERO magic. ZERO social distancing. Most people are wearing masks. Good luck staying at least 6 feet from others. Today looks like a normal weekday. I live in FL been coming for 25 years. I’m dissapointed. I felt completely safe at Epcot yesterday as far as distancing goes and had a great day! Here no one cares. Can’t wait to leave in 2 hours. I found a sitting area near Galactic Gateway stage and there is 50 ft for people to avoid me yet they walk within 2-3 feet. All day long....There is going to be massive Corona spikes in Florida in the next 2-6 weeks. Forget waking near it’s a small world or 7 dwarfs you can’t get 2 ft away from anyone.

We went to MK this morning. Took the boat from Fort Wilderness, strolled into the park at about 8:45 or so. Walked on Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates. We waited about 20 min for BTMR and carousel.
had a lovely mobile order experience with no quirks and early lunch at Cosmic Rays. Then waiting about 20 min each for Space mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Walked over to catch the Liberty square steamboat and caught Goofy’s cavalcade as well as the Villains. we rode the boat, went in a couple stores on Main Street and took the boat back to our cabin for a rest.

We have an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern later

It was a great first day so far. We never felt crowded or rushed and just took each activity as it came. We strolled in and out of gift shops, are some snacks, took rest breaks for water, etc.

The energy of the people is a little different and it might not be the best time for a first timer to visit but we made sure to reach out to people, talk to them, compliment people’s costumes, and just be happy.

Life is what you make it - we are here for the fun!
If I could love this comment I would have

Let me set the record straight. I’m here at MK right now standing in front of SM. There is ZERO magic. ZERO social distancing. Most people are wearing masks. Good luck staying at least 6 feet from others. Today looks like a normal weekday. I live in FL been coming for 25 years. I’m dissapointed. I felt completely safe at Epcot yesterday as far as distancing goes and had a great day! Here no one cares. Can’t wait to leave in 2 hours. I found a sitting area near Galactic Gateway stage and there is 50 ft for people to avoid me yet they walk within 2-3 feet. All day long....There is going to be massive Corona spikes in Florida in the next 2-6 weeks. Forget waking near it’s a small world or 7 dwarfs you can’t get 2 ft away from anyone.
I think it's about perspective. The person above you posted their experience in MK today as well and they are having a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter