• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A couple of questions. I listened to a blog and they said that hardly any of the stores were open in Epcot's WS. None in England, China Germany and they thought Italy and Japan were also closed. Can someone please confirm? I thought it was just the CS and some TS closed. Also, only two more days until we make our TS resv. There is really not a lot of choices, we had planned on having dinner a couple of nights at DS but after hearing the reviews regarding distancing issues and less stringent mask wearing we are crossing DS off our list except for 1 or 2 early lunches. Our party includes a 1 and 3 year old, what are your thoughts about resv CA Grill or Tiffins. If there was a meltdown we would absolutely remove the little offender but the 1 year old in particular can be loud, really cute, sweet and adorable but a real chatter. I don't want to get the death stare.

I posted up our experiences from last weekend a few pages back and as I posted, we saw 99.99% mask compliance but reading through the post made me remember something I forgot. Of all the places, almost every time I had to use the bathroom, I seen people take their mask off or let it hang from one ear while taking a leak. Did anyone else see people doing this? Seems to me to be the one place you do NOT want to take it off is the bathroom.

One additional question can anyone confirm if you can still walk to HS from BWV. I thought I read that the walkway was blocked off for some reason.

Report from today at HS—not sure whether it was the potential storm or what, but we have ridden MMRR twice, ToT 3x, Rockin’ twice, AS2 once, Slinky 3x, Millenium, RotR, TSM 4x, Star Tours, eaten at 50’s Prime Time and that is still with cleaning breaks and RotR going down while we were in line for 30 minutes. Great weekend day!! Hope you guys experience the same!
Remember Alien Swirling Saucer is AS2 or else you get the asterisks :)

A couple of questions. I listened to a blog and they said that hardly any of the stores were open in Epcot's WS. None in England, China Germany and they thought Italy and Japan were also closed. Can someone please confirm? I thought it was just the CS and some TS closed. Also, only two more days until we make our TS resv. There is really not a lot of choices, we had planned on having dinner a couple of nights at DS but after hearing the reviews regarding distancing issues and less stringent mask wearing we are crossing DS off our list except for 1 or 2 early lunches. Our party includes a 1 and 3 year old, what are your thoughts about resv CA Grill or Tiffins. If there was a meltdown we would absolutely remove the little offender but the 1 year old in particular can be loud, really cute, sweet and adorable but a real chatter. I don't want to get the death stare.
At WS the only pavilion that doesn't have a store open is China although the little shop by the water is. Other than that all the pavilions have at least half of the stores open

I didn't try any of the stores in England or China. Karamel Kuche in Germany is open but with limited selection. Italy looked pretty closed. The stores in Japan are definitely open. Keep in mind, that these things are changing daily. If your trip is 60+ days out, a lot could change before then.

Tiffins is kind of quiet sometimes, but it's in the theme park. People should expect children. I have seen a lot of kids at CA Grill too. It's all a theme park, except for V&A and Takumi Tei, feel free to take your kid in.

If you go to the MDE app you can filter for Epcot shopping. As Yulilin3 says, many of the shops are open. I think there may have been more closed when Epcot first opened, so if you’re looking at an older blog that may be part of it.

The reopening page of the Disney site should list everything open in parks/resorts. We didn't try to go shopping in each Epcot country, but these are the ones I know about: Canada--only promenade kiosks open, UK--only Twinings is open, France--shop by patisserie is open (and the patisserie and gelato shops), Morocco shops are open, Japan shop is open...but no pick a pearl, no idea on America and Italy, Germany just Karamel kuche--limited selection and promenade kiosks are open, Outpost kiosks are open, china--only kiosk shops on promenade are open, Norway shop is open, and most of Mexico seemed open.

We enjoyed eating at the Wave at the contemporary. We haven't dined at CA grill or Tiffin's.

exactly, and that is what it boils down to. I have seen so many instances of CM trying to enforce the rules and people giving them lip or just taking off their masks as soon as CM looks away only to continue walking and be told by another CM.
A CM told a lady that her child needed to wear a mask and the guest said :good luck having her keep it on: the CM said "well when you booked your trip and on the site and on MDE it says that if you come you have to comply with these rules" she shrugged
People relying 100% on Disney and its employees to keep you safe are not being proactive or realistic. I have let go of situations when I am just walking down a street but when we are in a queue, or sitting for a show I do speak up because we will be spending a considerable amount of time together, again I've gotten the evil look and the sneer and that's fine with me as long as you put your mask back on and social distance
This
In passing, I don't feel unsafe. But a line is different story.
Disney keeps tweeking and adding to policy. I really hope they come up with a system where there is some sort of penalty for non-compliance. Like immediate removal from the line, with an invitation to take a position at the back of the line and try again to obey the posted rules. I feel like these types of people will only comply if there are direct consequences.

We're at AKL Kidani right now and I just wanted to report on mousekeeping. We get new towels and trash emptied every two days, but that's it. We're going on 6 days now, and we would like a few other surfaces wiped down and maybe some vacuuming. I definitely miss regular mousekeeping. Has anyone had cleaning done during their stay? Or just the towel replenishment/trash removal?

We're at AKL Kidani right now and I just wanted to report on mousekeeping. We get new towels and trash emptied every two days, but that's it. We're going on 6 days now, and we would like a few other surfaces wiped down and maybe some vacuuming. I definitely miss regular mousekeeping. Has anyone had cleaning done during their stay? Or just the towel replenishment/trash removal?
You will have to call if you want more services.

From Disney: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:
  • Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming if needed
You can also decline every-other-day service.

Please note that:
  • If you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member using your Membership to stay, you’ll receive service on the 4th and 8th days, unless you decline that service.
Dave

Here now update...

Friday, did HS, felt busy midday. We were there from 11:30-6. TSL looked busy, but TSM and AS only had 10-15 min waits, 30 for SDD. Did not get a boarding pass at 2pm for RotR, will try again tomorrow... some year we'll get on it. Ate lunch at Sci-Fi, great spacing for dining--every other car and 1 party per car. Got in line for MMRR at 3:30...hit a cleaning cycle, ended up being 45 minutes. Went to Galaxy's edge, only 15 minute wait for MFSR. Walked around the shops taking in atmosphere. Saw Rey, Chewbacca, and someone else. Went to Muppets on way out, walk on. Soooo hot that day. Wait times way down as we were leaving, but we were worn out.

Did Epcot both Saturday and Sunday... amazing how different it was. Saturday was busy, seemed crowded in countries, wait times longer. Sunday, few people around, short or no waits, felt much safer Sunday (tropical storm probably kept people away, but we only had rain for an hour). Saturday had a guy 2 groups ahead of us in line for soarin with his mask off most of the stopped wait...my kids saw him vaping...no CMs in that area. We saw cavalcades Saturday-Mickey/Minnie/Pluto/Goofy, and princesses later. Had dinner at Biergarten Saturday, spaced every other table, family style meal, oompah band played for a bit. Had lunch at Spice Road Table today, ate inside as it was so humid, tables inside a little closer than we'd like, but felt okay in our corner table once I moved in further on the bench seat and the party seated nearby sat in the seats by the window, distancing from us. One family came in with masks off before getting to their table...and saw the mom take small toddler to bathroom...no masks as she walked through restaurant...ug...I just don't understand some people. Enjoyed the food at both.

Cloth masks harder to breathe through on humid days--like today. Luckily lots of A/c rides/attractions at Epcot.

We've been at BWV 1 bedroom for 4 nts...which is why we've done all these days at HS and Epcot as we can walk to both. Moving to AKV studio tommorow for the last 5 NTS. Have yet to visit a pool, looked too busy for us after the parks. (DH did get food for us from the pool bar 1 nt, said people were good about wearing a mask to the bar.)

Our party includes a 1 and 3 year old, what are your thoughts about resv CA Grill or Tiffins. If there was a meltdown we would absolutely remove the little offender but the 1 year old in particular can be loud, really cute, sweet and adorable but a real chatter. I don't want to get the death stare.
With kids this young, I would skip Cali Grill for sure, and probably Tiffins as well. Both can be very quiet, and I'm sure even more so now with reduced capacity. I've taken my kids to both, but waited until they were older, like 7-8 yo. They are both very nice restaurants and both are expensive. If your little one has a meltdown (which I know mine would have been likely to do at that age), I would have hated to have my meal ruined by stepping out with them. Especially at Cali Grill, where you have ridden an elevator to the top and there aren't many out of the way places you can take a small child while waiting for a meltdown to end.

Maybe Grand Floridian Cafe or Yak and Yeti instead?

You will have to call if you want more services.

From Disney: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:
  • Removal of trash and used towels
  • Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
  • Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
  • Vacuuming if needed
You can also decline every-other-day service.

Please note that:
  • If you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member using your Membership to stay, you’ll receive service on the 4th and 8th days, unless you decline that service.
Dave
We rented DVC points via a vendor. Which will apply to our stay, the upper or lower part of your post?

agreed. I don't think people realize how nasty people get when you ask them to wear their mask, and how abusive people are. Where I work luckily it's not my main job to police it, but I do have to speak up if I see it. I have mocked and made fun of so many times. And yes, there have been times, I "pretend" i don't see it because I don't feel like getting attacked (i'll alert manager to go deal with it).

If it's like that for me, I'm guessing at Disney or Universal, you times that by 10.
I have one dd who works at Target and one who works at an aquarium. We have a statewide mask mandate. Both of my dd's have to constantly ask guests to wear a mask (or at the aquarium, be on a waitlist until capacity eases). People are so rude and chew them both out. They both explain that these are not their rules but the rules set forth by the government and they must enforce them. People go ballistic. It's really amazing to me that people think it's okay to take their frustration with the rules out on the poor workers, who are essentially, risking their own health to be there. You can agree or not agree with wearing masks but if you choose to go to Disney, or Target or wherever, you must follow their rules. Simple as that.

Hi friend! We ate at Via Napoli in Italy and shopped in Japan (can't remember if any restaurants were open). Much of the WS is closed. We didn't even spend a full day at Epcot - makes me sad to say cause we love EP - but there just wasn't much to do outside of Future World, and we all know how sparse that is right now.

We requested a cleaning by chatting through the app. Honestly, our room at Pop was not clean. Hairs on floor and on bathroom cabinets at check-in. Really gross. I felt bad complaining cause I know they are probably overworked with less CM's but we had two rooms and one was pretty yucky. I requested a re-clean (disney's term). We also were not receiving replenished coffee and cups so I asked for that.

Is the skyliner situation from Pop that bad? Only really asking for ROTR. What time should I get to the skyliner if I wanna make rope drop?
So, I definitely think earlier is the way to go! Here is our experience...we were at wdw from 7/21-7/27 with two DHS days. First HS day we drove our rental car. Best idea ever lol. Left the hotel at 9:00, tapped in at 9:30 and got a BG. Next HS day, we decided to take the Skyliner from Pop. Got in line at 9:09 (line back to 50's). Line took a long, long time and then when we got off at the transfer station, a long, long line awaited us. We tapped in at 10:06 and missed a BG. Couldn't get a 2:00 group either. That was BEFORE CBR opened so I'm not sure how things look now but from what I am reading, you need to be in the Pop line at about 8:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter