• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This is only based on what I read on another thread today so not personal experience. Others were supporting that not being granted access with only a mobile order is happening more frequently.
had friends who had to press "here now" in front of guard as they had planned to cancel once thru gate. so they had to decide to stop and pick up or loose the cost of meal. they decided to eat but ended up behind the ferry when they walked over. guard was not going to let thru unless they confirmed CS meal

had friends who had to press "here now" in front of guard as they had planned to cancel once thru gate. so they had to decide to stop and pick up or loose the cost of meal. they decided to eat but ended up behind the ferry when they walked over. guard was not going to let thru unless they confirmed CS meal
That’s kind of smart and fair.

Completely Opposite reactions to the same exact comment back-to-back...

This is the most “DIS” thing ever 😂 😂

Well, people do like to find loopholes. BUT the rules are the rules. Things are weird with COVID and I totally understand Disney enforcing their policy - which has always been that you get 3 hours parking max at a resort when you have a dining reservation. This was well in place before this. If you really want to get to MK early, make a 7:30 AM reservation at the Wave, Eat something quick, and bounce.

Y’all it’s beyond busy here! I cannot get over the crowds! Covid rules definitely don’t exist in Disney this weekend! I would have never guessed this was limited capacity...and yes I know it’s a holiday weekend.
Just remember it’s 35% of max capacity not average capacity. The touring plans folks have said, I think, that at average MK day per Covid was 40-45-% capacity, so when you hit 35% and add limited rides/shows and social distancing I bet it seems packed.

Y’all it’s beyond busy here! I cannot get over the crowds! Covid rules definitely don’t exist in Disney this weekend! I would have never guessed this was limited capacity...and yes I know it’s a holiday weekend.

We were planning to go this weekend and just canceled our park reservations tonight. Heard too many stories about the crowds this weekend (and it's not even Saturday yet!) and decided against it.

Just got back, will refrain from posting our daily itineraries since they don't differ too much from the other more detailed recent posts in this thread, except to say the crowd levels are definitely quite high and often felt like a typical summer day in the parks. Here is our pre-park opening experiences for reference:

Resort: Yacht Club

Mon 2/8 - Magic Kingdom - First bus arrived at 8:15am, line was stretched all the way to lobby entrance. Park was already open when we arrived with long lines at temp check and security, arrived on Main Street around 8:40am.
Tues 2/9 - Epcot - Lining up at International Gateway temp checks allowed starting at 10:00am, Skyliner offloading started not long after, boat offloading held until park opened at exactly 10:20am.
Weds 2/10 - Animal Kingdom - First bus arrived at 7:20am, park had just opened not long before our bus arrived at the park.
Thurs 2/11 - Hollywood Studios - Walked over and arrived at 8:15am right when park opened, Skyliner was already offloading and we saw the first boat arrive right as we got there.

We were planning to go this weekend and just canceled our park reservations tonight. Heard too many stories about the crowds this weekend (and it's not even Saturday yet!) and decided against it.

Very very smart! I’m regretting my decision to be here. It wasn’t a wise one:guilty:

Just remember it’s 35% of max capacity not average capacity. The touring plans folks have said, I think, that at average MK day per Covid was 40-45-% capacity, so when you hit 35% and add limited rides/shows and social distancing I bet it seems packed.

No, No I understand that however this is beyond. We are talkingit’s hard to even walk through Epcot with the crowds. No one is staying on the social distancing markers and it looks like an average summer day. Disney should be ashamed to have gone back on their word and let this many people in. It’s truly uncomfortable to be here. If this isn’t a super spreader weekend I’d be amazed.

Have people been able to park hop this weekend? Specifically to DHS? I see that most of the parks don't have reservations available so was wondering if park hopping can still happen. We are going the last week of March and already DHS reservations are gone for resort guests and ticketholders.

No, No I understand that however this is beyond. We are talkingit’s hard to even walk through Epcot with the crowds. No one is staying on the social distancing markers and it looks like an average summer day. Disney should be ashamed to have gone back on their word and let this many people in. It’s truly uncomfortable to be here. If this isn’t a super spreader weekend I’d be amazed.
With reduced hours, half the restaurants closed, construction walls everywhere, almost no shows, and every ride having socially distanced lines - the walkways are going to be as packed as a 100% capacity day if they hit the 35% marker. The issue is not that Disney is letting in more than the 35% (they aren't), the issue is that they are not opening more things to help absorb that 35%. You've essentially got tens of thousands of people with basically no where to go but the walkways.

They need to expand the hours to spread out the crowds, bring back the shows and experiences, open the restaurants and bring back the cast members to handle it.

I would like to hear from others who are there right now because watching Touringplans wait times all day yesterday (and will today) I do not think it would of been a bad day.
I was thinking the same thing. Not to negate anyone's experience, but the wait times seemed manageable last night (Friday). I say this as someone who is currently 600 miles away from the parks so, I'm interested to hear from others.

Anecdotally, the wait times I see here at 10am on a Saturday look pretty much the same as they were at 10am two weeks ago when were there. Fri/Sat/Sun are just different than Mon-Thur down there right now.

Perhaps there’s been a slight uptick in crowds for the holiday as WDW may have truly reached their full current capacity this weekend but I’m not sure it’s an appreciable difference vs every other Fri/Sat since Christmas.

(Oh, and they are even offering some very nice extended hours this weekend to help spread things out vs when we were there)

EDIT: 7DMT is at 30 mins and BTMRR is at 5 mins right now... that’s crazy! Those waits are lower than the dead Wednesday midweek we had!! What is going on?? 😂 😂

EDIT2: half of MK rides are now closed due to a thunderstorm... me thinks my earlier observation might have been due to some rain 😂

Last edited:
Are Jambo folks having any trouble getting on busses to parks? Should we walk to Kidani?

I want to be early for MK - plan to be at the bus stop 90 minutes before park open and I don’t know if I should stay at Jambo or walk it to Kidani to ensure I’m on that first bus. No Uber as I have DD4 and no car seat.

EDIT: 7DMT is at 30 mins and BTMRR is at 5 mins right now... that’s crazy! Those waits are lower than the dead Wednesday midweek we had!! What is going on?? 😂 😂

EDIT2: half of MK rides are now closed due to a thunderstorm... me thinks my earlier observation might have been due to some rain 😂
Yes! I have a relative there right now and it's a torrential downpour!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter