Wait! Bus times were back in the app? I'll be there this weekend...do tell! I thought they were fully taken away! How about bus times at the resort boards?

Also, they are still doing guest recovery FP? What is that and how does it work?
I’ve seen bus times on the boards at AKL and Riviera over the past couple of days. I know the Riviera bus times were showing on the app.

Today was my first full day at Hollywood Studios.

I got boarding group 71 which was a great beginning to the day.

I drove to HS and was turned around (at 7:55). Not only was Disney Security there but two Orange County Sheriff's vehicles, including one parked on the right shoulder to keep people from pulling over on the shoulder. After doing the loop de loop, I arrived back and they were allowing cars to line up behind the cones. They held us there until 8:03, allowed us to pull up to the parking booths but held us there until 8:13.

While waiting to get through, I put in a breakfast order at Woody's (kid's breakfast) for pick up at 9:05 to 9:35. I paid the extra $20 for preferred parking and was the 3rd car being parked. They are parking a car in every-other space and after parking about 5 cars, having the next cars park behind them to try and social distance you as are exiting.

Through temperature check and security quickly and was walking onto Mickey and Minnie's by 8:20. After Mickey and Minnie, I headed to Toy Story Land where I did Toy Story Mania (a walk on) and Slinky (about 10 minutes) before picking up my breakfast at Woody's around 9:20. By this time, the lines were growing. Slinky was 50 minutes. I lingered over breakfast and watched folks.

I did Mickey and Minnie once again (35 minutes or so) then went to the Mickey and Minnie Vacation movie (a Disney Jr Cavalcade came by while we were entering).

Then it was time to check in for my lunch at Prime Time Cafe. I did the digital check-in 10 minutes before my reservation time and got the "table is ready" text at my reservation time. I was seated right away. Had a nice lunch, went to Star Tours, and when I was out of Star Tours, my Boarding Group had been called so it was off to ROTR.

After ROTR, I walked through Toy Story land...and did Toy Story Mania (posted 25 minutes was more like 10) and then began heading to the front of the park...just in time for the rain to being.

I was doubly glad I had done preferred parking with the rain - with most of the folks waiting under any surface, with my umbrella I was happy to head on to the car.

Some notes: AGAIN if you are on property, use Disney Transportation or walk if you are within walking distance. The Skyliner gondolas were arriving the entire time we were sitting waiting to get beyond the parking booths.

Mask compliance was around 90-95% at HS. a few noses, a few folks walking while eating. They were constantly reminding folks not to eat or drink in line and were having people toss any drink/food before entering the main portion of the que.

AND they ARE watching. My Star Tours was closed up and suddenly all the lights went back up, they announced that everyone needed to put their masks BACK ON, the guy came in, eyeballed the people in the middle row, double checked the settings and finally started the ride.

Some advice: if you or your kiddos are not used to wearing masks, now may not be a good time to come. It's HOT and even if you're used to masks it can be tough. I saw a few meltdowns, and lots of red-faced, hot kids.

With the MASKS, it's hard to keep hydrated but with the heat you need to do so. I had headaches Sunday and Monday after returning from the parks and realized I'd had less than a bottle of water in addition to beverages I had at meals. Today, I had 2 full bottles of water + more all before 2 PM and no headache tonight. And remember that your kids need to hydrate, too. I know it's tough to pull over and stop but it just leads to feeling cranky....

Excellent report! Thank you. Sounds like you had a great day, and you’ve made me glad we will be using the Skyliner!!

Wait! Bus times were back in the app? I'll be there this weekend...do tell! I thought they were fully taken away! How about bus times at the resort boards?

Also, they are still doing guest recovery FP? What is that and how does it work?

Bus times were back in the app, but not always. At 730 am it only showed MK and HS bus times, but they were right. I also saw some bus times on the board at one point.

Guest recovery FP might be a term of art I don’t understand - we were given FP by a very kind CM to help with a specific situation. My point was I was able to use them on MMRR, so did not know how long that line really was. The CM was not sure the FP would even work on MMRR so I was very grateful we got it and it did! I know we got FP on a prior trip when Splash went down - they gave everyone in line a FP.

How early are the buses running? I made an ADR at chef mickeys for 7:45 one morning when magic kingdom opens at 9:00. Stupidly I didn’t think that maybe the buses won’t be running that early. We can’t do rideshare bc we have 2 littles that would have to have carseats. Do you think we’ll be able to make it or should I cancel?

How early are the buses running? I made an ADR at chef mickeys for 7:45 one morning when magic kingdom opens at 9:00. Stupidly I didn’t think that maybe the buses won’t be running that early. We can’t do rideshare bc we have 2 littles that would have to have carseats. Do you think we’ll be able to make it or should I cancel?
Buses currently start running 45-60 mins before park opening so using Disney transportation is this situation will not get you there in time for a 7:45 reservation. Possibly a slightly later reservation will open?

Buses currently start running 45-60 mins before park opening so using Disney transportation is this situation will not get you there in time for a 7:45 reservation. Possibly a slightly later reservation will open?

I second this. On our MK Day, the park opened at 9 am and the bus came at 745. Disney buses will not get you there for a 745 am ADR

Last edited:

As the others have said, this will not be possible. Where are you coming from? Just wondering if there might be another option we could suggest.

We are planning a June trip with small grandkids, so I am planning to make a slightly later Topolino’s reservation, so we can use Disney transportation.

First time walking through the stand by line so I quite enjoyed the wait. And it constantly moved. Had never seen the full queue. They did leave spaces between riders. Grabbed a breakfast snack and walked through Gorilla Falls. Gorillas were quite active and the birds making nests too! Usually Nemo and Lion King are musts and since the were closed wanted to try new things so we took the train for the first time. Walked right on that a d quite enjoyed the train. Saw the petting zoo and the inside lab exhibits. And walked right back on the train. Loved resting the feet but the walk from the train to Rafikis is not short.

There's always an upside if you look hard enough. We're going in April. Because of fastpasses, we've often missed a lot of the cool things on teh standby line. Looking forward to experiencing it this trip.

Last friendly warning. This thread is for here now and just back. It is not to discuss masks or vaccines. This thread is about what is going on at Disney now, not what Disney should or should not be doing. Any suggestions of what Disney should or should not allow, please address to Disney directly, not here. From this point forward, points will be given for going off topic.

For those old timers on the board, I’m sure you remember the years that here now or just back threads weren’t allowed on the theme park boards and were moved to trip reports. I’d really be disappointed if we had to revert back to that.

I find this thread extremely helpful. I don’t want it closed. Please, let’s keep it going!! Let’s stay on topic!

No arguing, no sarcasm. Following the DIS guidelines. If you don’t know what the guidelines or warning point system is, please check out the guideline sticky.

We had to show our ADR to board the Skyliner.
That's new. Could this have been a fluke? Anyone else encountered this situation? My previous experience (and as others have reported) was that anyone could ride the skyliner without having to give a reason for going there.

That's new. Could this have been a fluke? Anyone else encountered this situation? My previous experience (and as others have reported) was that anyone could ride the skyliner without having to give a reason for going there.
I believe this happened as the guest was trying to get to a resort for dining before the Epcot loop was open to take guests towards Epcot from CBR. The reservation proof was to allow them to access the loop before it was accepting Epcot guests.

The OP was asking about options to get to Riviera for an early dining reservation.

You are quite right that anyone can ride the Skyliner.

I believe this happened as the guest was trying to get to a resort for dining before the Epcot loop was open to take guests towards Epcot from CBR. The reservation proof was to allow them to access the loop before it was accepting Epcot guests.

The OP was asking about options to get to Riviera for an early dining reservation.

You are quite right that anyone can ride the Skyliner.

This was about 9 am, so before Epcot opened.

Yes that's really odd. Why in the world would you need a reservation to go from DHS to Riviera.

Yes that's really odd. Why in the world would you need a reservation to go from DHS to Riviera.

The Skyliner loop going from CBR to Epcot does not carry guests to Epcot until closer to park opening. Guests with an earlier dining reservation need to show proof of this to board the Epcot bound Skyliner at CBR.

Just as the buses don't start running to the parks until 45-60 mins before park opening, the Epcot bound Skyliner does not carry guests (who don't have a dining reservation) to Epcot until 45-60 mins before Epcot opens.

how has hopping been going. anyone been denied. my question is if its a safe bet to make dining reservations that would require hopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter