• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

And that's the answer that my local manager at publix gave me as to why they don't enforce. But i will risk the possibility of being physically attacked for the ability to get someone to put on the mask. Again if anyone gets angry with a request to follow the rules they will get angry with me or with the cm. The cm get physically and verbally attacked everyday, we all know how some people behave but that won't stop me from speaking up
I agree with you, but as we all I know that jerks are everywhere and just be careful.

For those asking about straws slidden into marks, the guidelines (regardless of ‘why’ you need to drink more often) are clear. To consume a beverage in any way, please step aside, stop and drink how you wish. Same rules for everyone.

I am the OP on the dry mouth, straw question. So if you are in a queue and need to take a sip of water, the protocol is you need to leave the line to step aside? Or move to the boundaries of the queue? I am trying to understand what the expectation of the rules are.

in my day job I am a supervisor of a number of churches trying to develop reopening protocols, and take a lot of abuse over policies that require masks in order to gather. So don’t hear this as in anyway trying to subvert the rules that keep us safer.

I am the OP on the dry mouth, straw question. So if you are in a queue and need to take a sip of water, the protocol is you need to leave the line to step aside? Or move to the boundaries of the queue? I am trying to understand what the expectation of the rules are.

in my day job I am a supervisor of a number of churches trying to develop reopening protocols, and take a lot of abuse over policies that require masks in order to gather. So don’t hear this as in anyway trying to subvert the rules that keep us safer.
Hmmm. I guess we have been breaking the rules then. If we are in line on one of the spacer markers, stopped, I have allowed my kids to pull down their masks to drink. When we start again, they pull them back up . . .

I know it would never happen, but I wish they would implement a warning system based on your ticket media. If they give you a warning, they scan your ticket/magicband and and it logs the warning. If you get scanned twice in one day, you're out and not allowed to re-enter for the rest of the day.

I'm not sure what the proper thing to do is, but I bring hard candy with me to help with the dry mouth situation. I will probably put one of those in my mouth before getting in line for a ride, hopefully that will get me through.

Is the skyliner situation from Pop that bad? Only really asking for ROTR. What time should I get to the skyliner if I wanna make rope drop?
We took the Skyliner from pop yesterday and it worked great! We got in line early, we just sent one person, and we joined him later. my husband got in line at 7:45, we joined him at 8:30. We were in HS by 9:30 and even rode MMRR before 10:00. We got boarding group 15. Our daughter at home got our boarding group.

We took the Skyliner from pop yesterday and it worked great! We got in line early, we just sent one person, and we joined him later. my husband got in line at 7:45, we joined him at 8:30. We were in HS by 9:30 and even rode MMRR before 10:00. We got boarding group 15. Our daughter at home got our boarding group.

I would love to do this since we will have DS2 and DS5 with us, it sounds like nobody had a problem with this? Does the line start inside the Skyliner queue or do they not open that part until they start running? We bring a double stroller and I was worried about pushing past anybody inside the Skyliner queue and getting to close to them/ violating the social distancing rules. If the line starts outside the queue area I guess it wouldn't be a problem?

We're here now. You need to be stationary to eat/drink. There are plenty of times in line when you are stopped on your social distancing marker, especially if you hit a 15-20 minute cleaning cycle. While stopped in line, we'll quickly lift masks to take a drink. We haven't seen CMs tell anyone doing that not to. They do tell people walking while eating/drinking to put masks back on.

Hmmm. I guess we have been breaking the rules then. If we are in line on one of the spacer markers, stopped, I have allowed my kids to pull down their masks to drink. When we start again, they pull them back up . . .
There are also tons of vlogs showing the same thing. When we're in line, at least 6 ft. away from others I am fully expecting there to be times when my family and others take their mask off for a quick drink of water. OP, I think you'll be fine doing that...just not walking around. I think common sense will generally win out in these types of situations.

I would love to do this since we will have DS2 and DS5 with us, it sounds like nobody had a problem with this? Does the line start inside the Skyliner queue or do they not open that part until they start running? We bring a double stroller and I was worried about pushing past anybody inside the Skyliner queue and getting to close to them/ violating the social distancing rules. If the line starts outside the queue area I guess it wouldn't be a problem?
The line starts outside and no one had a problem with it. Each group has its own skyliner, so it doesn’t matter if it’s one person in your party, or 8, it’s still one skyliner! Super easy to push a stroller up and join whoever got in line early! The skyliner itself started a couple minutes after 9:00. I would probably have everyone there by 8:45 just to be safe...though I don’t think it ever starts loading people before 9. Best of luck to you!

There's no bus service for Pop? Will AoA not have bus service either?
[/QUOTE

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but just to confirm: I'm going mid October (hopefully!) staying at POP. So busses will only run to MK and AK? If we're going to Epcot or HS, its only Skyliner?

Report from today at HS—not sure whether it was the potential storm or what, but we have ridden MMRR twice, ToT 3x, Rockin’ twice, AS2 once, Slinky 3x, Millenium, RotR, TSM 4x, Star Tours, eaten at 50’s Prime Time and that is still with cleaning breaks and RotR going down while we were in line for 30 minutes. Great weekend day!! Hope you guys experience the same!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the skyliner situation from Pop that bad? Only really asking for ROTR. What time should I get to the skyliner if I wanna make rope drop?

I just got back from a week at Pop with two park days at HS. We got in line at 8:10 am both mornings for the Skyliner and made it inside the park around 9:30 am. We got boarding groups both days with no issues. I highly recommend you get in line for the Skyliner early because one day the line stretched beyond the 80s buildings by the time the Skyliner opened. The second day we went, oddly enough, the line didn’t stretch as far. Just to be safe, I’d get in line no later than 8:15 am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter