Today we went to Animal Kingdom and I did not feel nearly as comfortable there. People did not seem to be aware of staying distanced and there were many kids without masks/with masks below their noses. More people walking while eating/drinking, too. I think we’re going to stick to Epcot for now.

Today we went to Animal Kingdom and I did not feel nearly as comfortable there. People did not seem to be aware of staying distanced and there were many kids without masks/with masks below their noses. More people walking while eating/drinking, too. I think we’re going to stick to Epcot for now.
I honestly don't think the park is the issue, it's the people. Same person that breaks the rules in one park will do it in another.

Are people who break the rules more likely to frequent certain parks?
I doubt it. There's no indication that CM enforcement is different depending on the park. When we see someone breaking the rules we only see them for a moment, maybe a couple of minutes, then they move on or we move on, it also depends if CMs are around and what they do. Not all CM enforce the rules the same way not all guests break the rules, but, human nature says that if they manage to break the rules in one park they will also do that everywhere else

so can you go to your reserved park in the morning and go back to the same park late afternoon? I wasn't sure if you can only enter once.

This. This. This.
Because when I went I felt Epcot was the worst and DAK was hands down the best. It’s absolutely the people and not the park.
True, but some parks feel more congested and thus make it harder to keep away from people who are not wearing masks. I think world showcase and magic kingdom do a better job spreading around guests than AK or HS

True, but some parks feel more congested and thus make it harder to keep away from people who are not wearing masks. I think world showcase and magic kingdom do a better job spreading around guests than AK or HS
I think the park and more specifically area, that has the biggest issue in terms of crowding is DHS-SWGE. AK has tons of space other than maybe some points in Pandora. I have been to all parks, several times, since opening, and on any given day I could say mask wearing has been lax in each one of them

Would love if you could post what you observe if you go the skyliner route when you get back. We're staying in August and I'm trying to figure out tactics too. We're at Riviera so if the transfer situation is bad at CBR, we may just get up real early and walk tot he caribbean station before it opens to avoid having to transfer.
Here’s my report back! We are staying at pop and after Debating between Lyft and Skyliner, decided to go Skyliner. My husband is an early bird and volunteered to go down real early to the Skyliner line. He was in line about 7:50 and was 5th in line. We joined him about 8:40. Skyliner started a few minutes after 9, transfer was pretty quick, and we were in Hollywood studious by about 9:30. We even got in line for MMRR and rode it, getting off at 9:59 😳just in time to sign up for ROR. Whole family tried for a boarding pass and my daughter who lives in Connecticut actually was the one to snag our passes for us, boarding group 15! If you are ok getting up early, Skyliner was awesome. The line got long pretty fast. Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
I have allergies and have to take antihistamines that dry My mouth out. So I am constantly sipping water. Is it a faux pas to slip a straw under a mask while in line for a ride?

I've probably been the most vocal person in this thread about people not wearing their masks properly. I would have no issue with you slipping a straw under your mask. First of all, your mask is still basically on. Secondly, you are showing consideration for other people by doing it this way, rather than taking your mask off altogether. A big part of why I personally get upset is people's utter disregard for others. Just the principle of it.

Here’s my report back! We are staying at pop and after Debating between Lyft and Skyliner, decided to go Skyliner. My husband is an early bird and volunteered to go down real early to the Skyliner line. He was in line about 7:50 and was 5th in line. We joined him about 8:40. Skyliner started a few minutes after 9, transfer was pretty quick, and we were in Hollywood studious by about 9:30. We even got in line for MMRR and rode it, getting off at 9:59 😳just in time to sign up for ROR. Whole family tried for a boarding pass and my daughter who lives in Connecticut actually was the one to snag our passes for us, boarding group 15! If you are ok getting up early, Skyliner was awesome. The line got long pretty fast. Best of luck to you!

So no line at CB around 9? That’s encouraging!

There was a bit of a line, but honestly, it was about 5 minutes. The lines look long, but move fast!

Someone on FB said they waited 45 minutes starting at 9:30. I was surprised since they do usually move fast but maybe it was a lot of small parties.

Thanks for the response!

@yulilin3 - yay! We are staying on the skyliner so maybe we would do that for HS and Epcot, probably not MK or AK.
Theres no reason you couldn't with MK/AK other than the bus rides can take time. But if you wanted to be there for park open and park close, but take a 3-4 hour early afternoon break, you'd still get 6-7 hours in the parks.

Mainly depends on what you're using your break for and if you want to get more hours in the park and leave early, etc.

I got here today. Staying at Pop. Lucky my room was ready at 2 pm when I parked from my drive in from Atlanta area. Brought the luggage in, lathered the sunscreen, grabbed my park bag and headed to bus stop. The MK bus appeared very shortly. The bus times feature in MDE isn’t available 😕 There was only 2 groups on the bus, got to MK, did temp screen, bag set off metal detector, so had to take the stuff out and let them look in bottom of bag (my guess is the portable battery changer as culprit)

Did Dumbo, Pirates, Splash and Buzz. Watch out on Dumbo the seat was super hot from the sun. The mask compliance was pretty good. A few nose peakers. I gave myself an extra wait here sticker on pirates and splash because the group ahead was sort of spreading out on their markers.

The dedicated entrance and exits on the shops, QS take a bit of getting used to. Epcot tomorrow.

I have allergies and have to take antihistamines that dry My mouth out. So I am constantly sipping water. Is it a faux pas to slip a straw under a mask while in line for a ride?
I bought an ice tea from Joffreys and slid the straw under my mask to drink. A cast member approached me and told me I had to step to the side to consume my beverage, even the way I was drinking it. It only takes a second to step to the side to take a sip so it wasn't a big deal but they did call me out on it.

Just got back from EPCOT today, staying at Riviera. Lines were consistently shorter than posted with longest being Frozen (stated 45, took 30). Masking was excellent in my opinion. Ride social distancing was great as well. Cleaning stations and gel stations all over the place. I felt very good about the whole experience. . . But sure wish my son would stop touching everything!! 😜🤪

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter