DAK let Guests in at 7:20.today.

Queues at each attraction

FOP is only early.open.attraction.
Thanks for this, we’re going tomorrow and I know every morning is different but getting on FOP early would be great! Though I wonder if that makes the other lines longer since more people will be coming to them after FOP. On the bright side, it looks a lot less rainy today!

Heading to MK this Friday for the first time since Feb 2020!

Debating rope dropping 7D versus listening to the TP app (which says start with Splash). My concern is that there aren't enough data with the current re-ramping up for TP to be super accurate. My big goal this trip is to get on Splash because it has been broken or down for regular maintenance every. single. time. I have gone before this visit. WWYD? Rope drop 7D or start with Splash and trust TP?
I'm in the same situation. Anyone with recent experiences who can give us their opinion?

Debating rope dropping 7D versus listening to the TP app (which says start with Splash). My concern is that there aren't enough data with the current re-ramping up for TP to be super accurate. My big goal this trip is to get on Splash because it has been broken or down for regular maintenance every. single. time. I have gone before this visit. WWYD? Rope drop 7D or start with Splash and trust TP?
I'm in the same situation. Anyone with recent experiences who can give us their opinion?

I think it really depends on your focus.

If you want Spash, then I would start there and then hit BTMRR, Pirates, HM and then go from there. Those should all be low waits. That knocks out a good amount of rides quickly but 7DMTR and PP will most likely be longer wait by the time you are done.

The other option is start at 7DMR, then right to splash, then BTMRR, Pirates, etc... but I'm not sure how long the lines at Splash would be after 7DMR.

Here is the experience of Kyle Pallo a couple of weeks ago with the new rope drop procedure. They started at 7DMR and then went from there but didn't even try Splash

I'm impressed how long lines stayed low in MK at rope drop overall. It all depends on if you can truly make it to rope drop or not. 30 minutes makes a huge difference.

Last edited:
I have always seen solo riders in their own row on Safari, I’m not sure that’s a post-Covid change…

Maybe it depends on the CM? When we were there in late June, our party of 2 had to share a row with another party every time we rode Safari. We were squished in there uncomfortably on one ride. We even asked for our own row one time and was told no.

Off of Safari at 8:31-good start to the day.

Interesting note-They were only loading one party per row-even Solos had their own row.

Unless the next party in line decides on their own to join your row. We were a party of two and last week the next party of two decided to board and slid into the row on the jeep with us and it surprised us and it was too late to say anything. They were large people and my husband and I are not super skinny either so it was a bit tight and awkward.

Maybe it depends on the CM? When we were there in late June, our party of 2 had to share a row with another party every time we rode Safari. We were squished in there uncomfortably on one ride. We even asked for our own row one time and was told no.
Oof, that is brutal! I think it’s right for a party of four when you’re all together - making strangers squeeze that close is not right!

TP is not as useful as it was nowadays. Just read it with a bucket of salt. I only used LINE last week when I was there.
If Splash is on your must-do list, go there first. But 7D's line is always longer than that of Splash.
Enjoy your visit!!

Yes,this was the first time ever we have not shared a row.

The Driver even mentioned that our vehicle had been "half loaded" and to not shift our positions so as to keep it "BALANCED".

I'm a big TP fan but I'm also skeptical of what they say. I think it comes down to what do you think will be the bigger time commitment: missing rope drop for 7D and waiting in line later or rope dropping Splash versus maybe having to go back over there multiple times? I've been shadowing my TP agenda that I created for myself based on all the rides we'd like to do. Splash Mountain seems to not be up at opening. I'd say that's true 4 of the last 5 days I've checked using the MDE app. I think you'd be fine to rope drop 7D and then check the app to see if Splash is open and then head over. The days Splash has been open lately, the wait was 5 to 15 minutes after park opening. You can also hit Big Thunder Mountain with minimal wait.

Someone gave the tip a few pages back to pick one direction in Epcot, right or left, from Spaceship Earth because getting from side to side in Future World is difficult. Does this mean the main walkway that goes by the old Innovations/Electric Umbrella/etc is closed? Do you have to walk up to WS to get from Soarin to Mission Space and TT now? Just trying to plan my strategy for tomorrow - thanks!

Someone gave the tip a few pages back to pick one direction in Epcot, right or left, from Spaceship Earth because getting from side to side in Future World is difficult. Does this mean the main walkway that goes by the old Innovations/Electric Umbrella/etc is closed? Do you have to walk up to WS to get from Soarin to Mission Space and TT now? Just trying to plan my strategy for tomorrow - thanks!

Based on my poor memory from last week's visit, the center of the FW is fenced up. The red marking that I scribbled was the area of the construction. So from the main Epcot entrance, you would need to choose a side to go, right to the Land/Soarin' or left to TT/Mission Space. If you want to go across, you would just need to walk around the fence to get to the other side.

Hope it helps.

EPCOT this pm. Soarin posted 30 but was walk on- we did it twice in a row. Nemo an SSE also walk ons. Long day so headed back early tonight.

I will say everyone was right that those things in the lagoon are even more horrific than the pictures showed. Wow. Also the state of that park right now is crazy. Way too much disruption from the construction. The new entrance is beautiful but man the hole behind it also cannot be undersold. It’s a mess.
Completely agree. I don't think whatever water fountains they put on those things during the day is going to hide them.
I'm just hoping the night time show is incredible enough to make up for the change in the lagoon.

Can't wait for the construction to be finished as walking through Future World was a mess.

Based on my poor memory from last week's visit, the center of the FW is fenced up. The red marking that I scribbled was the area of the construction. So from the main Epcot entrance, you would need to choose a side to go, right to the Land/Soarin' or left to TT/Mission Space. If you want to go across, you would just need to walk around the fence to get to the other side.

Hope it helps.
Your recollection is exactly correct. It wastes time going back and forth, so better to do one side and then the other, or even one side, the WS loop, and then the other side later in the day.

How does park hopping work ? Sorry if I’ve missed this …there’s a lot of pages !
First, you would need to go to the park which you have reserved. Then after 2pm you can hop to other parks and no park pass is needed for the other parks, as of now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter