Do you think it would be feasible to do MMRR at RD and then MFSR with a manageable wait?
We haven’t been down into GE that early yet. We broke down on MMRR for several minutes and were still good with RNRC. We have an early Oga’s reservation Thursday so were planning to just rope drop MFSR then. We’re also planning on another night or two back at DHS to try that and SDD at the end of the night. If you remind me Friday I’ll let you know how it looks then!

We haven’t been down into GE that early yet. We broke down on MMRR for several minutes and were still good with RNRC. We have an early Oga’s reservation Thursday so were planning to just rope drop MFSR then. We’re also planning on another night or two back at DHS to try that and SDD at the end of the night. If you remind me Friday I’ll let you know how it looks then!
Thanks for sharing your experiences :)

Not sure if anyone has share it....
Just want to share a small discovery regarding getting to Star Wars GE from the main gate of DHS:
There are two ways to get to GE: Right through Toy Story Land, or Left through Indiana Jones and Muppets..
I found there was definitely LESS people on the LEFT route. Probably because there is really nothing much along the way (sorry Muppet fans!)

Throughout the week, I have also discovered that LEFT is always THE WAY!. The left queue always moves faster than the right...

Rides at or above 50 minutes at WDW right now according to the app. Eek:
  1. Navi 50
  2. Test Track 50
  3. TSM 50
  4. TOT 50
  5. HM 55
  6. It's a Small World(!) 55
  7. HM 55
  8. EE 60
  9. JC 60
  10. MMRR 60
  11. Peter Pan 50
  12. Space 60
  13. POTC 65
  14. RNRC 70
  15. MFSR 80
  16. 7DMT 85
  17. SDD 90
  18. Splash 95
  19. FOP 125

Must be the park hopper crowd.

Regarding that DHS map above...in the morning, which route to Galaxy's Edge do they try to steer the herd to?

I’m here now and have been for the last few days. It’s a mess. Every park is wall to wall, wait times are crazy and it’s super hot. We are doing 3-4 rides at most per park, only did 1 at studios and left and 2 at AK and we were done. I’m a park veteran and I've never seen it this bad with wait times and general crowds. They also just added more capacity so maybe that’s why it’s so crazy. My kids said we are done with Disney for a very long time. This has been a less than magical trip and a waste of very expensive tickets.

Regarding that DHS map above...in the morning, which route to Galaxy's Edge do they try to steer the herd to?
They steer everyone towards Muppets for Galaxy's Edge, at least that's what they did last week of June.
I'm not sure what time the path between Toy Story and Galaxy's Edge opens, but I believe it was the same pre-pandemic where morning crowds are diverted to specific lands and pathways to get there.

I’m here now and have been for the last few days. It’s a mess. Every park is wall to wall, wait times are crazy and it’s super hot. We are doing 3-4 rides at most per park, only did 1 at studios and left and 2 at AK and we were done. I’m a park veteran and I've never seen it this bad with wait times and general crowds. They also just added more capacity so maybe that’s why it’s so crazy. My kids said we are done with Disney for a very long time. This has been a less than magical trip and a waste of very expensive tickets.
So sorry to hear this. We’ve had three blissful pool days (well, yesterday wasn’t great with the rain so we resort-hopped, which was fun) and start our park days tomorrow. I’m trying to stay positive but our expectations are very low - I guess that’s a good thing? We’re probably done with Disney after this as well, what you describe and what I’ve heard from this board and from people at my hotel is really sad.

sorry to hear that. But that was my same feel from last week (7/3-7/9). People told me it was from the 4th of July holiday crowd but I guess it's not really all that. My family is not going back until Disney has a better plan on handling the crowds. I miss FP+.

For those there now or recently, have you noticed photopass photographers?
We were there last week and found plenty, including lots of magic shots, super zoom shots at AK, MK, and HS, and the 360 shots. We came home with tons! of pictures--maybe more than we've ever taken before. In particular, the photographers in GE were especially attentive and took many great shots of our kids (they are teens and dressed in "Batuu-an" inspired outfits.) You can look in the MDE app to see where photographers are in each park-on the screen that shows ride times, use the drop down menu to select photopass.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask --

FOP wait time at closing today was 125 minutes. Has the line been open right up until closing? I think in the past, sometimes the line was closed before the park closed if it got too long. Does anyone know what the wait time would have to be to trigger an early line closing?

Sorry to hear your trip isn't what it could've been. I have no doubt it's incredibly frustrating to spend so much money and come away with a negative view of your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter